Tailgaters: Eat Dirt

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So I was sailing down to Klang on the weekend for some awesome breakfast, and on Federal Highway, traffic was moderately heavy. I was on the fast lane and there's traffic so I just keep the usual distance while maintaining highway speed. There were 5 to 6 cars in front doing about 100km/h.

Then comes this brand new black Proton Inspira WX* **** came tailgating me.

Its a black car... its a new car... It would suck to have dings and dents right? So I went as close as I can to the guard rail on the right side to kick up all the debris on the side of the road. In a span of 7 seconds he backed off. I continued and he fall back further behind. Then he decided to overtake on the left lane.

I seriously wonder what these dick heads hope to achieve by tail gating someone when there's traffic holding up in front and cars on the middle and left lane. Should I slow down, go to the middle lane and let you through? Why should I? I pay road tax too.

Feel free to kick debris up on tailgating dick heads, I now name this manoeuvre the IXEO. So next time people tail gate you for no reason, IXEO them. Word of caution, as debris accumulate on the side of the road, there's a risk of puncturing your tyres cause there may be nails and screws there.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good move, but of course got to take the chance of puncture tyres. However from PJ to Subang the right lane towards the center have quite deep trench.....

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Relax bro. I understand your feeling. There is always have these kind of people in the road. Yes, I do agreed with you that "why I need to give a way to you to overtake me when the traffic is not smooth and there is a car in front of me". But to me, when I'm in this situation, he or she is really near my car, i will just go to the middle lane. I don't want to have any unhappy and unnecessary incident happen to me and my car. :biggrin:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Agreed. I've encountered a few myself, one was a Civic FD beaming away at me while there was traffic in front of me on the right lane. I went to the left, let her past (yes, it was a woman, proving dickheads come from both genders) then got back behind her ass. Of course, I returned the courtesy and beamed her back, continuously before overtaking her back once traffic cleared....:thefinger:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ixeo and pwhyze : do you guys have dark tints making it impossible to see in front of you? Personally I find it hard to see in front of cars that have :

1. Dark tints
2. Ridiculous amounts of toys in the back
3. Sun visor is up
4. 1,000,000 different stickers all over the windscreen

If you guys fit in any of these 4 categories you guys suck! :biggrin: Cannot see in front mah, how I know got traffic infront? Sommore you so slow.

But if you guys don't fit in any of the 4 categories, ok la. I'm the jackass.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

(disclaimer - I'm an uncle driver. I don't tailgate)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My tint is 100% JPJ/Puspakom legit, my boat is rather small and you CAN see in front of me unless the person is blind, in which case they shouldn't be driving.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
how about person who cruising 80 km/h on right lane at Karak highway? he refused to change to left lane even i"ve high beam, give right signal and tailgate him as well. tons of car are queuing behind me also! but he become mad when i overtake him on left lane at sharp corner. i also honked him once to make him aware that he was too slow to be on right lane. then he start to chase me up to my constant speed of 140-150km/h and tailgating me even i've change to left lane. he think he was a sultan or what? don't want to give way to others then get mad when people overtake him not in proper way. luckily i'm driving with my spouse and parent along. if not... don't know what would happen. :stupid::mad:

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i get this very frequently when driving back on the nse from Melaka to Johor on Sundays. For those who drive that hiway on sundays between 4pm to 11pm after the Machap toll all the way to Skudai toll, u'll know how heavy the traffic can be and both lanes will be full. normally the fast lane will be at max 110kmh with cars running with 1-2car distance between each other. then there will always be idiots like what ixeo just described. tailgating and flashing. I'll normally just go left n come out after the douche passes n smile behind him as he still cant get any further than 1 car ahead. nowadays i'll just stay on the left lane n cruise along at whatever speeds the left lane is running. I'm not in a rush n whatever petrol saved goes back into my pocket and i always hope to see a tailgater slam into the back of a bus or trailer beside me. i would stop, clap, take a foto of the douche and his car n post it up here for all to enjoy.

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
I learned new thing today..kick up debris from the side of the road...but risking of kena nails and screws.

I would prefer to ON my windscreen washer and shoot all the water to the tailgater behind so that he will have to on his wiper too..this sure annoy him/her if it was a sunny day or he/she just wash the car.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah this tailgating thing has been a hot topic as well in the lowyat forum! IMHO tailgating has no excuse! Unfortunately it seems this is one very bad habit of the Malaysian driving attitude, prefer to tailgate rather than give signal if want to ask for a way thru. Strange behavior I must say.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ixeo and pwhyze : do you guys have dark tints making it impossible to see in front of you? Personally I find it hard to see in front of cars that have :

1. Dark tints
2. Ridiculous amounts of toys in the back
3. Sun visor is up
4. 1,000,000 different stickers all over the windscreen

If you guys fit in any of these 4 categories you guys suck! :biggrin: Cannot see in front mah, how I know got traffic infront? Sommore you so slow.

But if you guys don't fit in any of the 4 categories, ok la. I'm the jackass.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

(disclaimer - I'm an uncle driver. I don't tailgate)
Haha...I can safely say I have none of the things described.....jackass...:biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
nice :top:

next time any1 tailgate me.. i'll IXEO them

:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I do this a lot to tail gaters...running wide tires is a plus point if want to kick up debris...running 245 at the back....the dust and peddles it kicks up....huhu..like raining...

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Usually defensive driving style is my kind of thing, especially i'm driving a new car now. Irresponsible drivers are everywhere and they can be driving your average joe type of ride or those bmw or whatever... :dontknow: I found that it is better to able to read the movement of those funny drivers and move out to a safer position (it's like giving yourself some buffer area). No point arguing/fighting/negotiating whenever accidents happen. It'll be a long-term waste of time, money and energy coupled with frustration JUST for that super-short-term emotional satisfaction. :shakehands:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all fellow ZTH-ians, i need some feedbacks here if anyone has ever used micro compressor's in their cars because im thinking of getting one soon. hope you all will help me.

as stated in the website,
“Micro Compressor” is a performance part that able to help your car to have better power, better mileage and longer engine life. Yet, “Micro Compressor” will not give any negative effect to your car engine.

and here's the link to the product...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience