Front 262mm to the rear??

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

Need to ask, I've just upgraded my front brakes to EK9's larger 282mm rotor+caliper from my stock 262mm. Since my rears are still 240mm rotors, can I use my now surplus 262mm to be fitted to the rear instead?

I would assume I would need custom brackets? Any indication on price and where I can get it done? Anything else I need to keep in mind?

Hope you can help! Thanks in advance.

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Hi, I dun think u can fit it unless U upgrade together with calipers. Cause front sure ventilate disc but rear usually solid disc. Diameter to clear caliper diff.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

One more thing to remind. If ur rear lebih makan compare to ur front then ur car can buang anytime during braking!

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the reply..I mean my old 262mmrotor+caliper, I want to fit into the rear...one set, caliper and rotor.

Since front is already bigger caliper+282mm rotor, so brake balance should be ok.

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Sorry bro..I still don't get what you are saying??:bawling:
Sorry, my mistake. I miz looked. If a set can but still come to second problem... Ur braking power will be too strong for rear! Sure drift! Cause the piston design for front make big pressure compress.. Maybe will cause ur master uneven pressure... Don't :shot: if wrong.

Not really advice!

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Haha..now I get it..thanks2....

I do wonder whether the balance would be affected though, since 98+spec DC2Rs came with 282mm fronts and 262mm rear. Master cylinder should be the same between 96 spec and 98 spec so maybe no big problem? I'm just guessing though.

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Bro, Front ventilate disc rear solid disc only. Cannot fit unless U find bigger diameter solid disc then diff story. Tat's y U dun confuse again

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
So the rears must be solid disc? Cannot ventilated?

So I need to fit my 262front caliper + rear solid disc instead?

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
....... Bro, take off ur wheel at rear then U know wat I mean...

*How u slot in ventilated disc when rear caliper to hold the disc only can hold solid disc diameter? Either u can't install brake pads (if able to slot in the front disc) or totally brake jam(totally no gap/space) but mostly even u try slot in but the gap totally not enough to put in the center on ur current rear caliper...

the 2nd opt u mentioned back to the square question...

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
can use if:

-transfer whole unit with caliper
-custom bracket to hold the caliper
-check the disc center hub if fit the rear hub.. (because front hub hole bigger due to drive shaft...rear no driveshaft)

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
....... Bro, take off ur wheel at rear then U know wat I mean...

*How u slot in ventilated disc when rear caliper to hold the disc only can hold solid disc diameter? Either u can't install brake pads (if able to slot in the front disc) or totally brake jam(totally no gap/space) but mostly even u try slot in but the gap totally not enough to put in the center on ur current rear caliper...

the 2nd opt u mentioned back to the square question...
Maybe you misunderstood? I mean the whole front set, caliper and disc, install to the rear.

can use if:

-transfer whole unit with caliper
-custom bracket to hold the caliper
-check the disc center hub if fit the rear hub.. (because front hub hole bigger due to drive shaft...rear no driveshaft)
How about handbrake? I was told I won't have the handbrake if I do this mod, is it true?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Maybe you misunderstood? I mean the whole front set, caliper and disc, install to the rear.

How about handbrake? I was told I won't have the handbrake if I do this mod, is it true?

sadly yes...

BUT there's a quickie solution to that....get the hydraulic handbrake kit...like those drifter use...

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well, that seems more trouble than I initially thought. Not a cost saving mod then...

Thanks for help though! Much appreciated.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
get the rear disc of the EK9 as well and get that fitted...

then sell ur ur front 262mm and ur current rear brakes to regain as much as possible the cost of the ek9 rears

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the advise. Might be the best route to take

Just for info, what's the difference between my front 262mm and ek9's rear 262mm? Piston area? Totally different design I would assumed since the rears are solid discs, therefore thinner.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, does anyone have information about changing geran?
Yesterday I went to post office to renew my roadtax, but because of the roadtax renewal space was full (at the back of the geran letter) so the post office guy said I cant renew it in post office, I have to go to jpj to change to new geran letter, my question is what is the process of changing the geran? What should I prepare and how much it will cost me? Does anyone experienced this before?

Really appreciate your help,
Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience