TAS: Mugen Fit, GT500, MINE'S

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

So here we are bring you three of the most important exhibitors at the recently concluded Tokyo Auto Salon: Mugen with their Supercharged Honda Fit, a 500+hp MINE'S Creation, and the track only SUPER GT contender, the GT500.

HONDA FIT MUGEN

There are two things we wont get in this country, one is a Honda Fit because it is called the Jazz here and it looks about seven times less aggressive than what you see here and two, we wont get a Mugen tuned Honda Fit, boasting a supercharger. Quite depressing ain’t it? Well I quit griping about it a long time ago, because we always get the detuned, boring back of the class units and the ones that do show up from the top of the class, come at a price, a very hefty price, a mid to high six figures hefty price.

The Mugen Fit rides on 17-inch aluminum wheels with disc brakes at all four corners that feature larger braking surfaces for more stopping power. The cool part about the wheel department in this car is that they come equipped with the Intelligent Tire Condition Monitoring System or I-TCMS that keeps track of tire pressures and temperature.

The Mugen Fit is not an all show and no go car as some of you might be tempted to believe. Called the F154SC, its supercharged 1.5-liter L15A engine is claimed to be set up to churn out more than 147 horsepower at 6,600 rpm and produces 135 lb-ft of torque at3,800 rpm. Sufficient enough to help this FIT bully some V-Tech’s, and maybe even some smaller turbocharged cars.

It’s stunning in a way only a compact car can pull off, with a vented hood and a body kit with aggressively flared wheel arches it looks intimidating and looks like its up to a 147 horsepower job. A carbon-fiber spoiler coming off the roof seems to play its role in keeping the car planted while its dual exhausts which are neatly integrated into the rear valance add to the purposeful look. Interior changes include the steering wheel, shift knobs, pedals, seats, and the addition of a boost gauge.

NISSAN GTR GT500

Among the start attractions at this years Super GT series as well as the recently concluded Tokyo Auto Saloon (TAS), the GT500. It has been 5 years since the GT-R last raced in the Super GT, a gap that was filled by the Z until now.

As if its not a monster already, the GT500 features further weight reductions which led to it tipping the scale at very useful 1100kg. As expected, the cars center of gravity has been lowered and with weight reduction optimized in all the right directions, the handling and dynamics are said to have been significantly improved.

Besides weight reduction, aerodynamics have been improved as well as power output and efficiency. Up from the standard 450hp, the GT500 will see 493 horsepower with a maximum torque of about 376 lb-ft.

Nissan will also run racing schools prior to all March Cup races so entrants can improve their skills and truly understand the capabilities of the GT500.

MINE'S Booth

Mine’s tuning does not need an introduction, tuning freaks are well acquainted with their capabilities. The R35 featured here is among the first GTRs in the world to be taken apart by a tuning house, sporting at the least, free-flowing intakes, wheels and a few aero pieces, including front splitters and wings.

Besides that, it has come to be known that MINE’S will begin selling its VX-ROM that can eliminate the top-speed limiter and tweak the ECU depending on fuel octane. According to MINE’S, a GTR fitted with its VX Pro Titan II exhaust and VX-ROM, was dynoed and was found to produce 530hp at the flywheel. MINE’S will allow owners to send in their ECU to be fitted with the VX-ROM at a cost of 126,000 yen (around US$1,150), and yes, they can supply the VX-ROM worldwide.

The vehicles displayed at the Mine’s booth were fitted with the following modifications:

- Mine’s Big Brake Rotor Kit and Mine’s Ceramic Brake Pads
- Mine’s Front and Rear Stabilisers
- Mine’s Full Spec Suspension III (Sachs dampers, Eibach springs)
- Mine’s Aero Mirror II (prototype shown on the display car - production units will be available in carbon)
- Mine’s Silence-VX Pro Titan II Exhaust (full titanium exhaust)
- Mine’s VX Rom ECU Update
- Mine’s Super Catalyzer II
- Mine’s VX Air Filter
- Mine’s Super Outlet Pro II
- Mine’s Stub Roof Antenna

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
thanks for all the pics... real pleasure....cant wait for the Super Gt

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
nice coverage. Looks like Nissan will replace Fairlady with GTR in all major race.

SpEeDaDdicT

Known Member
Jun 14, 2007
The GTR R35 is still stunning....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

I am planning for the following Yokohama tyres for my 2 cars, one using 195.55.15 and another is 180.60.14

After some research online and offline, found that Advan Neova AD07 only have size for my 195.55.15 while AVS ES100 have sizes of both.

Also known that the UTQG for AD07 is 180 AA A and ES100 is 280 AA A. If I am going to take AD07 for the 15" and ES 100 for the 14", would this be my good choices?

Need your experiences on both tyres model in terms of dry, wet, treadwear...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience