Mugen CR-Z in the flesh

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Up to this point, all we’ve had to go on are renderings and speculated details regarding the spiced up version of Honda’s CR-Z, the Mugen CR-Z. Even though deep inside our hearts we hopes it would be all that and so much more, the fact that no actual shot of the car was to be found made it a little hard to swallow.

Now though all that has changed as the first official pictures of the force-fed CR-Z have surfaced as it prepares to be unveiled at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in July.

Although performance figures haven’t been set in stone yet, Mugen have indicated that the output from the supercharged 1.5-liter coupled with the electric engine would hover around the 197hp and 245Nm of torque range.

Furthermore, the chassis would have undergone a strict diet to lose about 50kg, further tilting the power-to-weight ratio in our favour. Putting all those figures into perspective, the weight and power should make it just slightly slower than the Civic Type-R, a good performance indicator by any means.

At this point though, the car in the pictures has been labeled a concept but with all that has been said, expect a production version to enter a limited run, although we can’t really say how much will carry over from this concept to that.

Source: Honda

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Saw the CR-Z when I was in Bangkok during Songkran. A local friend of mine brought me around to his friends auto import yard. Spotted a CR-Z and also the Peaugeot RCZ just to name a few. Did not get a chance to go down and inspect it closer though. The customs duty for those cars were not settled yet.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hope they quickly come out with a production and please use turbo la...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need help here,want to find PROMAR MBL8.its an engine oil additive.recommended by mitsubishi new zealand to help cure the noisy tappet of4g64.please contact me if u know or sell this product...thank you:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience