Suspension Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
What is TiTAN custom build performance shock absorber?
TiTAN's are proudly 100% Malaysian designed and built custom build performance shock absorber. Designed as the ultimate custom build shock absorber set for Malaysian roads and drivers! TiTAN's been around for 5 years.
TiTAN is an inverted monotube design, ala WRC/Rally cars style for maximum strength AND durablity for Malaysian roads.

What is a monotube?
a monotube is a single tube where all the damper oil, hi-charge gas and piston is inserted into. Imagine a tube with a sealed end on one end. and a removable cap on the other. (diagram included later) The monotube setup is more precise, better abuse tolerance and more robust compared to twin-tubes (stock Manufacturer spec)

What is an inverted monotube?
it's the upside down version of the monotube, but in this configuration, the barrel (where all the oil and piston is located) is the exposed moving component moving up and down. Any damage to this surface will not be sufficient to cause ANY leakage of the damper oil as the shock rod is protected inside of the body.
WRC cars ONLY use this setup as it offers HUGE reliablity compared to conventional monotubes.
One of the best reasons ppl use inverted monotube for the MacPherson struts setup is because of the better(alot!) strength laterally. Normal struts have thicker rods (for fronts) for strength. Rears are small cause there's no lateral load there.
inverted monotubes are stronger anyday because it's way way bigger in diameter.
- being upside-down, the unsprung mass is less, because the majority of mass is now suspended by the topmounts, which is directly connected to the chassis!
hence, better control over bumps (bound) which is why TiTANs can be comfy over bumpy roads!
- being inverted, the heat from the brakes don't really transfer to the damper simply because it's isolated by the bushes. The only metal-to-metal contact between the body and the barrel is the damper rod, secured to the bottom of the body.
Now, because of the inherent design, your dampers work better because there's no more additional heat source to boil the damper oil!

Is it servicable?
YES ! TiTAN sets can be serviced at anytime, as it's designed to do so. Because we use superior designed seals and over-specced seals and bushes, we're so confident, we give 2 years warranty for normal usage against defects in workmanship and materials, excluding finishes. (ie:paint)
When we service, we change the oil, (synthetic shock absorber oil) seals, bushes and maybe valves all to new ones.

Wow! sounds like an engine overhaul! I hope this doesn't cost as much though.... does it?
not really.
Currently, (as of 1st January 2005) servicing a damper is RM75 per corner. So a car has 4 dampers, RM300 for all 3 la.
Labour is FOC if serviced in TiTAN's factory directly.

What makes TiTAN's so special?
We designed our product such, it has a modular materials design to save costs. But we over-specced the materials kau-kau. Why? Malaysian roads are notoriously horrid, with the occasional pot-hole and bumps on the road to work. And for the price you're paying for a set of shocks, you'd expect the shocks set to last ! (at least for 18-24 months right?)

And after all that, you'd want to service the shocks/dampers and have it perform again like almost new. We're one of the few suspension local companies that can service shocks properly (TiTAN's only) and it only cost you RM300 per service of all 4. This includes the installation, parts, new and fresh damper oil and the neccesary work.

What do you mean custom-build?
Custom built for you! We humans are very complex human beings. We all want different things to satisfy our specifics needs and wants. What Mr. A wants differ from what Mr. B wants. So to accommodate almost any individual, we try to as closely as possible, to tune your TiTAN to suit you!
This means, spring rates, damping rates can be changed to suit the individual!
We have a variety of springs to choose from, and valving tunablity is very high because of the large damper piston we use.

What cars do you build for? Do you build my car?
We can build sets for just about any car that uses the oil-damper setup.
This means cars that are using air-type suspension like the new Mercedes S320 may not be suitable. The Citroens with pneumatic hydraulic system is not suitable as well.
This would mean about 90% of the cars, trucks or even ATVs can be TiTAN-ed!
if you're interested, and not sure if your car can be TiTANed, call us!

CALL -> Stanley 012-211-3039

TiTAN's are great for cars that have difficulty getting parts for their suspension, as we can build and service such as the Mercedes 124 (model just before the big and small headlamps model)

What's the pricing?
Prices are located on this link:
TiTAN's pricelist

We charge according to amount of work and materials needed, not by the brand of the car installed. Hence Mercedes' sets are cheaper than a Proton Satria GTi.
(Mercedes' are separate springs and damper)

Why the price??
Our manufacturing costs are high, simply because of the economies of scale. We're not a mass production facility. We're running a very labour intensive (more precision, better quality control) production line (if you call it that) AND our materials are delibrately over-specced, and only good quality materials are used in TiTAN's construction. Our seals and bushes are equally superior, and all that adds up to it's final retail price.

What's the warranty like?

Limited Warranty
For TiTaN Custom Build Shock Absorbers

I. What this Warranty Covers
Defects in materials and workmanship in the following “products” manufactured, sold or certified by MPd Auto Centre Sdn Bhd, with which this limited warranty is included in/on the package: (1) spring(s) and damper(s) set (2) seals and oil seals (3) bushes and bearings.
II. What the Period of Coverage is
Subject to the following exceptions, 2(two) years from the date of Purchase by the first end user:
Motorsports usage exception. Use in motorsports is not covered as the conditions of during use is unknown and subject to very high stresses, abuses and high use. We do however; guarantee that our product(s) will be free from defect in materials and workmanship until used in competition/race/rally conditions.
• Paint finishing exception. Warranty does not cover mars, scratches, chips and such after use. We do however; strive hard to ensure that our product(s) are protected from the elements.

Ok! i'm convinced! but i'm a workaholic and don't wanna waste my leaves. Do you do pickups?
to a certain extent, yes, i personally can pick your car up from your workplace in the morning and if all goes well, i'll have it back by the time you wanna go home.
I don't cover areas outside the Klang Valley though, and for custom jobs, you may need to arrange with me. Do call me anytime for enquiries.

Last edited:

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
feel free to ask your technical questions here regarding suspension.

B)
cheers!

and those who knows, feel free to answer if you know your stuff! share your knowledge

that means you:
Acoustic
TyreSmoke (certified SENIOR Lotus Ride and Handling Engineer)
adian
chienweing

and others that who lay in the sidelines.. ;)

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
dude stan: now im waiting for my salary and titan-ed my car..if nuthin comes up like repairs and troubles from my car..anyway thanks for all the time and troubles dat i gave u..im the one who u called and xplain about titan..im the one whos looking for abs in the "LOOKING FOR" forum..and shud i make my lower arm first b4 changing my abs?
and how long will it takes to custom made one for me..im planning to get for my front set first wif the cash i have ..the price u quoted me around 1k+ is high-low adjustable wif springs rite?
how about the stiffness? i want those reli reli reli reli hard ride wif the settings for rally..can it be done? ur replies much aprreciated..
TQ

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
GSR5559,

best to fix your car first.

We usually have ready stock for Protons.
We can tune it to your desired settings, but best if you could try out our general settings first as a base and tune from there.
This settings are part of the package you're paying for.

the set includes choice of springs, dampers, spring seat nuts and installation + alignment + tuning.

Cheers!

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
gsr when u want to get the suspension installed , then you buy the lower arm from the spare part shop and then bring it alone when doing the suspension , cause u`ll be taking out the old struts for replacement , so might as well do it 1 shot , if you do your lower arm first , then u have to redo your alignment and you have to pay for labour and alignment , then when doing your suspension , u`ll have to redo your alignment again , double work , its a waste of money . do it togather with the suspension u`ll save ur money . :lol:

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
actually...for satria/wira/etc...u dont need to remove the absorber to change the lower arm. still can be done, BUT...with a little more effort :)

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
yeah..wen i change my lower arm, my mech did not take out my abs, they jus took out my rims den take the lower arm out..dats all..hehe..and they charged me for RM 60 oni for the lower arm and installation..kinda reasonable.cus firstly i thought it was cost a boomb ..
as u know under the car stuff is damn costly..pphheww..i can tell u dat my previous lower arm the bush was separated from the lower arm and sum of the bush koyak ordi..making all the nyek nyek sound..

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
stan...just curious...

say a car with a leaf spring config comes in...and asks for a set of coilovers on all four corners...can u adapt the shocks to the car ah?

i mean change it from leaf springs to coilovers?

and what about trailing arms? can u also fit a coilover? u know like the saga, kancil and volvo 244?

if can how much would it cost and what would need to be done?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by PetrolHeaD@Jul 7 2004, 12:00 AM
stan...just curious...

say a car with a leaf spring config comes in...and asks for a set of coilovers on all four corners...can u adapt the shocks to the car ah?

i mean change it from leaf springs to coilovers?

and what about trailing arms? can u also fit a coilover? u know like the saga, kancil and volvo 244?

if can how much would it cost and what would need to be done?

hi!

usually leaf-springed cars, we'd recommend the customer to get the 4 x 4 brands, which is actually softer than stock!
then we'll fit in a set of matching dampers.

for trailing arms or actually, cars that uses a separate spring and damper,
we generally use back the original configuration.

But for special cases, like the Mercs, we make and fit height adjustables sleeves to the lower arm.

For the most cars with this setup, it's generally not possible to make into a coilover, because of strength of the chassis concerns.

We were actually quite doubtful in Acoustic's case for example. We opt to use the coilover technique as the last straw, and suprisingly it held up well, maybe because his car came from an era where chassis metal panels were thicker as part of over-engineering (because they don't know how much to put in to be strong, so, to be on the safe side, put more(thicker) la.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm a 18 years old student, driving wira aeroback 1.3 ori engine (i think its ori, somtimes) with 1.5 interior 1.6 body (wtf?, its is true, no lies and i hate that alot) original grey.... I'm getting my car into whole metalic / pearl white with blue base, but i want to do some air brush on my bornet with mashimaro picture :biggrin: and some tribal on the side...any senior out there have good advise for me? :smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience