Thoughts on possible old vehicle scrapping policy?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Agreed. Better implement it first on commercial vehicles first instead of private vehicles. Most drivers will still care for their own private vehicles but as for company owned vehicles, I think not many will care since it is not their own vehicle. I doubt the boss will give much care to check the vehicles either.
company/business related, its all down to operating cost vs profit gain...

DAMN RIGHT!

And they should enforce those safety tyre gadget rings that prevent loss of control in the event of a blowout. It's in the market for so long and no one thought of making these massive machines safer on the road and only saying scrapping old cars? Dumbass ministers.
even if they enforce it, JPJ/puspakom is soo easy to 'buy' ...i'll be sceptical on this

if read any current articles, one of the point to reduce dengue case. :stupid: No logic.
Agree if the car never move and rusted to ground, go ahead n scrap.
U dont need to be smart to minister i suppose. Dont think they provide a statistic/solid case to implement something.:rofl:

You dont see GST ad now in TV dont you :smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
if read any current articles, one of the point to reduce dengue case. :stupid: No logic.
Agree if the car never move and rusted to ground, go ahead n scrap.
Apparently mosquito larvae is breeding inside radiator, radiator overflow tank and wiper fluid tank of old cars. Yeap, not even the heat from a running engine can kill them off. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

True. Cost saving but at the expense of safety as usual. Now, when stuff like the Seremban accident happens, I wonder what the company that owns and operates that lorry will say about this.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

even if they enforce it, JPJ/puspakom is soo easy to 'buy' ...i'll be sceptical on this
That is the thing, if company scrap and get new vehicles, operating cost up, other prices of things will go up also...

Yalor, agree. Do know whether in order or not, or did check or not......lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is the thing, if company scrap and get new vehicles, operating cost up, other prices of things will go up also...
Bad for everyone at the end. Some business owners may even take advantage of this situation despite not really affected to raise price by giving the same reason.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bad for everyone at the end. Some business owners may even take advantage of this situation despite not really affected to raise price by giving the same reason.
Yup, that is what they call taking the opportunity.....lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, that is what they call taking the opportunity.....lol:rofl:
World of business: You use me, I use you. :rofl:

Looking at our society, anything that can affect transportation cost will likely cause an increase in goods and service price and eventually they will come back to us consumers. :banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This gov is like knee jerk reaction, coz got heavy accidents then suddenly think about this! Like mentioned before, they need to fix the trucks and buses first, make sure they are in good working condition. Accidents caused by those trucks and buses but then want to apply for cars also, just dumb knee jerk reaction!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Does anyone have the link to the latest hoo -ha about scrapping old cars? I only saw some write ups on facebook.
I just read about it at paultan website.

This gov is like knee jerk reaction, coz got heavy accidents then suddenly think about this! Like mentioned before, they need to fix the trucks and buses first, make sure they are in good working condition. Accidents caused by those trucks and buses but then want to apply for cars also, just dumb knee jerk reaction!
Reminds me of the car registration plate incident few years ago. The one about regulating the size and type of font used for plates. After some time, seems like everything died down as usual. In fact, I've even seen people promoting plates with glowing lights font. I don't think that is even legal at all.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Reminds me of the car registration plate incident few years ago. The one about regulating the size and type of font used for plates. After some time, seems like everything died down as usual. In fact, I've even seen people promoting plates with glowing lights font. I don't think that is even legal at all.
That lights license plate is already everywhere in Jakarta since the last 2 years or so! :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not to mention the black box and speed beacon thing, all disappeared already.....:stupid:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That lights license plate is already everywhere in Jakarta since the last 2 years or so! :biggrin:
Looks like Malaysians are slower than Indonesian this time.

Well, after so many opinions over here, I think I don't have to worry too much on this scrapping old car policy for now. :biggrin:

Not to mention the black box and speed beacon thing, all disappeared already.....:stupid:
What is this story about? I can't recall or is it very long ago?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Looks like Malaysians are slower than Indonesian this time.

Well, after so many opinions over here, I think I don't have to worry too much on this scrapping old car policy for now. :biggrin:

What is this story about? I can't recall or is it very long ago?
Black box suppose to record the vehicle data...
https://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/02/125709/black-boxes-commercial-vehicles-need-buy

The other one was suppose to be a flashing beacon on top of the vehicle, and will flash when over speed limit, but cannot find anything on it...:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Black box suppose to record the vehicle data...
https://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/02/125709/black-boxes-commercial-vehicles-need-buy

The other one was suppose to be a flashing beacon on top of the vehicle, and will flash when over speed limit, but cannot find anything on it...:smokin:
A good for nothing equipment. If such a thing can be implemented into the masses, there will be some parties out there who will start a business to tamper with the data according to what the owner wants. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there someone who can tel me the specification,s
of the mivec engine and the GTI engine

i have heurt the mivec engine can make 9000 U/min
And some one else told the mivec can make 7500 U/min
And the 1.8 GTI they have told me 7500
and a nother told me 6500

whits are tru ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience