Titan suspension

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Err...in my understanding, titan suspension dun have this features. They will retune for you according to your preference. Some will think that this is their set back( no turning knod for you) while some others think this is their selling point. Customised tuning, and setting, best of all, its free........and also after tuning, they will adjust ur alignment too

serenum

Known Member
Apr 2, 2004
Visit site
dear serenum,

may we know what car u're using....
my putra was using std gti R3 asorber (kayaba) with Tein coil spring...
all brand new but just for 2 weeks...after that hancusss...out of my apex...muhahahahaha
hi... i drive a putra too.

maybe the coil spring doesnt match with ur damping.

or try titan ah. hehe.

look for second hand at richard's place. should be a set for you.

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
Thanks again evan2000..for the information..which saves my time going there and ask...to me it think its a major set back as i have to travel there when ever i need to soften or harden my absobers..

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
hi... i drive a putra too.

maybe the coil spring doesnt match with ur damping.

or try titan ah. hehe.

look for second hand at richard's place. should be a set for you.
hi serenum...glad to hear u're using putra too...
easy for me to get more info...hehehehe

second hand also got ka....hope can go to that shop someday...
about the alighment, richard was using machine or manual?

Last edited:

sumimasen

1,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2007
second hand also got ka....hope can go to that shop someday...
about the alighment, richard was using machine or manual?
manually...

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
Titan dampening u can't adjust it yrself. it involved hardware change n not at a turn of a knob...... the great difference between GAB n titan is the after sales service...... u ask ppl who used GAB n got problem with the stuff then u'll know how terrible is it to get yr problem sort out. u try to ask Titan users about the after sales service, i think nobody will complain and there's only thumbs up for uncle richard. Suspension is the most complicated part of the car apart from the engine cos it is constantly moving n face with so many harshness of the malaysian road. it is very prone to develop problem. somemore Titan use the inverted monotube system similiar to those of bilstein and different frm most absorber u'll find out there.

Hi to all!!! may i know how does the GAB SS series compare to Titan SS series(if got) or similar specs..how do one evaluate the absobers? i was told that GAB SS allows 32 point damping adjustments..the GAB HA series (hi/low only) was fixed at 16 point. hence allows 15 more points of softness/hard dampering..is it true? And does Titan manufacturer customize the absober by changing the internal parts/gas/ or tune it using the adjustment gear and changing spring rate to suit your driving? can anyone share their experience?

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
Titan dampening u can't adjust it yrself. it involved hardware change n not at a turn of a knob...... the great difference between GAB n titan is the after sales service...... u ask ppl who used GAB n got problem with the stuff then u'll know how terrible is it to get yr problem sort out. u try to ask Titan users about the after sales service, i think nobody will complain and there's only thumbs up for uncle richard. Suspension is the most complicated part of the car apart from the engine cos it is constantly moving n face with so many harshness of the malaysian road. it is very prone to develop problem. somemore Titan use the inverted monotube system similiar to those of bilstein and different frm most absorber u'll find out there.
Thanks for the information!..how much does it cost full sets for wira 1.6? and where is it located?

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
just come back from his shop yesterday. richard help me to solve the wierd sound problem. By putting a top made from teflon . Seriously good ppl. haha....now so happy with my ride.

titan suspension located at ampang, pandan area.

I didnt bring the name card now

cskean

Feb 21, 2005
er, what exactly is a top made teflon? some part for your suspension? care to describe?

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
its a piece of rubber(actually is teflon la, the material) that they insert between the spring and the mounting. So it will be very smooth, and eliminates the sound when u turn the steering wheel. Most of the ppl here who try hard spring will experience some noise coming from the suspension. and they will use things like rubber pipe or other things to absorb the sound.

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
something like that...hehee...

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
manually...
you will see it with your own eyes....how is manually done...it's like 20 years technology hehe....but don't laugh...it's more accurate than using computer alignment now days...=D i respect them:adore:
i recalled back last 10 years ago...that time i was been introducing one chinese guy named Sunny...we called him 'Abg Sunny'...his charactor like 'giler² sikit'...very² expert on car suspension...i also 2 times upgrade my suspension with him...

year 1997 he was at Petronas Fuel Station Kg Pandan (tyre service centre), then he moved to Pandan Jaya then a few years later he moved to Pandan Indah...his workshop named 'Roadway' something like that...

have a big tyre shop centre but not having the computerised alighment machine...many luxury cars like Benz, BMW, Jaguar have doing the manual alighment at his shop....

but around year 2003 if i'm not mistaken, his shop was closed...then i was lost contact with him..

i was so wonder if 'Abg Sunny' and Uncle Richard was the same person...:hmmmm:

Last edited:

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
i dun think so lah...this richard working with this for quite a long time already

xteiner

Known Member
Oct 3, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i recalled back last 10 years ago...that time i was been introducing one chinese guy named Sunny...we called him 'Abg Sunny'...his charactor like 'giler² sikit'...very² expert on car suspension...i also 2 times upgrade my suspension with him...

year 1997 he was at Petronas Fuel Station Kg Pandan (tyre service centre), then he moved to Pandan Jaya then a few years later he moved to Pandan Indah...his workshop named 'Roadway' something like that...

have a big tyre shop centre but not having the computerised alighment machine...many luxury cars like Benz, BMW, Jaguar have doing the manual alighment at his shop....

but around year 2003 if i'm not mistaken, his shop was closed...then i was lost contact with him..

i was so wonder if 'Abg Sunny' and Uncle Richard was the same person...:hmmmm:
nope....it's a different person...but i do hope you can find abg sunny back

dj_gti

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
how much for a brand new titan ahhh ???
high low soft hard ??
rm3k ??

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
errr.....what car ah??? if proton cars, i think in this tread already got some pricing leh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

By KL Auto Salon: KL AUTO SALON™ was initiated in August 2005 with first meetings held casually at the Coffee Bean in KL Plaza and was attended by a group of car crazy enthusiasts.

So many things were discussed on the proposed KL AUTO SALON™ and an exchange of ideas to be Malaysia's number one automotive lifestyle event. Although the event did not take off sooner, efforts to make it happen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience