Mugen CR-Z clears its throat w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Right off the factory floor, the Honda CR-Z could be labeled quite a decent hot hatch. It might not be leaving rubber strips on the apexes of corners like its Civic Type-R sibling but it has received some promising reviews from the motoring press.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

However, if you’re the type that thinks horsepower cures everything then Mugen have just the medicine for you. The Mugen CR-Z is being shaped up to be 200hp hatch with 50kg removed from its factory weight, translating to a much improved power-to-weight ratio. The power in that equation comes from a supercharger. Furthermore, improvements are also being made to the brakes, wheels and tyres for a better drive. Can’t go wrong there can you?

To keep it looking as fast it will hopefully go, a body kit is in place that includes a new front bumper, rocker panels, rear wing and a carbon fiber hood. The interior sees a pair of Recaro seats and some additional gauges.

The best bit as you’ll hear in the video, is the sound it now makes. No surprise that extensive exhaust piping work to free up some horses were made. Though not the most inspiring of sounds, it does have a nice but not-too-deep burble on idle that gets progressively louder as it climbs up the tachometer.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E_2QQbsTm5I" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
i also think the same... it's like.. dejavu...

hehehhe.. nvm.. double the fun...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
And I thought it is the same one re-featured... haha...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello there,

I need the advice of the sifus out there. I recently did my balance, alignment and chamber. I left my car at the shop because i was busy but it told the worker to set a chamber of -1degree for all 4 tyres. So i did not see the readings of the machine. My problem now is my car is tracking badly to the left even at low speeds of 50kmh. I went back to the shop only for the worker to say that the reason the left straying because malaysian roads a slunted to the left and thus a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience