Tech : DA Integra Owners : Hybrid Suspension System to EG/DC

Jan 6, 2008
Ive been looking for this answer as well..kinda hard to find adjustable for da..
so j101 how can we swap the eg/dc to da?

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
if you plan to use the eg knuckle system like what the ef models has done i think its good to go since you have better options in buying coilovers.

at this point of time, u can get/order the brand new tein super street coilovers for the ef at n1 racing which cost rm3xxx brand new. the cheaper alternative, brand new, would be from titan coilovers since they can cater to your soft/hard likings. last quoted without personal adjustments were rm2800.

either the hybrid system or the brand new coilovers for ef, its your call.

Ive been looking for this answer as well..kinda hard to find adjustable for da..
so j101 how can we swap the eg/dc to da?

Jan 6, 2008
if you plan to use the eg knuckle system like what the ef models has done i think its good to go since you have better options in buying coilovers.

at this point of time, u can get/order the brand new tein super street coilovers for the ef at n1 racing which cost rm3xxx brand new. the cheaper alternative, brand new, would be from titan coilovers since they can cater to your soft/hard likings. last quoted without personal adjustments were rm2800.

either the hybrid system or the brand new coilovers for ef, its your call.
so basically what you r saying is that EF spec strut module is identical in term of damper body height, spring pan and mounting to what DA is, isnt? so can install EF's adjustable damper/coilovers into DA rite?

quoting ur saying ; another option is to go for hybrid which uses EG's knuckle and EG's damper/coilover isnt? just to personally understands this hybrid concept more clearly, EG's and DA's bottom mounting is not the same thus of the replacing of the knuckle?this just the FR side or both FR & RR?

In terms of the outcome, do you know whether by replacing those knuckle will result in bad bump steer or is it marginally according to the original DA's bump steer? I just worry if this would tire my tyres on the inside and needs me to adjust the tie rod end and correct the bump steer which would easily cost me another hundredss for the kit..ur kind comments i hugely needed J101:)

by the way lightning speed, looks like ur oversteering on straightline..kinda cool can teach ah?

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
so basically what you r saying is that EF spec strut module is identical in term of damper body height, spring pan and mounting to what DA is, isnt? so can install EF's adjustable damper/coilovers into DA rite?
back in the olden days, you would probably have hard/soft adjustment on your shocks and if you are lucky, you have a short stroke option which is hard but slightly low with a just-nice fender gap. nowadays you have coilover system to help your sort out both options, soft/hard and hi/low, brilliant isnt it?

quoting ur saying ; another option is to go for hybrid which uses EG's knuckle and EG's damper/coilover isnt? just to personally understands this hybrid concept more clearly, EG's and DA's bottom mounting is not the same thus of the replacing of the knuckle?this just the FR side or both FR & RR?
complete knuckle systems, both front and back, inclusive of the shocks system. god knows if someone would have done it since the popularity of DAs nowadays are diminishing in sight.

In terms of the outcome, do you know whether by replacing those knuckle will result in bad bump steer or is it marginally according to the original DA's bump steer? I just worry if this would tire my tyres on the inside and needs me to adjust the tie rod end and correct the bump steer which would easily cost me another hundredss for the kit..ur kind comments i hugely needed J101:)
like i said, i have yet to see real-life DA6 results and prolly snap some pix for better judgement also a test drive if possible. in the meantime, myself and lightningfield would probably suggest you going the normal conventional way which is to get a brand new, risk free, with warranty, coilovers commonly for EF8/EF9 available in the local market. the good thing about TITAN, its local, you can request for spring rates adjustment and hard/soft revolving to suit your personal likings and driving setup.

ps. if you plan to have a brand new aftermarket japanese coilovers just for the exceptional of DA6 only, ask N1 Racing when is the next TEIN Japan engineer visit, so they can measure according to your DA6 height, weight, length and etc. By then, the price will steep higher but definitely a "Tein Super Street For DA6 Integra" on the shelves in the future. no harm doing the right thing, just the extra cost if you dont mind for a sentimental 20-year old car.

Last edited:

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
wow impressed that we have more DA owners here.....i think this question is alwis being asked....i too do not know the answer and have not tried....i used EF shocks and springs used back DA one ...

next i wanna try the EG one...i asked the chop shop (Mun Lee) and they sed no problem to fit....the knuckle u guys talking abts is also know as the fork?

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
sharaf

as what j101 mentioned, get brand new shocks where it can be customised to your ride preference. Tein/Titan/HWL etc. u wont regret. believe me. i have been in few EFs and EG/EK with Titan shocks and i can say im impressed. as for myself my car is running on Tein HR Hi-Low for the time being. i will move on to purchase brand new shocks sooner or later, since getting pristine EF adjustables are getting harder nowadays.

or if youre free enough, roam around the chop shops. u'll never know what they might have for your car.

im not so well versed with the hybdrids for DA, but changing to the whole EG knuckle set sounds realistic to me. perhaps someone can step up and show their rides with EG/DC suspensions.

p/s: my car setup is meant for oversteering.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
the EG hybrid system conversion would at least give DA owners the opportunity to use newer coilovers. but then again, lets wait for some real results if any.

integramania, its good if you can check out the terminology beforehand like spindles/knuckles assembly, axles, center hubs and lower arm. they can get you mixed up. there are a lot of diagrams online for the front and back system.

wow impressed that we have more DA owners here.....i think this question is alwis being asked....i too do not know the answer and have not tried....i used EF shocks and springs used back DA one ...

next i wanna try the EG one...i asked the chop shop (Mun Lee) and they sed no problem to fit....the knuckle u guys talking abts is also know as the fork?