Tire Price list Zth

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
pirelli dragon sport 215/45 17 380 promo per piece..end 2016...i reckon can get 350 if buy 4..

is that tyre good? i read at paul tan , performance 5% better compare with ps3 re003

but that dragon has 400 tw rating and the sidewall harder than my ps3

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To me, the dragon is mid category of Pirelli tyres. P zero top category, Cinturato lower category

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
pirelli dragon sport 215/45 17 380 promo per piece..end 2016...i reckon can get 350 if buy 4..

is that tyre good? i read at paul tan , performance 5% better compare with ps3 re003

but that dragon has 400 tw rating and the sidewall harder than my ps3
Dragon is better than PS3?? It's actually only made for certain Asian countries, just like Continental MC series for MY, and certainly below P Zero which is the direct competitor to Michelin PS series. There's 1 guy in the lowyat forum who had tried it and said it's pretty good but I'm not entirely convinced. Maybe if compared to older PS3 then can be a bit better. However that price is certainly rather expensive too, almost reaching PS4 and I'm pretty sure PS4 will beat this Dragon coz PS4 already able to beat the higher P Zero too. 400 TW should last pretty long and normally indicates tire in the entry level to UHP, like the Dunlop DZ102. What is the wet traction rating, A or AA? Normally top line UHP has AA even though that doesn't guarantee it's really good in the wet.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
To me, the dragon is mid category of Pirelli tyres. P zero top category, Cinturato lower category

can continue aim for GY F1A3.. :burnout:

Dragon is better than PS3?? It's actually only made for certain Asian countries, just like Continental MC series for MY, and certainly below P Zero which is the direct competitor to Michelin PS series. There's 1 guy in the lowyat forum who had tried it and said it's pretty good but I'm not entirely convinced. Maybe if compared to older PS3 then can be a bit better. However that price is certainly rather expensive too, almost reaching PS4 and I'm pretty sure PS4 will beat this Dragon coz PS4 already able to beat the higher P Zero too. 400 TW should last pretty long and normally indicates tire in the entry level to UHP, like the Dunlop DZ102. What is the wet traction rating, A or AA? Normally top line UHP has AA even though that doesn't guarantee it's really good in the wet.
traction rating AA. the name dragon sport so ricer. Had to google to check whether its genuine pirelli product :rofl:

pricing wise quite high maybe due to its location..only 2 tyre shop in housing area.

i read these article from Paul Tan on the tyre:

"...During the development process, the engineering team put alternative Pirelli tyre models and its competitors tyres to the test. The results showed that braking and dry handling performance was up by 5%, while wet handling performance showed improved performance by up to 10%.

Its competitors include the Michelin Pilot Sport 3, Bridgestone Potenza RE003 and the like. The Dragon Sport tyre is manufactured at Pirelli’s Yanzhou plant in China. Pirelli expects to expand the product offering in the next few months...."

so i thought its the same tier as ps3/re003 + with the wide groove/channel on it, looks promising except for that 400 TW rating, abit high for performance tyre..?:hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

can continue aim for GY F1A3.. :burnout:

traction rating AA. the name dragon sport so ricer. Had to google to check whether its genuine pirelli product :rofl:

pricing wise quite high maybe due to its location..only 2 tyre shop in housing area.

i read these article from Paul Tan on the tyre:

"...During the development process, the engineering team put alternative Pirelli tyre models and its competitors tyres to the test. The results showed that braking and dry handling performance was up by 5%, while wet handling performance showed improved performance by up to 10%.

Its competitors include the Michelin Pilot Sport 3, Bridgestone Potenza RE003 and the like. The Dragon Sport tyre is manufactured at Pirelli’s Yanzhou plant in China. Pirelli expects to expand the product offering in the next few months...."

so i thought its the same tier as ps3/re003 + with the wide groove/channel on it, looks promising except for that 400 TW rating, abit high for performance tyre..?:hmmmm:
The Dragon name is not new. Years ago there was a Pirelli Dragon model also. Now is Dragon Sports.....lol

Anyway, I was right to say it is mid category. Here is a write up from Pirelli Australia...

#Product
Noticing there was gap in the market between entry level and performance oriented P-Zero tyres, Pirelli took on the challenge to meet demand of brand sensitive mid-range car owners. This approach is designed to offer and engineer a sporty alternative to the P-Zero product range. Besides having those characteristics of a sport performance and aggressive design, Pirelli ensures to deliver a tyre that ticks all the categories for its customers in terms of safety, comfort and fashion.

#Features & Benefits
During the development process Pirelli demonstrated a 5 per cent increase in braking and dry handling performance, while there is a 10 per cent improvement during wet conditions vs its predecessor P1 Cinturato. The tyre features transversal grooves to optimise braking performance, along with four broader grooves for water dispersion and a distinctive external shoulder rib. To complete the design, square footprint is encased to increase the amount of contact on the road, further enhancing the performance of the tyre.
All in one the Dragon sport is designed with light weight feature, low rolling resistance and focus on sports driving without a trade-off for comfort.

But here say better than their own lower end Cinturato model only.....lol:biggrin:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The Dragon name is not new. Years ago there was a Pirelli Dragon model also. Now is Dragon Sports.....lol

Anyway, I was right to say it is mid category. Here is a write up from Pirelli Australia...

#Product
Noticing there was gap in the market between entry level and performance oriented P-Zero tyres, Pirelli took on the challenge to meet demand of brand sensitive mid-range car owners. This approach is designed to offer and engineer a sporty alternative to the P-Zero product range. Besides having those characteristics of a sport performance and aggressive design, Pirelli ensures to deliver a tyre that ticks all the categories for its customers in terms of safety, comfort and fashion.

#Features & Benefits
During the development process Pirelli demonstrated a 5 per cent increase in braking and dry handling performance, while there is a 10 per cent improvement during wet conditions vs its predecessor P1 Cinturato. The tyre features transversal grooves to optimise braking performance, along with four broader grooves for water dispersion and a distinctive external shoulder rib. To complete the design, square footprint is encased to increase the amount of contact on the road, further enhancing the performance of the tyre.
All in one the Dragon sport is designed with light weight feature, low rolling resistance and focus on sports driving without a trade-off for comfort.

But here say better than their own lower end Cinturato model only.....lol:biggrin:
thanks for the heads up

5 / 10% is not much gain i suppose..

no wonder sounds fishy when seller really promote this brand and bash my ps3/GYFA3...just keep quiet and play along :rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dunlop I like Sport Maxx and Star specs only, Direzza, if not mistaken Made in Indonesia.....lol:driver:
Direzza is their UHP entry level tire. Made in Indonesia is no issue, just like RE003. I had used GY, BS, and Dunlop made in Indonesia before for 3-4+ years each until they're totally finished yet they performed as expected without any issue and able to withstand the harshness of Jakarta roads which is way worse than any roads In Malaysia! I'd certainly pick this Dunlop over any of those unproven new brands from Thailand, China, Vietnam or whatever. Dunlop as a tire brand is at least a 1st tier brand.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Direzza is their UHP entry level tire. Made in Indonesia is no issue, just like RE003. I had used GY, BS, and Dunlop made in Indonesia before for 3-4+ years each until they're totally finished yet they performed as expected without any issue and able to withstand the harshness of Jakarta roads which is way worse than any roads In Malaysia! I'd certainly pick this Dunlop over any of those unproven new brands from Thailand, China, Vietnam or whatever. Dunlop as a tire brand is at least a 1st tier brand.
I am a tyre tester mah! If not then won't know whether they are good or not. Like Blue Streak Stilletto, now under Goodyear. That tyre was horrible in the wet. However the Land Golden were not bad. They screech a little in hard corner but still holds. Of course my GYF1A3 doesn't screech but they are 2.5 times the price......lol:biggrin:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I am a tyre tester mah! If not then won't know whether they are good or not. Like Blue Streak Stilletto, now under Goodyear. That tyre was horrible in the wet. However the Land Golden were not bad. They screech a little in hard corner but still holds. Of course my GYF1A3 doesn't screech but they are 2.5 times the price......lol:biggrin:
whats the current price for gyf1a3? and where is your go to tyre price/reference price? mytayar seems abit high...mudah the price abit off..:smokin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
whats the current price for gyf1a3? and where is your go to tyre price/reference price? mytayar seems abit high...mudah the price abit off..:smokin:
Lately have not check GY prices. For tyres I don't stick to one place. Ask around a few places. That is also because different shops sells at different prices for different brands.....lol:biggrin:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Lately have not check GY prices. For tyres I don't stick to one place. Ask around a few places. That is also because different shops sells at different prices for different brands.....lol:biggrin:
exceed 400 per donut or not?:smokin:

its easier to buy uhp tyre than my wife car tyre...so many choices for vios tyre size, endup go for hankook ventus v2 because cheap..180 per donut :smokin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any sifu here know is that possible to install turbo to my 4G91 engine?..How much hp can go?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience