Super-Charge

badgti

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
johor
badgti, you guys provide tuning for SC?

Bump: badgti, you guys provide tuning for SC?
yes,we do .contact R-Tune Garage at 07-3556201 and speak to Ho, or Amir on this.they will be able to help you out on SC tuning and custom SC kits.the current project is a sr20de with a custom SC kit and custom exhaust 4-1 manifold.

Raven.

Known Member
Dec 5, 2007
07?!
don have 03 line ar?
im from KL....
KL does any workshop can help me tune SMT6? to match the SC?
badgti thanks for your info anyway

Bump: 07?!
don have 03 line ar?
im from KL....

badgti

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
johor
07?!
don have 03 line ar?
im from KL....

Bump: 07?!
don have 03 line ar?
im from KL....

bro, gimme a call as i travel up to k.l often and i might be able to do some tuning for you if you're interested.

Raven.

Known Member
Dec 5, 2007
please pm me your contact number...
thanks

Bump: please pm me your contact number...
thanks

apai_Ngage

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Old thread maa..... Dunno whether it is still active or not (hopefully some sifu joined in) :hmmmm:

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
Wo Hoo, Old thread hidup balik.

I have actually fitted a supercharger kit by Gerard/Turbo Sang on my Putra, years ago.

Had it only for 1 years did not like it & had it removed, reason being as follows;

1. Fuel Consumption
Ridiculously high, a full tank can only last for 4 trips to & fro from Pandan to Damansara Heights.

2. Engine Vibration
They were using the old SC 14 supercharger from Toyota, which is a twin lobe design unlike the newer helical three lobe design which can provide continuousl air/fuel flow into the combustion chamber. The twin lobe design provides air/fuel flow in pulses into the combustion chamber, so the engine vibrates like hell during idle. No amount of tuning can get rid of the vibration - only solution increase the rpm at idle which will make problem 1 even worse.

Don't know if Gerard is still doing the conversion, can still remember he had a workshop in Sungai Buloh-Voltz Hybrid, also met with Turbo Sang's son - Andy, whose shop is in Kepong.

I believe Andy is still running the workshop in Kepong.

U can try Powerzone which has featured a few Proton's with supercharger fitted, from the photos I believe Powerzone's supercharger is different from Gerard's.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Wo Hoo, Old thread hidup balik.

I have actually fitted a supercharger kit by Gerard/Turbo Sang on my Putra, years ago.

Had it only for 1 years did not like it & had it removed, reason being as follows;

1. Fuel Consumption
Ridiculously high, a full tank can only last for 4 trips to & fro from Pandan to Damansara Heights.

2. Engine Vibration
They were using the old SC 14 supercharger from Toyota, which is a twin lobe design unlike the newer helical three lobe design which can provide continuousl air/fuel flow into the combustion chamber. The twin lobe design provides air/fuel flow in pulses into the combustion chamber, so the engine vibrates like hell during idle. No amount of tuning can get rid of the vibration - only solution increase the rpm at idle which will make problem 1 even worse.

Don't know if Gerard is still doing the conversion, can still remember he had a workshop in Sungai Buloh-Voltz Hybrid, also met with Turbo Sang's son - Andy, whose shop is in Kepong.

I believe Andy is still running the workshop in Kepong.

U can try Powerzone which has featured a few Proton's with supercharger fitted, from the photos I believe Powerzone's supercharger is different from Gerard's.
wow that is horrible FC man
must have been very painfull to always go petrol station
plus SC dont produce that much power as compared to turbo
its more focused on the lower end torque

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
wow that is horrible FC man
must have been very painfull to always go petrol station
plus SC dont produce that much power as compared to turbo
its more focused on the lower end torque
If u ever seen how a mercedes power improvement after installing a Kleeman centrifugal SC... Then u know what's not right that u are talking...

OF course, turbocharging is more effective in producing power... also need to understand some pro and cons of both system.

How would u feel on a Forced induction engine that have no lag and no chocking at top end. It this what turbocharging can gives u..? Yes... Only with VGT, VNT etc.. whatever different manufacturer is calling it.

Alway remember, TC is Recycling to produce more hp where SC is sacrificing in producing more power.

Hope u understand.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
If u ever seen how a mercedes power improvement after installing a Kleeman centrifugal SC... Then u know what's not right that u are talking...

OF course, turbocharging is more effective in producing power... also need to understand some pro and cons of both system.

How would u feel on a Forced induction engine that have no lag and no chocking at top end. It this what turbocharging can gives u..? Yes... Only with VGT, VNT etc.. whatever different manufacturer is calling it.

Alway remember, TC is Recycling to produce more hp where SC is sacrificing in producing more power.

Hope u understand.
hehehe kleeman all diff story lah bro that one all is :adore::adore::adore:
heheh im talking about the regular kits we have here lah like the powerzone one :rolleyes:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hehehe kleeman all diff story lah bro that one all is :adore::adore::adore:
heheh im talking about the regular kits we have here lah like the powerzone one :rolleyes:
Haha... They are still very nice for it's response and powerband. Reason for it not performing is they don't boost high.

It depends on what engine I'm using. If I'm with Toyota n Honda, I might opt for a Sc over tc.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Haha... They are still very nice for it's response and powerband. Reason for it not performing is they don't boost high.

It depends on what engine I'm using. If I'm with Toyota n Honda, I might opt for a Sc over tc.
true true sc boost is pretty low
but i feel the application of sc would be better for engines with less torque meaning lower displacement engines
coz the sc improves the bottom end quite a bit depending on the kit installed
whereas turbo is nicer for mid and top end :biggrin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
true true sc boost is pretty low
but i feel the application of sc would be better for engines with less torque meaning lower displacement engines
coz the sc improves the bottom end quite a bit depending on the kit installed
whereas turbo is nicer for mid and top end :biggrin:
If it's centrifugal type super charger, the the powerband goes all the way to the top end.

Same goes to turbo, different size on different engine will have different powerband n result.

Both have pro n cons. Just different application wpuld require a different system n set up.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
If it's centrifugal type super charger, the the powerband goes all the way to the top end.

Same goes to turbo, different size on different engine will have different powerband n result.

Both have pro n cons. Just different application wpuld require a different system n set up.
good info there bro i didnt know about the centrifugal type SC:hmmmm:
so im assuuming the kleeman SC is centrifugal??

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
good info there bro i didnt know about the centrifugal type SC:hmmmm:
so im assuuming the kleeman SC is centrifugal??
Yes... But there are alot more choices. Back to forced induction. Wheater it's tc or Sc, it all depends on the cfm the device can produce. Up boosting is just a method to extend the capability of one device.

Turbo for example, comparing a TD04hl and TD05 both boosting 1 bar, the will show different result. And will also response differently.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Taken from Sync Optima:

skagee said:
Looks like the thieves are at it again..This time its Rudsdrifts (Rudy Norman) Purple AE86. Taken from his house this morning at 4 am and was last seen of the NorthSouth Highway heading towards Johore. Please anyone if you see an AE86 in bright purple spotting a GT wing , please contact me (Ariff) immediately 0122109865 thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience