TiTan High-Low Adjustable Suspension. Need change spring to adjust?

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Do i need to change the spring to adjust the front high low so called adjustable suspension ?

Its on a Kenari with a 2.8kg spring (on pervious owner) and now put into my kenari it was too low til it hit my fender and bumper was gliding thru bump.

so i went back to titan and ask them to make the front higher, titan boss mr.richard say have to put in a spacer in the spring and adjust it higher.... he say that is the most fastest and cheapest way. (but not safe lar, i think!)

another way , he say was to change the spring to longer one ... and it gonna cost me money.... i agreed to change the sprind due to safety reason...and then out of the blue, his staff bring out a 4kg spring and install on my car. i ask the staff if the spring would be too hard for a small car like kenari , he say will be abit hard.

then i went and ask the boss again, he say okie one... and nothing much he say to convience me. as he seem busy building a new set for a kembara that came in that day.

so end of the day, a 4kg installed and it was bumpy like riding a horse........... sad as it is, i am going back there tomorrow (thursday)... what should i do ?

is REALLY adjustable high low need to change spring before can adjust ?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if high/low adjustable coilovers, should be no need to change springs to adjust the height... if not, it wouldnt call as hi/lo adjustable... changing springs is done if u want stiffer/softer springs... nothing to do with height..

correct me if wrong....

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Well, it is a performance suspension after all, so less comfort than stock.

Why not maintain the 2.8kg spring n use a spacer as recommended earlier? No worries, it is quite safe. No chance of spacer coming loose or simply break.

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
just back from titan. good job from richard. straight away i call him yesterday about my problem. and i ask him change to softer spring. then straight away he agree. so early earlllyy mornign i was there already waiting for them to open .

straight talk to richard about the problem. he say my bodykit too low, that why put hardder spring for me coz if put softer spring when bumpy the bodykit will hit the road and break. so i understand his intention . he was finally free today to talk more so i asked him more details... so he asked me if i wanted performance or comfort. then he say if want comfort surely need softer spring and higher abs...

so change softer spring (2.9kg he said) ... but didnt adjust height coz just perfect already.... then my rear change back to original spring (not cut or mod) half finger higher only , just perfect....

so thanks to richard.. he say he will tune it til his customer are satisfy...

jack_736

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005
heyz guyz... noon here n need help
m drivin Wira SE.... wanna change to sport springs...
but i scared once i lower adi, the ride will be lowered too much.....
is there a way wher i can maintain stock height??
is it really true that spacer is dangerous?
thx guys

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys...im having this problem...the doors warning light..is ON even when all the doors properly shut...
only the warning indicator light OFF when i startted the engine....it comes back to normal...
problem occured when engine is off...shut all the doors...ON the alarm...the warning indicator light still ON....

what seems to be the problem...is it the wiring problem...already tested all the doors point button...push it several times and monitor at the warning indicator lights near the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience