Polish Windscreen is that possible ?

ZeNeGeR

500 RPM
May 1, 2004
Visit site
Guys,

Just wandering where i can do polishing front windscreen ? mine got alot of scracthes not clear. What i m thinking is that would that be possible to scrab away 1mm from my windscreen. Beside brake the windscreen and claim insurance ?

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
yes it is possible to polish ur windscreen to remove the scratches..my windscreen oso has a lot of scratches..but havent polished yet...wat i heard is they use some kinda chemical to remove a thin layer of the glass...then it will be like new...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Just use your normal cut polish. This will remove marks. After that wipe with old newspaper. Make sure you was off the polish first then wipe.

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
yah normal cut and polish will do the job or use Autosol... can remove all kinda rain stains... did that to mine and it work wonders... give it a try la before smashing your windscreen...

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
wildboar said:
yes it is possible to polish ur windscreen to remove the scratches..my windscreen oso has a lot of scratches..but havent polished yet...wat i heard is they use some kinda chemical to remove a thin layer of the glass...then it will be like new...

can? when my car got stolen that time those people use some stuff, scratched the car number on the mirrors...can the chemical clear those as well?
where did you do it?

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
S1997 said:
can? when my car got stolen that time those people use some stuff, scratched the car number on the mirrors...can the chemical clear those as well?
where did you do it?
eh?? when ur car got stolen ar??

i havent done it yet..oni polished to remove the stains but not scrathces..but theres a shop which can remove scratches as well..i think the place is in perak lane or sumwhere there..need to go ask again..

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
S1997 said:
where did you do it?
Wah...... can grind away the sandblasting wan ah?

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
wildboar said:
eh?? when ur car got stolen ar??

i havent done it yet..oni polished to remove the stains but not scrathces..but theres a shop which can remove scratches as well..i think the place is in perak lane or sumwhere there..need to go ask again..

got stolen sometime last year lar..before i met you...beginnng of last year i think..got stolen for 6 months...that malay was happily driving then suddenly got caught by police..ahhaha...damn shiok..

happy me..got back my car :)....

perak lane got ah? good good..when i get my road tax then i go find u...then we go together... :)

ZeNeGeR

500 RPM
May 1, 2004
Visit site
i used before a chemical bough from acc shop. Damn strong the liquid if kena ur hand will turn red and itcy. But is damn good to clean rain Stain damn clear after use it...

So wer can scrab my windscreen

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
S1997 said:
perak lane got ah? good good..when i get my road tax then i go find u...then we go together... :)
went to the shop last sat...they said cant do anything abt it..actually can but they dun recommend..cos in the day will look vr nice n clear..but at night the visibility will b vr poor...guess i'll hafto stick wif my scratchy windscreen...sigh...

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
so i suppose windscreens r ok?

for my case i need to smoothen both back windscreens...so i think it should be alright since im not looking out thru those windows.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
wildboar,
Since you've going to have to stick to scratched up windwscreens, maybe you could try applying some rain-X. It won't clear the scratches but it'll help disperse water effectively during rain or when water hits your windscreen.

Apply it with a polish machine. Then wipe it off with hand or use another clean polish machine cloth and polish it off with the machine. I can tell you from my personal experience that it works better than hand polish anytime, even if you apply 2 layers with hand polish.

KeonG

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2004
K.L ®
Visit site
wildboar said:
if use this kind of chemical to remove a thin layer of the glass, i scare later the windscreen not balance ler.. coz we cant just polish the windscreen in 100% BALANCE ma.. right?