B16A G/Box - Swapping fr Cable to Hydraulic

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
Hi guys,

Need ur help. What is required to swap from a cable operated g/box to a hydraulic type? I m refering to the small v to big v type..... In the 1st place can it b done?

Really appreciate ur input.....

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
to upgrade from a small v cable gearbox to big v hydraulic gearbox is possible. but the mess involved to do this is not neat. lotsa things has to be done on your firewall. if you car is a track car then thats a different story. it'll prolly take less than a week for this conversion and prepare for the misc cost on top of the gearbox price.

SA6YEuro said:
Hi guys,

Need ur help. What is required to swap from a cable operated g/box to a hydraulic type? I m refering to the small v to big v type..... In the 1st place can it b done?

Really appreciate ur input.....

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
xxxx, i believe the hasport price will be more than the g/box itself.

j101, guess as much.... instead of fittin in the hydraulic pump, can i use juz the g/box n still b cable operated?? u reckon its possible?

reason y i m askin if bcoz my synchros r crunching while changing gears at hi revs.... darn it!!

thanks guys...

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
u might want to consider the hasport conversion kit if u plan to retain the cable system and getting the hydraulic gearbox alone. the kit may come with the mounts. do check on them.

SA6YEuro said:
xxxx, i believe the hasport price will be more than the g/box itself.

j101, guess as much.... instead of fittin in the hydraulic pump, can i use juz the g/box n still b cable operated?? u reckon its possible?

reason y i m askin if bcoz my synchros r crunching while changing gears at hi revs.... darn it!!

thanks guys...

greyrex

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Georgetown
www.teamcrx.tk
For the hasport conversion kit,it's roughly around USD200-250 including freight...so it's a one time investment if you plan to use your car for sometime.

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
thanx guys 4 ur input...... i oso seeked other opinions n apparently its doable but need the whole works.....

this J1 (suprisingly very short ratios) g/box is damn prone 2 synchros crunching...... unlike the YS1 (b16a2 rite?)

j101, when u mentioned messy, issit of space constraint or the headache behind it?

honestly, i dun hav much of a choice coz the crunching sound is getting 2 my head n i believe the would b some power loss....

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
the mess would be from the holes that has to be made. the mini mounts on the firewall for the pumps and etc. cable travel thru holes. pump requires a system to be placed from the clutch to the gearbox. just imagine that.

if you are willing to spend and prolly be the first...try hasports.

good luck.

SA6YEuro said:
j101, when u mentioned messy, issit of space constraint or the headache behind it?

honestly, i dun hav much of a choice coz the crunching sound is getting 2 my head n i believe the would b some power loss....

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
I don't know if it could be done on your accord. And i thought the hasport kit was mainly meant for civic.. hmm.. i may be wrong.. need more search..

I have personally seen a cable converted hydralic on a CRX. I don't know how much work the guy went through but it is a strip and bare track car..

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
u can the whole gear box n system, but i dun think u can retain the cable with a hydraulic g/box unless u hav the hasport kit or something like tat.

that's why i suggested hasport kit earlier. haha.

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
chris, I actually called up some guys n most of us has the same prob.... swappin to a hydro type is the best option... long term wise of course.... 2 make matters worst is tt my kinda g/box is gettin harder 2 find.... at least wif the eg 1s i hav more swappin options.....

xxxx, dunno the hasport can fit my car in th 1st place.... its usually for the ef, bb or even the da..... like chris mentioned i m usin a very ol accord ler.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While the weekend was all about Formula One and the inaugural drama-extravaganza Korean GP, we shouldn’t forget that Super GT was also having Round 8 of its race calendar at the Motegi Twin Ring Circuit for the Motegi GT 250km race.

Qualifying took place under fair skies that were perfect for racing, much better conditions than the Formula One...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience