Tire Price list Zth

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
tried 2nd set half cut, tyre did lock..without it, lock abit later...so if it rains/wet road i'll drive below 100...and no tailgating if theres right lane quite a few cars ahead...diff story for lane hogger.:biggrin:

its for my wife car,so mid range should be fine.. hahaha...ecopia ep300 or v2 concept 2 better?

yea...hahaha...but gyfa3 above 400...out of budget unless i got promoted..hahaha..ps3 will do :driver:
I'm of the opinion to always buy the best tire one can afford. Therefore if you can afford better performance tires, say the V12 Evo2 (which is still relatively cheap), why settle for the lower V2 Concept 2? Think about it, even if your wife does not drive fast, but there might be some instances whereby she needs to drive in heavy rain, or do emergency braking or accident avoidance maneuvering. So in those cases, would you rather equip her with the better performance/grip tires or just settle with those low end cheaper ones?? Remember also that your wife probably would not be as skillful as you, so in those situations shouldn't you equip her with even better than or at least similar with what you actually use yourself?? Choose wisely bro!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Listening to the soundtrack of Titanic.

You slow, I slow.
You brake, I brake.
You stop.
I overtake and try to put as much distance as I can from non-ABS car. :biggrin:
In the wet you can do that, but actually in the dry I find non ABS brakes better.....lol:biggrin:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I'm of the opinion to always buy the best tire one can afford. Therefore if you can afford better performance tires, say the V12 Evo2 (which is still relatively cheap), why settle for the lower V2 Concept 2? Think about it, even if your wife does not drive fast, but there might be some instances whereby she needs to drive in heavy rain, or do emergency braking or accident avoidance maneuvering. So in those cases, would you rather equip her with the better performance/grip tires or just settle with those low end cheaper ones?? Remember also that your wife probably would not be as skillful as you, so in those situations shouldn't you equip her with even better than or at least similar with what you actually use yourself?? Choose wisely bro!
duly noted.

Currently fitted with v2 concept 2. this was the best tyre i could find promptly at small tyre shop last time. previously using ecopia 200, this tyre abit silent than the current one. Most probably next tyre will focus on comfort/silent, not sure if there is any for 15"donut

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
duly noted.

Currently fitted with v2 concept 2. this was the best tyre i could find promptly at small tyre shop last time. previously using ecopia 200, this tyre abit silent than the current one. Most probably next tyre will focus on comfort/silent, not sure if there is any for 15"donut
Can refer to this latest test in the US. The V12 Evo 2 came out as the most silent with very respectable performance even beating F1A3 and it's available in 15' too.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2017-Car-and-Driver-UHP-Tyre-Test.htm

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Best tyre for wet roads: Continental ExtremeContact Sport

I have them on now and approve this, I was very surprised how much grip it has on the wet and how confident it is taking turns.
Oh this is new tire, so you just bought them? How much, where, and what sizes?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Can refer to this latest test in the US. The V12 Evo 2 came out as the most silent with very respectable performance even beating F1A3 and it's available in 15' too.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2017-Car-and-Driver-UHP-Tyre-Test.htm
looks promising and fit the criteria...hahaha..v12 evo2 really has it all ya..gonna survey the price later..

Best tyre for wet roads: Continental ExtremeContact Sport

I have them on now and approve this, I was very surprised how much grip it has on the wet and how confident it is taking turns.
so confuse with continental..similar name on all range..hahaha :confused:

rode once on subie with pzero...damn it grips...same tier with extremecontact?

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Shit, yea I just looked it up hahaha.

Well yes, very, plus my coilover feels like driving on rails tho hahaha
Me I cannot stand too thin tires like that. Old guy like me needs some comfort so I'm willing to sacrifice some handling/grip for a bit more comfort. :biggrin: Even my 245/40 now already feels just a tad harsh already even though still acceptable, but I would not go thinner anymore than this (sidewall height 9.8cm which is below my normal borderline limit of 10cm). Next change I might change to 235/45 + 265/40 (about 10.6cm sidewall) if possible, or at least maybe 225/45 + 255/40 (10.2 cm sidewall). Before this I use 17' rims with 11cm sidewall height (225/50 + 245/45) and it's just nice and comfy enough while still providing me decent handling.

looks promising and fit the criteria...hahaha..v12 evo2 really has it all ya..gonna survey the price later..

so confuse with continental..similar name on all range..hahaha :confused:

rode once on subie with pzero...damn it grips...same tier with extremecontact?
Well it doesn't have it all, it still has some weaknesses particularly in the wet based on those reviews but considering the price and what it was compared against, then it seems a very good value for money.

Continental actually use similar naming convention for their tires BUT the confusing part is that sometimes the names do not really reflect the relative performance of the tires. For example Max Contact 5, you'd think should be the Max performance category rivaling those like Michelin PSS but it's actually just a mid range tire below Sport Contact series, only comparable to Michelin Primacy! Then the Ultra Contact might misled as if it's UHP class but it's actually just comfort tire, only 1 level above their lowest Comfort Contact series. Then their max performance category is the Sport Contact series. Now this Extreme Contact should be Max category as well, maybe same with CSC6 but for sizes below 19'.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Me I cannot stand too thin tires like that. Old guy like me needs some comfort so I'm willing to sacrifice some handling/grip for a bit more comfort. :biggrin: Even my 245/40 now already feels just a tad harsh already even though still acceptable, but I would not go thinner anymore than this (sidewall height 9.8cm which is below my normal borderline limit of 10cm). Next change I might change to 235/45 + 265/40 (about 10.6cm sidewall) if possible, or at least maybe 225/45 + 255/40 (10.2 cm sidewall). Before this I use 17' rims with 11cm sidewall height (225/50 + 245/45) and it's just nice and comfy enough while still providing me decent handling.
I know right, I am hating the ride quality. Pretty jarring tbh considering my house is going thru some pretty heavy construction work to make way for the new duke, that’s why I’ve been complaining on the other thread. :rofl: But when the road is smooth, raining or not, it grips so well in corners. Though I still get occasional “DSC flashing” in the rain when I need power ahahaha.

Some might feel the tyre is too much for everyday use but if safety comes first, nothing is ever too much.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I know right, I am hating the ride quality. Pretty jarring tbh considering my house is going thru some pretty heavy construction work to make way for the new duke, that’s why I’ve been complaining on the other thread. :rofl: But when the road is smooth, raining or not, it grips so well in corners. Though I still get occasional “DSC flashing” in the rain when I need power ahahaha.

Some might feel the tyre is too much for everyday use but if safety comes first, nothing is ever too much.
Note though such firm thin profile might actually be more dangerous in the wet and on unsmooth surfaces. In the wet, coz it's too firm, it's less compliant to absorb and grip and therefore might skid sooner. In unsmooth surfaces, it also might have more tendency to skip and hop instead of absorbing and gripping, hence also might skid sooner. Such thin profile tires only works very well if on very smooth surfaces (which is not guaranteed on public roads) and maybe on modern cars with sophisticated active suspension technology.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Note though such firm thin profile might actually be more dangerous in the wet and on unsmooth surfaces. In the wet, coz it's too firm, it's less compliant to absorb and grip and therefore might skid sooner. In unsmooth surfaces, it also might have more tendency to skip and hop instead of absorbing and gripping, hence also might skid sooner. Such thin profile tires only works very well if on very smooth surfaces (which is not guaranteed on public roads) and maybe on modern cars with sophisticated active suspension technology.
This is a good article comparing different profile tires on the same car. Conclusion is, going too big/thin profile actually is not always the best.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/The-differences-between-17-18-and-19-inch-tyres.htm
Noted on that, thanks for the useful info will read them at home later. :driver:

I just checked again, its actually 275/35/18 my bad!