Suprima S

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
When my sis first got the car my bro and I was checking it out and out of nowhere we discuss about the safety feature of the driver side window-anti trap power window.

I know its a common feature this day esp those with auto up function but lets be honest...has anyone ever test it using their own bodypart?

We decided to have ago using our arm and its working so well that we started to stick our neck in. No harm occured so it works.

The things car guys do when they are bored.....

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
When my sis first got the car my bro and I was checking it out and out of nowhere we discuss about the safety feature of the driver side window-anti trap power window.

I know its a common feature this day esp those with auto up function but lets be honest...has anyone ever test it using their own bodypart?

We decided to have ago using our arm and its working so well that we started to stick our neck in. No harm occured so it works.

Never tired that before. But, it is a quite interesting thing to do .. hahaha !!
Will give it a try soon :rofl::rofl::rofl:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah yesterday i talk to my sister because she have this issue previously and she said that the issue is the bush. SC change the bush and it working fine. nothing to do with brake sensor. Hope SS wont have this problem .
Even if you do not currently have this bush issue, I still recommend every owner to familiarise themselves with opening the center console. It's better than being stuck somewhere far from home

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
@STATIC365 since you're a new owner, I suggest looking for OR making your own, aftermarket headlamp wiring harness. This is the cause of the premature headlamp bulb's blowing out

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
@STATIC365 since you're a new owner, I suggest looking for OR making your own, aftermarket headlamp wiring harness. This is the cause of the premature headlamp bulb's blowing out
Thank for the advice but can you explain more on this? How is the aftermarket headlamp wiring harness?

I have no idea, apologize.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

I tested on my nissan x gear too. Then duno how to reset, window like go up, go down in auto. Hahaa.. Then sc guy teach window down/up press longer.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I tested on my nissan x gear too. Then duno how to reset, window like go up, go down in auto. Hahaa.. Then sc guy teach window down/up press longer.
The auto window seems is the same for most cars......lol

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thank for the advice but can you explain more on this? How is the aftermarket headlamp wiring harness?.
From what I hear, the stock headlamp harness is insufficient to handle the current. The 'Fix' is to rewire it with better cables tapping from the fuse box in the engine bay. Kindly note that this is an add-on. The original cable is left in place and used only to trigger the secondary circuit.

Since it's only an add-on, should you need to visit SC for claims, you can easily remove it to avoid possible voiding of warranty

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
From what I hear, the stock headlamp harness is insufficient to handle the current. The 'Fix' is to rewire it with better cables tapping from the fuse box in the engine bay. Kindly note that this is an add-on. The original cable is left in place and used only to trigger the secondary circuit.

Since it's only an add-on, should you need to visit SC for claims, you can easily remove it to avoid possible voiding of warranty
Wah! stock cannot handle, really bad design already.....

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Will Always think Burnt bulbs is bulb fault.....lol
Too many instances to be just the bulb's fault. Since Philips and Osrams also suffer the same premature failure, fault had to lie somewhere else. This leaves you with few possibilities... Current, cable, bulb connector or even heat. An aftermarket harness addressees all these points. The best part is that you don't have to void your warranty from splicing the original attachments.

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR

Wow ! I'm shock haha. Thank for the tips.
Have to check with Suprima group how to prevent this, maybe can add grounding cable ?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yeah Suprima S have few minor issue, sometimes really 气死人. But then indeed it is a good car :laugh:
What are the stock tyres now? I think changing to Michelin PS3 or 4 will improve it by a large margin.

Suprima, the chassis and handling is very well sorted. The CVT is bad. The engine is thirsty. But it's fun when I test drove it. Confidence level very high on its response, even on its stock crap tyres.

I guess you need to be extra vigilant on the car's "patterns" and do preventative maintenance like what bro parakey told you about that stupid bush. If its such a cheap part, I would keep one spare in the car itself with the tools to replace it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifus,

I currently own a charade aura 1.3l 1990 stock. But the engine is abit too underpowered imo. I'm thinking of doing a transplant but i need some help on which engine to fit.

I'm a total noob when it comes cars but i checked out the forums and i'm wondering if anyone has tried fitting a 4agze into a car like mine. Or if its even possible without further modifications? and whats the market price for a half cut 4agze? Thank you sifus! I'm also looking at the 4efte engine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience