Test Drive for the 2007 new Mitsu Lancer!!

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
1.leslie
2.Lancer7891
3.ChrisKhaw
4.Johnny
5.Insaniac7.5
6. ah kit
7. terence
8. ah wai
9. ah choong
10. Benardyeo
11. B18C-R

Benard, PM leslie your no so he can tell you the meet-up point. We are going there together in a mini-convoy. : )

alxand

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
kl
now where to park ur guys evo... haha... such a big day sure got problem parking...
test drive also issue... so many ppl... haha
but please treat the new baby nice, she still not yet run-in... haha, erm probably can provide a list with real name not glamour??? hehe i bet the IC not this names right??? haha so tat easier for me to do documentation for test drive

ywhoo19

Known Member
Mar 6, 2007
Leslie san,

If im off then i will be there....:)

1.leslie
2.Lancer7891
3.ChrisKhaw
4.Johnny
5.Insaniac7.5
6. ah kit
7. terence
8. ah wai
9. ah choong
10. Benardyeo
11. B18C-R
12. ywhoo19

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
alxand,
we will pass you a list once we arrive there and also we need to register at the counter also mah... so you will definately get our ic no's..hehehehe.. dont want to post our personal details in here..c ya tomorow!!!

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
saw a black one in cameron highlands on saturday with the mitsu badge stick kao kao with tape.haha.trying to hide indentity?:rofl: :rofl:

alxand

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
kl
c u guys tomolo... as u guy prefer cars, not food, so dun think too much on food ah, haha... those who wanna buy n be early bird, bring cheque book...

alxand

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
kl
thanks guys for crowding the place this noon, sorry if i couldn't attend to u guys all... but i hope u all tested it, probably this weekend u guys come again to test lar if can't make it today... weekday not all can snake out, haha... again, thanks man...

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
Yo bro Alxand....

Thanks for the great day & food for today...Also have a great experience riding on the new born baby....very enjoy & so sad that cound'nt buy this car..No $$$ hehehehehe...

By the way..will support you from back..

alxand

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
kl
yeah... no money no problem, got moral support also can, just intro more to me, then we grow MLOC...
damn wish u guys was there for longer time, one scooby doo came in n sai meng at our new virgin red lancer... poor baby in showroom,

alxand

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
kl
then also need a family chart with pic n nick, dunno who's who, hahaha but u all know me... later i willknow u guys...
the black one is no more wirgin, smoked already... brake pad smell already haha... damn was hoping a good price for the test unit, but now u all tekan him kao kao... i also pening... a test unit or a new unit... think think think...

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
Hehehehe...

my advise is for the test unit one bro..It been tested, shift up & down, corner taking ...etc...etc.... & passed for all the MLOCian sifu's driver..Hehehehehehe...

Good work bro...

alxand

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
kl
wah lau... yeah QC checked by MLOC...

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
Personal review on the test drive of the new lancer 07'.

First, we would like to thank alxand for inviting us for the test drive.
My first impresion when i saw the car, "sweet !!!"...
the body curves and the new shape of the whole car is deffinaltely a car thats yet to be talked about in town. interior is another thing which rules out all the previous lancers with the full leather panels from seat to all the door panels.. comfortable? seating on the driver side while driving i would rate 8/10 in a comparison of other cars makes of the same category. On the other hand sitting on the rear seats would be rated as 5/10. The rear trunk compartment space is not too bad ...the depth is pretty much the same as the glx but the height is slightly lower and the entrance is smaller. The good thing is the rear seats can be layed down for long items (if you guys like to go ikea a lot and shop)..hehe.. another good thing about the rear trunk is a arm that holds the rear trunk cover is no longer bended in like our lancers and evos.. so you can now utilise your left and right space for more items..
leg room for rear passengers is much better due to they shorten a bit of the cussion a little. size wise a bit tighter for 3 person at the rear.
ok.. lets get to driving..
engine at startup seems a bit quiet..(or maybe the guys behind me noisy)lolz
at "D"(drive). my first impresion when i stepped on the throttle was the car is a bit heavy on the launch. a bit lazy on the startup. it's like draging yourself to the toilet at 6am morning to brush up teeth after sleeping at 3am. but bare in mind that there was 4 people in the car.. after the car runs on 2nd gear going on three.. you then can feel a much better response on the throttle and the ride is much better.
the gear change is absolutey fantastic. you can't feel a thing when the gear changes.. very smooth and playing with the paddle shift is certainly pure fun.. suspension is a bit soft but suprisingly on a hard turn road holding is not bad. maybe is because of the 18inch rims and the new tyres. we then tried hard braking at speed 50kmh till stall.. proves that the car's 4 disc brake system is good enough for city driving and it does stop when and where you want it to. not sure at high speed.. (did'nt get a chance to get it on the highway)... driving it was fun and once it's on the roll.. the car is very smooth.. a bit noisy on the engine though while the revs is up to 6k.
I think the car would perform much better on a lower set of rims. 18" is a little big for the car's capasity although it does look damm good on it!. 17" rims will suit the car better.. overall the car is an absoluty fun car to drive and for the price of rm115,xxx OTR i think its a very good buy!!

This review is from a normal daily driver
Cheers!

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is the machine that you are driving? Lets have a topic about
  • What car do you drive

• Stories of your car

• What do you like and dislike about it

If it is possible, do post some photos of your car (please censor the plate number for security reasons) if you are okay with it.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience