My suspension dilemma

gbsaint

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys and hear my story out.*
Need your opinion. After a bunch of other upgrades i decided it was time to mod my suspension.*

My car is a proton inspira btw.*

Initially 10 months back i started to change the spring to proton R3 springs. It was great, good compromise between comfort and handling. (level was 3 fingers loose back and 2 1/2 finger front)*

After a while my driving improved and started to feel that the suspension could not handle fast corners.*

Thats when i change my absorber to proride sport (yellow). It was good but i was disappointed when it did not give any more drop. But on the upshot handling has been increased.*

Then sebab gatal tangan, decided to change to adjustable (ISC, used 10 months) in view of:
-wanter to drop the car more (3 finger tight rear and 2 finger tight front)*
-better handling and control

After i changed i noticed that although the car felt planted taking high speed corners,the car was damn bouncy, especially at the cyberjaya-putrajaya-puchong highway.*

My question is what should i do next, i already tried changing the springs rate from stock, 8k front and 6k rear to 6k front and 4k progressive rear.*

Any sifu willing to give input.*

Tqvm*

uploadfromtaptalk1427880631456.jpg [https://forum] uploadfromtaptalk1427880588906.jpg

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
U want good handling then comfort definitely will be compromise. You CANT have best of both worlds.
What you should do is decide on what you actually want?

U want handling then forget comfort, U want comfort, forget handling.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Best of both world, look for rcs.

Saring

Known Member
Feb 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys and hear my story out.*
Need your opinion. After a bunch of other upgrades i decided it was time to mod my suspension.*

My car is a proton inspira btw.*

Initially 10 months back i started to change the spring to proton R3 springs. It was great, good compromise between comfort and handling. (level was 3 fingers loose back and 2 1/2 finger front)*

After a while my driving improved and started to feel that the suspension could not handle fast corners.*

Thats when i change my absorber to proride sport (yellow). It was good but i was disappointed when it did not give any more drop. But on the upshot handling has been increased.*

Then sebab gatal tangan, decided to change to adjustable (ISC, used 10 months) in view of:
-wanter to drop the car more (3 finger tight rear and 2 finger tight front)*
-better handling and control

After i changed i noticed that although the car felt planted taking high speed corners,the car was damn bouncy, especially at the cyberjaya-putrajaya-puchong highway.*

My question is what should i do next, i already tried changing the springs rate from stock, 8k front and 6k rear to 6k front and 4k progressive rear.*

Any sifu willing to give input.*

Tqvm*

View attachment 541116 [https://forum] View attachment 541115

STOCK OEM suspension one is the best and comfort handling !

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
You should first get a proper shock absorber rebound rate, it determine how the fast your spring is compressed and released.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Test drive lancer/inspira fitted with f-tuned or RCS.. and see which one you prefer.

it's possible to have good handling with lots of compliancy on the road - it's the valving that matters.
if you do not want high spring rates, tune the handling with thicker anti roll bars.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Best of both world, look for rcs.
Test drive lancer/inspira fitted with f-tuned or RCS.. and see which one you prefer.
To reiterate on what the others have said. Once you go the adjustables route and use stiffer 6K/8K springs, be prepared to sacrifice a significant amount of comfort. The better brands have more pliant absorbers but there's still bumpiness on poorly surfaced roads. Not bone jarring but nevertheless bumpy.

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Tulah gatal tangan sangat :tongue:

If your opt for those custom made suspensions like RCS / Titan, be sure to have extra moolah in hand. Depending on your needs (or wants), it will definitely cost you.

Also, be prepared to visit them often for tuning until you find the 'perfect' setup.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To reiterate on what the others have said. Once you go the adjustables route and use stiffer 6K/8K springs, be prepared to sacrifice a significant amount of comfort. The better brands have more pliant absorbers but there's still bumpiness on poorly surfaced roads. Not bone jarring but nevertheless bumpy.
I had my suspension upgraded, so for comfort just close one eye. Well, I need something to control the VR power........hahhahahhaha:rofl:

gbsaint

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys thanks for all your replies.

The setup i want i a slightly harder setup than my springs and shocks combo but will give a good drop and good performance balance.

I don't mind the suspension is hard, the problem is that it is bouncy on certain roads.

I thought of titan and rcs but both got 2 big cons.

-Titan > the lynspira group did a group buy on titan, but then they all had weird noises from the shocks. Also there are some members complains of bottoming out.

-RCS >> expensive, but that's not the biggest problem, the problem is service is rm350 per piece every 20k/1 year.

There is no way i'm gonna pay rm1.5 k just to service my shocks every year.

I'm thinking that maybe my used adjustable needs some servicing. What do u guys think??

gbsaint

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ya but rcs valving is very specialized.

Nway titan was actually my first aim. Good review (from other car clubs) , most say maintain some comfort with good balance of sporty movement. Pluse service rm100 per piece.

But then when inspira came along got issues.

Damn.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Do you have a big budget? Eibach prokit springs + Koni FSD absorbers. I'm not sure if they may for Lancer/Inspira or not though. Koni is a 2 stage absorber that's pressure dependent. The harder you press it (hard/fast corners) the stiffer it becomes. But when you're just cruising along normal roads it's soft and pleasant. Eibachs usually do a good job of lowering cars.

Alternatively I'd recommend BC Racing / AR Racing coilovers. Bodyshift lets you lower height without compressing springs (I'm not sure if your ISC can do this or not) so it doesn't affect ride quality. HLSH allows you to adjust dampening to suite your driving style and you can DIY it instead of revalving.

OR consider FTuned. Their absorbers are monotubes, their HLSH is adjustable which you can DIY to suite your driving style and at the same time the fellas behind the brand are ex-Proton Lotus R3 engineers who developed the R3 suspension. You can't go wrong with that sort of expertise.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, i need help here. i would like to ask everybody's opinion on converting my audi a4 b5 to any japanese engines. maintenance of my audi is very expensive. drive shaft alone (right side) already costs me rm650. tie rod = rm250. even one of the small water hose cost me rm200. gilaaaa.... if the engine is fast, then ok la. it's so slow. mine is the 1.8 turbo version by the way. so slow yet i am paying so much to maintain the bloody engine.

my previous car was a putra with vr4rs engine. i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience