Super GT 2008 : Xanavi-Nismo GT-R Leads the Way One More Time!

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

The 2nd round of the Japanese SuperGT was held in Okayama yesterday … and guess who came in first? Yep, the XANAVI NISMO GT-R Team… Driven by the Japanese Motoyama and the French Treluyer, well done guys!

2nd place went to another GT-R, but with the CASLONIC Team, and 3rd place went to the ARTA Team with their Honda NSX…

Round2 Okayama : Race News
XANAVI NISMO GT-R (Motoyama/Treluyer) Starts Season with Consecutive Victories!

The Okayama GT 300km Race, Round 2 of the 2008 AUTOBACS SUPER GT, was held at the Okayama International Circuit (one lap 3.703 km x 82 laps) in Okayama Pref. on April 13 and Satoshi Motoyama and Benoit Treluyer drove the XANAVI NISMO GT-R to a second consecutive victory, following their win in the season opener.

The race started at 14:00. The pole position starter, Benoit Treluyer drove his XANAVI NISMO GT-R into the lead and held that position. At one point, last yearfs season champion, the ARTA NSX, gave chase and even edged ahead for a moment. But Treluyer regained and held the lead through the first half of the race and turned over the machine to his teammate Satoshi Motoyama that way. Motoyama held the lead unchallenged throughout the second half of the raceaided in part by the ARTA NSXfs brush with another machine it was lappingand went on to take the victory.
For the XANAVI NISMO GT-R team this was their second consecutive win of the season, following their victory in the opening round at Suzuka. Such back-to-back wins are very difficult in the SUPER GT due to the regulation that handicaps winners with weights in the next race. As a result, consecutive GT victories have only been won three times since the competition began in 1994. And the last time that a team won consecutive victories in the first two rounds of the season was ten years ago in 1998 (Skyline GT-R).
The GT300 class win went to the ARTA Garaiya driven by Morio Nitta and Shinichi Takagi.
(Spectators: 29,000)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
RACE RESULTS TOP 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Po.No.Machine Driver LAPS Time

[GT500 CLASS]--------------------------------------------------------
1 23 XANAVI NISMO GT-R S.Motoyama/B.Treluyer 82 2:01'56.605
2 12 CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R T.Matsuda/S.Philippe 82 2:01'59.111
3 1 ARTA NSX R.Firman/T.Izawa 82 2:02'27.525

[GT300 CLASS]--------------------------------------------------------
1 43 ARTA Garaiya M.Nitta/S.Takagi 76 2:02'32.682
2 26 YUNKER POWER TAISAN PORSCHE N.Taniguchi/S.Yamaji 76 2:02'38.872
3 77 CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA T.Yamano/K.Sasaki 76 2:02'48.844

Source:
SuperGT

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Everyone,

I have a very big question. I am planning to do a D.I.Y on an engine conversion (just as a hobby), so any help from experienced mechanics or anyone who has done this conversion before would be at great help! I am very serious here.

Okay. Lets just say, i have got:

1) Evo2/3 full harness wiring,
2) Evo2/3 complete engine with mounts,
3) Evo2/3 Air flow meter (MAF) and ECU,
4) But using my 4G93 Gearbox.

Is this all i need? I dont have a complete half cut. I am just worried...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience