The Best N Diffrent About Toyota Engine

levindash

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
Wanna change the enjin..wat the difren,good n bad ST,SC,BT,levin N the turbo (starlet)??Also the price la dis day..and the SEG enjin ok ke to put in LE??

Please help n give some guide to me...ohh tunjuk ajar ku sifu..:confused_smile:

ae76

Known Member
Jun 4, 2006
levindash said:
Wanna change the enjin..wat the difren,good n bad ST,SC,BT,levin N the turbo (starlet)??Also the price la dis day..and the SEG enjin ok ke to put in LE??

Please help n give some guide to me...ohh tunjuk ajar ku sifu..:confused_smile:
Bro...
it all depend on your use and need....
Good FC?? Cheap??
Good Power......or others......

levindash

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
just wanna compare la..dats all...need opinion from everyone...

cheers mate!!

Duen

Known Member
Aug 11, 2005
selangor
depend on your budget n your need..if just want to be economic n for daily use to work place get the 16v non tvis...i use for 3year..not problm at all n fuel cnsmptn is low..jimat beb...rm10 for 85-90km with normal speed(90-100km/h).ifneed more power go to sc or bt lor..

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
whether u want forced induction or na oso should be considered....
SC really can feel the torque....ST so so only....the rest never tried before...:D

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
bro duen.. RM 10 for 85KM woh... u sure or not ... average is 0.11 per km ... hihi...

but anyways...

u need power then sc or turbo lo
u need good fc is 4age16V or 4afe manual lo
u need power but not power crazy then go for BT or SVT lo...
if got budget then BT , else SVT lo...

but all depend on ur budget ... how much u planning to invest to ur LE ..

thanks with no offense...

levindash

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
tight on the budjet right now but ok la...last time some 1 offer seg engine...ok ke?around 700 plus dashbord and everything

levindash

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
20vturbo said:
i hate the kecek kecek kecek kecek kecek sound of 20v....like diesel and annoying..
then u should change ur nick la...16vtubo...hahahha:X-:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I'm kinda new in this field but here are my 2cents:
Since you're already going to swap engine, might as well go for Levin or Trueno engine lah. Provided if you've got the budget... If budget too tight, then look for ori SEG engine loh, provided its in good cond.

Here's how the engines/h-cuts rank in price for NA:
4AGE 16V (non-TVIS) RM1.5K-RM2K
4AGE 20V Silvertop RM2.5K - RM3K
4AGE 20V Blacktop RM3K - RM4K

Also, remember that you need another RM1K for workmanship, wear&tear parts and other expenses, no matter what engine/h-cut. If the engine/h-cut is in bad cond and needs minor overhaul, be prepared for another RM500-700 for that.

So if you have RM3K max, the 4AGE 16V non-TVIS is the way to go. If you have RM3.5K to RM4K, then 20V SVT or 20V BT, provided if you can find a cheap and good condition h/cut. A few guys have been telling me that 16V is better and lasts longer than 20V BT. Some guys even have proper tuned 16V that can rundown a 20V BT anytime. Some said 20V SVT is more stronger than 20V BT, which is why some tuners choose 20V SVT for heavy modding.

Remember, I'm not a pro here but those are my 2cents. Btw, the prices are based from Ipoh chopshop pricings. You may be able to get cheaper h/cuts from KL, but gotta transport it back to Ipoh leh... ~Cheers!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The GT channel dubs and subtitles an older video of an RB engine and Skyline engine. The video features its racing heritage and legacy since the late 60's. Keiichi Tsuchiya grew up admiring the Skyline's since his early spectator days in the Fuji Speedway Circuit. Also, there's this homemade R32 mesh with R34 made by a Skyline enthusiast, in hopes of entering the D1 Drift series. Check out his...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience