Swapping rear bonnet + wiper with stock bonnet

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is getting his 2005 DC5 in a week or so. his car is spec-c complete with rear wiper, foldable side mirrors etc. since he couldn't get the spec-a (no rear wiper etc) as he requested, he wishes to swap his rear bonnet with anyone that has stock bonnet. no need to pay anything for the bonnet except for the swap costs. anyone interested please PM me so I can hook you up with my friend. u can arrange a deal with him straightaway. by the way his car is nighthawk black pearl B92P.

Cheers!

tengboonhoe32

Known Member
Jul 30, 2007
Hi Lightningfield,

A spec and C spec, whichone is the top range? Since now i having 1, is having no rear wiper, no spare tire. Just wanna confirm with u?

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
boonhoe,

spec c is the full spec..whereas spec a is the base spec. all of the additional equipments are optional when u buying the car brand new .. but for us recond car owners, we might not get what we wish for..haha. im not so sure abt the spare tyres tho.. it should come with the car! unless...........you're provided with anti-flat tire kit. .

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is getting his 2005 DC5 in a week or so. his car is spec-c complete with rear wiper, foldable side mirrors etc. since he couldn't get the spec-a (no rear wiper etc) as he requested, he wishes to swap his rear bonnet with anyone that has stock bonnet. no need to pay anything for the bonnet except for the swap costs. anyone interested please PM me so I can hook you up with my friend. u can arrange a deal with him straightaway. by the way his car is nighthawk black pearl B92P.

Cheers!
im just curious..why would he do that? i mean its better to have rear wiper right?

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
im just curious..why would he do that? i mean its better to have rear wiper right?
yes......but as u know type-r should be bare without the necessities to make it, well, lighter. EK9, DC2, FD2R comes without wiper. some people take it to the DIY level by removing the rear wiper on their EK hatch if they couldn't source the original EK9 rear trunk. remove the motor, and cement the hole for the wiper. only DC5 was offered with rear wiper and its attached to the glass. .

MatK

Jul 8, 2009
yes......but as u know type-r should be bare without the necessities to make it, well, lighter. EK9, DC2, FD2R comes without wiper. some people take it to the DIY level by removing the rear wiper on their EK hatch if they couldn't source the original EK9 rear trunk. remove the motor, and cement the hole for the wiper. only DC5 was offered with rear wiper and its attached to the glass. .
tn. presiden, your fren's case is similar to mine but many many years ago... this chap wanted to get himself an evo4, so he opted for the basic model, with manual window, no rear wiper & less comfy backseats. Konon nyer it would make the car go faster. Paid good 170k++ for it but at the end, coz with the manual window, leceh lak nak bayar tol & masuk parking. And without the rear wiper, sometimes masa hujan lebat, tak nampak belakang. I drove a Putra before, and mmg betul it was quite dangerous sometimes during heavy rain. Kekadang, steam would cloud the screen. Yang buat panas that time, even kancil pon ada rear wiper...
Well, back to my fren's car, it was definitely faster than a full-specd evo4 but kalau dash 0-400 pon, maybe 0.05s faster ajer..... Tak berbaloi with all the inconvenience... Cheers...
p/s: dtg klcc, gimme a buzz

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
This is a reverse case of the people who buys JDM bodypart to upgrade their cars! e.g. Wira looking for lancer rear mirror with Wiper. My car is the basic model, without Flodable side mirrors and Rear wiper and this part im not sure..... are Integra DC5 comes with a push start button? I have mine, but its an aftermarket model. Was in the car when i bought it.

But my car is white laa Lightningfield.... .. If black can swap.....:biggrin:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
This is a reverse case of the people who buys JDM bodypart to upgrade their cars! e.g. Wira looking for lancer rear mirror with Wiper. My car is the basic model, without Flodable side mirrors and Rear wiper and this part im not sure..... are Integra DC5 comes with a push start button? I have mine, but its an aftermarket model. Was in the car when i bought it.

But my car is white laa Lightningfield.... .. If black can swap.....:biggrin:
certain model of DC5 comes with push start button. like mine.

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
Last edited:

tengboonhoe32

Known Member
Jul 30, 2007
Hi Lightningfield,

Thank you very much for your advice. My recon DC5 came with anti puncture kits too. But it seem not good to tires, therefore i also requested the recon seller to get me spare tire as well. so now i having both options. And i opted my car with new push start button original from hong kong, Super GT Ltd.. Sent to my fren shop, install it neatly. Therefore i think whether it is Spec C or Spec A, i also not sure about it. As long as i'm great riding on it....

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
Guys & lightningfield, sorry this kind of off topic, but I bumped to a statement in another forum in ZTH mentioning that Carbon Fiber bodyparts are illegal & during a JPJ roadblock, they will charge the vehicle which has Carbon Fiber bodyparts as it is an offence. How true is that?

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
Excerpt from the Peraturan Ubahsuai Kenderaan JPJ..

Jika pengubahsuaian dan pemasangan alat kelengkapan tambahan boleh mengakibatkan perubahan besar kepada rupa bentuk, ukuran, kestabilan dan keselamatan serta ciri-ciri asal kenderaan motor tersebut, kebenaran bertulis hendaklah diperolehi terlebih dahulu dari pihak JPJ.

Contohnya:-

1.Pengubahsuaian ke atas rangka dan rangkaiannya atau rangka monocoque sebuah kenderaan bermotor.
2.Pengubahan ke atas bentuk atau ciri-ciri asal kenderaan.
3.Pengubahan dari kereta saloon kepada kereta convertible.
4.Pengubahan ke atas sistem bahanapi.
5.Pengubahan ke atas sistem brek.
6.Pengubahan ke atas sistem steering.
7.Pengubahan ke atas bes roda kenderaan.
8.Penggunaan badan fibreglass bagi menggantikan badan keluli.
9.Penukaran enjin.
10.Pemasangan Sunroof di atas bumbung

Untuk pengubahsuaian di atas atau yang sama dengannya, permohonan hendaklah dikemukakan kepada:-

Pengarah,
Bahagian Kawalselia Teknik,
Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan,
Aras 2, Blok D4, Parcel D,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
62620 Putrajaya

Perkara-perkara yang perlu disertakan bersama permohonan, antaranya ialah:-

1.Pelan lukisan yang lengkap yang menunjukkan dengan terperinci tentang ubahsuaian yang dibuat termasuk ukurannya dan langkah-langkah yang diikuti.

Spesifikasi teknikal berkaitan dengan pengubahan.

2.Di mana perlu sijil atau surat pengesahan daripada Jurutera Profesional (Kejuruteraan Jentera/Automobil) yang menyatakan dan mengesahkan bahawa rekabentuk dan pengubahsuaian yang akan dilakukan ke atas kenderaan adalah stabil dan selamat digunakan.

3.Butir-butir berkaitan dengan kenderaan yang hendak diubahsuai.
Sebarang pengubahsuaian yang boleh menjejaskan kestabilan kenderaan atau yang akan menyebabkan kenderaan merbahaya apabila digunakan di jalanraya tidak akan dibenarkan.

its not illegal. u just have to go thru a lot of bullshit to get it approved (or more towards rejection).

Last edited:

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
lightningfield's fren is a jdm freak...will do anything for pure JDM...no pain no jdm...

as for JPJ...alamak cmon la...how long u guys play car...wat is legal n illegal...it is illegal to have black tinted windows but is it legal to do the test during nite/dawn/sunset?

u know i know la...

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
ekzos besar confirm kena tahan boss. 5zigen 304 confirm lepas ahahahahahaha

ahhhh crap! didnt know about the tint testing procedure. the test on my previous car was done under the shades in puspakom not on open area! had to peel off the tint otherwise the inspection will fail. kasihan the new owner kena buat new tint...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus out there,

Recently I just got HWL hi-low soft-hard for my car (about 8 hours ago to be exact :) ), but the problem that keep bothering me all night long is about height adjustment for this thing. Since I wanted to set the car little high, the taukeh used to compress the coil spring to archive that, and for what I understand, height adjustment for this type of absorber is only to adjusting the body shift housing (cylinder body housing) and not to compress the spring. It will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience