1) affect the subwoofer sound quality
2) the life span of the subwoofer
thank you.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
the port wont affect the sub life span.

do some research on sealed and ported enclosures, they do give different sound.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
1) yes

2) Depends on application and how much power through them.

kevin62

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Penang
ported encloce will give lower bass.

as a sealed box its for SQ more. which mean will u give solid bass than ported.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
kevin62 said:
ported encloce will give lower bass.

as a sealed box its for SQ more. which mean will u give solid bass than ported.
well i have to disagree with you. Both sealed and ported perform very well in SQ. By SQ i mean it can play low, accurate and tight bass.

Dique

1,000 RPM
Sep 1, 2004
home
appleyard said:
well i have to disagree with you. Both sealed and ported perform very well in SQ. By SQ i mean it can play low, accurate and tight bass.
r u sure? is there any hi-end sq kaki using ported woofer box?

kevin62

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Penang
well i have to disagree with you. Both sealed and ported perform very well in SQ. By SQ i mean it can play low, accurate and tight bass.[/QUOTE]

As i know those having a really good SQ in their car is using SEALED box. I only met 1 guy using PORTED.

Maybe ur taste is differnet with others.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Kevin & Dique

Not looking for arguments (tired of it). Now if you can show me that ported are meant for SPL only and sealed meant for SQ I will gladly acknowledge it.

Before making such generalization pls prove your arguments with someting concrete. You can start with modeling out a same sub with the same cu^3 (take 1.00 cu.^3 for start) each ported and sealed. See which sub can play lower (with the same resistance and power through them). You will defitnitely see that sealed has higher Q than ported. SQ sub mostly aimed for 0.707 Q.

Kevin
I am surprise that you judge SPL or SQ with your eyes. All you see is installs.

gocitygo

sealed has better transient response than ported but that doesnt mean everything in SQ.

I did mine on sealed before and now ported. So i definitely know which can play lower freq. cleanly.

Last edited:

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
kyheng

that doesnt give much info and also not very accurate.

The reason ported box are usually big is to increase efficientcy. Small enclosure usually will choke your sub to death and need very large amount of power.

If you would like more info and discussion about this, please check a thread i posted ported vs sealed (last few months). In that thread i posted some articles about why ppl go for ported and sealed and defining a t/s parameter of a sub.

Dique

1,000 RPM
Sep 1, 2004
home
yah......da lightningaudio link is not accurate.....appleyard is da truth....

wat ppls mean here is sealed is more preferrable for SQ
and ported is for SPL, no1 making da rule tat sealed must for SQ ok.....

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Guys...be nice :D

Ok, question..for gocitygo..
1. What sub are you using? Do you have a specific model in mind?
2. For general difference, you can search the web, for specific difference, use winisd software to model an enclosure for you. Select the sub model you have/plan to have, and choose the enclosure, from there you can see and adjust the sub enclosure to suit your taste.

Please take note that some sub are specifically designed to perform in certain enclosure. Only some exceptional few are good sub that can perform in any enclosure type. So, the best idea is to follow the manufacturer's recommended sub enclosure type. Because they normally know's best what their sub can do. :D peace

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Dique said:
wat ppls mean here is sealed is more preferrable for SQ
and ported is for SPL, no1 making da rule tat sealed must for SQ ok.....
i agree with you, the end it all will come down to preference. But generalization like Sealed is for SQ and ported for SPL is totally wrong.

I know a competitor hit 150+Db with sealed and someone who is using a brahma with ported enclosure.

T/S parameter will show you what sub is best for what enclosure but it doesnt meant it will suck in other enclosure.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Dique said:
yah......da lightningaudio link is not accurate.....appleyard is da truth.....
thanks for the sacarstic compliments. I think you need to grow up. We all have our own opinion, if you cant accept mine then you dont have to act like kids.

btw....you have yet prove anything based on your argument.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
So, is the Lightning Audio website's statement can be trusted or not? Anyway I got this from Rockford Fosgate website:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scri...Vx2Z7Th&p_tbl=9&p_id=185&p_created=1065552170

It has clearly stated advantages between 2 of them, but for me ,I still prefer vented as it can cool the voice coil. If still want a deeper bass or lower Hz from the sub just add a coil on it, the coil rating is 3.3 which I using now. I'm thinking how can a company that are selling ICE can come out a statement that is not that correct?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all MODmasters,

I have a Cordia 1.8L and now using magma 1.5L.I just bought this car from my bos last year and trying to change the engine.The cordia engine was blown before this my bos told me.I'm a noobie in modding cars but are keen in learning and getting a new engine for a start . I plan to play turbo since i never had one before. so the questions goes like this:

1. What are the list of engine should be compliant to my car?

2. What are the price for each engines, since i'm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience