Putra 4g93 to Evo2/3 Conversion (D.I.Y)

Sarb

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Hi Everyone,

I have a very big question. I am planning to do a D.I.Y on an engine conversion (just as a hobby), so any help from experienced mechanics or anyone who has done this conversion before would be at great help! I am very serious here.

Okay. Lets just say, i have got:

1) Evo2/3 full harness wiring,
2) Evo2/3 complete engine with mounts,
3) Evo2/3 Air flow meter (MAF) and ECU,
4) But using my 4G93 Gearbox.

Is this all i need? I dont have a complete half cut. I am just worried about wiring because i understand that all the wiring (engine and engine bay fuse box, lights, horn................. ) are all connected together into one bunch and go trough the left side of the car right? so that means:

- 3 ECU socket pins (yellow)
- 2 Socket pins (white) what are these actually?

I understand that the EVO wiring has the same wiring style. But someone did tell me that i will have problem with the alternator wiring or something i did not understand.

Any ideas sifus??

Cheers guys.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
most of us here clever in talk cock... if really wanna do practical work, not many knows how... including me... haha...

even someone with wide knowledge in automobile, if he hasnt done it before or has no experience in engine swap, it is quite difficult...

so.... good luck...

Sarb

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
my friend, i am from England. Everyone here who understands the value of money and is an automotive enthusiast will always do a D.I.Y. So thats why i was enquiring, not talking cock. I've got the money and i am positive that i will do a good job, but i just need a bit more information and rectifications. but i noticed that no a lot here is helpful/knowledgeable. Well, it is either i carry on with this conversion, or i might be buying a nissan pulsar. But i want to try to do a diy conversion at least i will be the first to have a evo powered proton in England.

P/s: I have done 8 engine conversions on aeroplane's turbine engines. So i think i am knowledgeable enough when it comes to the mechanical side of it. But i am just not knowledgeable enough by the electronics side of it.

Cheers!

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Get a wiring guy done it for u ... They are most experienced in the car's wiring stuff in their field ... We are not naturally born automotive experts or masters ... We get involved in these because we are interested and same as you , we are learning ... I'll apology first if my suggestion doesn't help. Mostly in malaysia , when we mess around with engine stuff and wiring stuff , we leave the job to the mechanic's hands , in case anything happen they are the one to blame ... Just 2 my sense.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Sarb,

In malaysia, most mechanics will ask you to just get a halfcut for conversion.

The complete wiring is included so its a no-brainer.

Splicing wirings from engine A to the wirings of chasis B is very daunting task unless the person really knows his electrical and electronics.

I've seen bad wire splicing. They cause problems which will require the entire wirings to be check all over again.

In other words, get a complete engine half cut with the wirings

But if you're adamant to proceed, I believe someone had posted the EVO engine wiring diagram (can't recall if its EVO2 or 3, etc) on Zerotohundred.com somewhere in this section http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/tech-engine-management-monitoring/

GOOD LUCK.

Sarb

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
ahhh!! now there is an answer which i was expecting. I know it is not easy. Trust me, i am doing Avionics studies now, and i have to say... they are a b**t**d!! but yeah, i was thinking the same, getting a complete engine 'halfcut'. But the problem is, you cant get them here in England. You will have to buy the whole scrapped/cat b/c accident car car!! But nevermind. I will source out more information. Thanks matey! You are of great help!!

Cheers!!
Sarb

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car died off during idle at traffic light. I thought it was battery but all the electronics and stuff are working. I can crank it, but it wont start. Even the mech dont really know whats wrong. I checked everything the spark plugs and stuff. Could it be bcs the timing belt is worn out? I only can crank but cannot start.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience