Suitable Tyre for A32 Stock Rim

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Could you please tell me from your experience, what brand of tyre would best suit the 15 inch stock rim.

I want comfort, good road holding dry/wet...ehhh...if possible also last longer lah. Though I know comfort mean soft and that also mean no long lasting, maybe a good balance of both.

Please suggest with:

Brand | Size | Price | Place to Get if possible

Actually I was thinking of changing to bigger rim but my long time mechanic insisted I stick to the stock size. Don't know why? Maybe FC, power and accuracy of odo/speedo?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
robert...go for 16" at least! with 215/55/16 tyres. u wont regret it. beside cosmetic apperance, u will feel better handling.

on the tyres brand etc...every brand has its own advantages. depends on ur budget lor...price should range from rm280 to rm400..cheers

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Ong, changing to 215/16...how much increase in FC hah (not 350km/tank hoh?). On average I only get about 400km/tank or 60l for the 205/15.

Any A33 owners wanting to upgrade their wheels and dispose off the stock rim 16 inch, please let me know.

I had very good experience of Yokohama tyres, kind of soft, good road holding and quiet...but wear out kind of fast.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
excimo said:
Ong, changing to 215/16...how much increase in FC hah (not 350km/tank hoh?). On average I only get about 400km/tank or 60l for the 205/15.

Any A33 owners wanting to upgrade their wheels and dispose off the stock rim 16 inch, please let me know.

I had very good experience of Yokohama tyres, kind of soft, good road holding and quiet...but wear out kind of fast.
wont be much different really...unless u upgrade to 18" taiwan rims..:biggrin:

bobby (Rachelagl) has a set of A33's 16" 5 spoke rims with yokoham db spec. give me a buzz or pm him for more details. i think the tyres still have 70-80% thread. he upgraded to 18" recently. pm me if u need his details. cheers

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
ongteckweng said:
wont be much different really...unless u upgrade to 18" taiwan rims..:biggrin:

bobby (Rachelagl) has a set of A33's 16" 5 spoke rims with yokoham db spec. give me a buzz or pm him for more details. i think the tyres still have 70-80% thread. he upgraded to 18" recently. pm me if u need his details. cheers
David,....thanks for the free ad.,.....:regular_smile:

Actually, I am a little undecided whether or not to sell my stock rims....
I was thinking once I get enough of bumpy rides fr the 18s, I will switch back to stock again n sell the Works away....
Moreover, I really dont know what price is fair for the rims n tyres....

Maybe you can help me make a quote for Excimo then both of us can see if it's a good deal for both,...you are more familiar with the market, I believe.....

Cheers!!

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
RachelAgl said:
David,....thanks for the free ad.,.....:regular_smile:

Actually, I am a little undecided whether or not to sell my stock rims....
I was thinking once I get enough of bumpy rides fr the 18s, I will switch back to stock again n sell the Works away....
Moreover, I really dont know what price is fair for the rims n tyres....

Maybe you can help me make a quote for Excimo then both of us can see if it's a good deal for both,...you are more familiar with the market, I believe.....

Cheers!!
no prob mate...
market price for used oem 16" rim + tyres r around rm1.3k...

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
ongteckweng said:
no prob mate...
market price for used oem 16" rim + tyres r around rm1.3k...
RM1.3k ah??......I remember I paid around that price for my Yokohama tyres leh....
....makes me feel like I am giving away my stock rims for free....:confused_smile:

Let me reconsider first....maybe I sell off my 18" Works...
....anyone interested??

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
RachelAgl said:
RM1.3k ah??......I remember I paid around that price for my Yokohama tyres leh....
....makes me feel like I am giving away my stock rims for free....:confused_smile:

Let me reconsider first....maybe I sell off my 18" Works...
....anyone interested??
bobby...why wanna sell?? the WORK its nice on ur ride.
anyway, cant compare used tyres with new 1. when u pay 1.3k for new 1, once used > 6 months, u r lucky to get half of the price u pay...

moreover, tyres have lifespan - 5 years. also depend where and how u keep ur tyres. incorrect way of keeping unused tyres will result in premature cracks...

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Bobby, actually Ong has quoted a pretty good price. I actually have some rounded figure that you wouldn't want to know. I guess your old set has been kept unused for close to a year now. You better start using them or quickly sell them off.

You not posting the image of the 16" speaks by itself that you are keeping them. So, I guess we will just have some deal other time.

Ong, thanks for the help. You too Bobby...maybe good too to keep the 16", petrol ain't getting cheaper.

I guess I will change to a 205/65/15, which is the original size and strongly recommended by my tyre man for comfort.

Cheers....

Last edited:

RachelAgl

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
N.S. Malaysia
ongteckweng said:
bobby...why wanna sell?? the WORK its nice on ur ride.
anyway, cant compare used tyres with new 1. when u pay 1.3k for new 1, once used > 6 months, u r lucky to get half of the price u pay...

moreover, tyres have lifespan - 5 years. also depend where and how u keep ur tyres. incorrect way of keeping unused tyres will result in premature cracks...
Thanks for the advice, David...

I know its really nice with the 18" on my ride....but my priority now is my new house,...which is under renovation now.....need to spend so much b4 I can move in....:sad_smile:

Will only sell off if not losing too much fr what I have spent...

Excimo,....sorry for all the trouble but not accepting the deal.....
...maybe other time....:regular_smile:

Cheers!!

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
No worries Bobby. Maybe you could salvage the rims and sell off the tyres, instead of letting them crack and then cannot sell or use later. That would be even a bigger lost of what you have spent. I wonder how much those tyres could fetch, a couple hundred bucks?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, am getting my next project car... It's a Civic EG (local) still
in its ori condition. Already has a B16A auto just transplanted in there
for the enjoyable DOHC VTEC experience.

Now shopping for a pair of good sports seats (Recaro, SSCUS, Sparco...
donno yet, all I know is it must be red colour :) and probably to re-
uphols the whole rear seats. Momo steering is a must item too :)

Any ideas on how to go next? Prob a K&N mushroom air filter to help the
engine breathe...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience