suspension ??

simon

Mar 31, 2005
ok mine is a wira 1.5 manual dec 2004 model . Currently im using stock absorbers & apm sports springs in the front & KW sports spring at the back.....im going to change all 4 absorbers soon & i want to know what brand should i go for. My budget is around 1-1.5k , i dont want to do trial & error kind of stuffs with the suspension system so thats why im seeking advise from those who may be satisfied with their ride......so pls advise me...

shd i go for short stroke absorbers as im using sports springs ??

shd i go for standard height absorbers ??

shd i go for adjustable ones ??

my ride is quite bouncy now & not so comfortable....im using the car daily to & fro work & my requirement is i need a comfortable ride . im not keen on hard setting for maximum cornering speed or all those kind of stuffs......i have lowered my car only for the looks......so thank u all for going to advise me soon....

simon

Mar 31, 2005
how come nobody has any idea ?? .....its very funny lah...no one has a wira is it ??? no one is satisfied with his suspension set up is it ??? ....... oh my god....i think i should have asked how to paint my headlights & hundreds of forummers here would have replied........

eyong

Feb 20, 2006
No need to be impatience, Simon. Most of us DO NOT get paid sitting here answering to everyone's questions.

As to your request, if you are not looking for cornering performance but only wanted the lowered looks, just go for a set of slightly lowered, good springs like Eibach. Stay with the standard Kayaba or KYB shocks. They are cheap to replace, and will manage slightly uprated springs.

Save your 1k for a set of cushion instead, hehe.

Cheers, Buddy.

eyong

Feb 20, 2006
Btw, for ride comfort ... Don't even bother thinking about height adjustables ;)

yeap... better off pairing short stroke abs with sport springs... if not, u will wonder why ur abs 'kong' so fast...
if budget allows, get adjustables lorr.... the height can be adjusted... no more heartache or headache seeing high high speed bumps.....

btw, jz to remind u that coilovers are a bit bumpy because it is meant for performance use... if u want comfort, get progressive springs pair with good absobers...

Just wanna know if anyone had done it on Proton, be it 1.3/1.5/1.6/1.8. Kindly share ur experiences in terms of :

1. What components u used
2. Installation experience
3. Tuning, do u use stock ECU or piggyback or programmable ECU
4. How the car behaves? eg Bad idle? High fuel consumption? No pickup? etc etc

Just asking coz I'm looking onto doing it on my 4G1x engine in future. Thanx.