suspension talk

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
guys just wondering wad suspensions you guys are using? ohlins..teins...hks..? wad would a decent price be for a chop shop item, 2nd hand or brandnew? how to see if the set is a good one and not faulty?
i believe this a rarely talked question but has been bugging me for some time now..

i ever saw one set of ohlins for sale but the tip of the suspensions were rusty... not a good choice rite?

heavenz

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
Ohlins is very nice on the track and its a bit stiff on the road nevertheless is a very nice suspension but it depends on personal prefferences.Buying suspension is a very hard choice and you better negotiate with the seller at least you can try it 1st to see if the suspension is making noise or is the stiffness suitable for you. But if is not a workshop seller you got to pay the labour to install and take them out if you dont like.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
you're right. the ohlins are nice on the track but very stiff on normal days.

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
no one using hks hipermax ii/iii ? D2? wad abt brands like bilstein?

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i use the koni suspension and it was about rm3+++ last 2 years at Hokomoto...my opinoin the suspension quit good coz it it stable, dont have a lot of bouncing movement. but little bit stiff..still managable..
bro, does hokomoto can service Koni suspension?
asking since u have went there n bought koni as well.

i got koni insert/cartridge abs with my h.cut, n planning to change abs.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Just share my past experiences of few suspension:-

-Ohlins, 1 of my fav. Best for track and street use. 11kg/mm F/R.

-Tein circuit master RA/RE are strictly for track use. 16kg/mm F/R.

-GAB. Very hard too. Spring rate at 16F/14R kg/mm.

-BuddyClub, suspensions are very light but limited height adj.

-HKS Hypermax II and Perfomer are comfortable on street. 8kg/mm F/R. Can be stiffed depend your setting. Currently using them.

P/S:Ivan, when do u wanna take the burn-out b/kit? Btw, I wanna keep the head lights. Sorry buddy.

radicaliez

Known Member
Mar 19, 2005
kuala lumpur
www.radical.com.my
bro, does hokomoto can service Koni suspension?
asking since u have went there n bought koni as well.

i got koni insert/cartridge abs with my h.cut, n planning to change abs.
i'm not sure they can service back the abs, but you can certainly call them or more info. pls tell us if it can be service.

cheers mate.

hokomoto- 603-6187 3880

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
RE-amemiya Quantum shocks are 20KG front and rear....

let me give a brief explanation of suspensions....consist of 2 major part that affects the whole experience...

1. Spring - basically a spring is to support the car weight and also to determines how much it will tilt up or down when you're cornering or braking or accelerating... so if you have a soft spring, when you brake your nose of the car will almost touching the floor.. those are called unnecessary nose dive.. when it's too hard.. basically you feel like you're riding a car without suspension. critical selection of spring is important. cars on FD... they are using double wishbone front and multi link rear. in normal circumstances, they are alot heavier springs compared to those dudes that uses macpherson strut (subarus, protons) due to the location of the suspension.
2. the absorbers - the absorbers are the ones that determines how much it will absorb when there are movement channeled from your tyres. it's more difficult to explain in technical.. in lay man term, when you have paired up on a softer absorber, your car will be bouncy... because your springs are the one that doing the work.. not your absorbers. if you have a hard absorber with a soft spring... you will feel hard when you go over pot holes, but it will feel really comfortable on flat roads as the motion is slow.

so... critical is to find the perfect balance of pairing the spring value and also the damping value. stressing your shocks arent a good idea when it comes to reliability... too much on your spring... your handling sucks...

a track suspension aren't suitable for mountain windy roads. while mountain windy roads will give you unnecessary roll on the track.

i'm using HKS Hiper D... suits me well.. but heck.. it's FD... who really cares about comfortable :P... after servicing and revalving those shocks, it feels like ohlins... i consider ohlins quite comfy... same goes to mine.. the only one i really feel hard is the quantums...

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
not to forget... twin tube and monotube differences.... another explanation which i lazy to type ahahahhaha most of the Teins are twin tubes... all HKS are monotubes... ohlins are monotubes... quantum are monotubes...

jc@

Known Member
May 27, 2004
there's a touge version, amemiya special on-sale last time. the rate is like 14kg/mm fr, 16kg/mm rear.

this was like last year. when their amemiya FD become the touge max "monster" beating the 34gtr. ( hotversion)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear guys,

Need some of your feedback although i've read similar threads discussion the same issue.

The issue is my water temp currently shows temp running abit high during cruising, speeding and boosting.

On traffic jams, temp will remain at 90-95c

Cruising on highway, temp will raise up till 100c

Boosting at 0.8 bar will raise up to 110c

Here are the some tech specs of my car

-4EFTE engine

-D&D (4 core aluminium) civic eg radiator

-Removed thermostat

-Toyota...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience