subaru impreza declared 20k at kastam?

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
lol as long as *uknoewho* continues to benefit , it will certainly stay that way , unless another party does not receive benefit and then sure kp 1 lar .

thats just the way things go

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
yap overseas car price are very very cheap... malaysia for another are very expensive cause of the tax tax tax...

Bought my mercedes a class from aussie at $30,000 australian dollar back in year 2000 with currency rate 2.1 that time. bring it back i have to pay $35,000 malaysian ringgit for AP student taxes... so overall the car price in ringgit around $95,000 malaysian ringgit ONLY... BRAND NEW.

Here the price of the merc a-class around $200k but now only $180k or so... hahaha cool ar..

Just malaysia government put tax so high up... almost everything is so expensive.. you wont be able to go out without spending $50bucks per day since now the new prime minister... bloody hell.. petrol price up 3 or 4 times since he got his ass in... everything almost all price he put up.. tol and all... darn it...

Last edited:

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
KDRM pula terpaksa menerima perisytiharan harga tiba yang rendah walaupun tahu harga sebenar dalam pasaran kerana ia didakwa sebagai mematuhi syarat-syarat yang termaktub dalam Pertubuhan Perdagangan Sedunia (WTO).
kerana kastam kuat minum kopi.. mahai...!!

K20AEK

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
don't be so stupid lar. car outside is not that cheap lar... its only declared that cheap at the custom so the port tax on the car is not so expensive for the importer. Custom is just paper only, to just get thru. at the shop they still charge retails + tax + profit then become the price of what we know now. the problem is now that custom dunno the true value of the car, therefore the importer can declare any price on the car to reduce the port tax on the car, just to clear entry to malaysia.

remember the 100-300% tax is not imposed on the company. its impose on the selling price. so you and i pay for it not the company. the company only pays the port tax just bringing the car here.

Last edited:

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
K20AEK, u r right, we - buyer are paying for the tax, but for example, they declare impreza 20k, so after tax 100% also the car + duty become 40k only.

but selling now how much? 200k?? so the profit is 160k to cover for the container freight charge, AP holder, seller and maybe duit kopi also.... see how much they make???

K20AEK

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
no lar, the import car tax is not imposed on the port. its after that. the port tax is only a few % only. only when they register the car for sale, then the import tax comes in. whereby they back charge it to us, consumer. btw, they don't impose import tax on what type of car, just what is the capacity of the car and the market price ( determine by bank of course ). Plus, if your declare the car value very low, like a STI for only 20k, your insurance premium for shipping also cheap.. for the company lar. some dare to take the risk. so basically, they are doing a favour for us. if they declare the true value of STI. kena true value of port tax ... guess who they going to back charge it to ...

i know its kinda hard to understand what i say. but try to think of it the company try to increase their margin of profit by reducing cost using customs weakness.

Last edited:

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
K20AEK said:
no lar, the import car tax is not imposed on the port. its after that. the port tax is only a few % only. only when they register the car for sale, then the import tax comes in. whereby they back charge it to us, consumer. .
halo fren, when u import a car, you must have your AP (J.K. 69), invoice and K1 form ready, go register the docs with customs (u can do it online by EDI but still must show original AP to Kastam), when approved, u pay import tax and duti (100-300% depending on the cc of engine) to kastam.

duti & tax amount is based on CIFC value (car + insurance + freight cost) which will be shown on the K1 form prepared by your forwarding agent - then after the customs receive the duti $$, then only u are allowed to take the car out from the bonded area in PORT KLANG (or any other port) terminal, otherwise, the car will sit there,

ofcos i dont understand what u r trying to say cos i really dunno who told u all these funny procedures......:biggrin:

** oh ya, maybe fstrader can explain more since he surely seems to be knowing much more than i do... i guess...

Last edited:

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
after reading for the past four pages...i decided...not gonna buy any car from those AP kings....simple as that...so what choice do i have....PLOTONG only laaa..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Fuiyoh, they declare the price in Pound Sterling is it? Yeah, an Impreza WRX STi will cost about 20k Pounds in the UK. So, the kastam fellas must be blind lar, cannot differentiate Pound sign from RM sign or they are fucking stupid or simply fucking corrupted.

BTW, I have an idea. Usually when the public is seriously outrage by something, they will riot. And that's what we should do, but it should be organised. We all riot in front of Naza's big ass showrooms or warehouses and then we smash and grab. Break into their property and get back what we deserve I say! Grab what you want! In fact, assemble a mob in front of Nasimuddin's house, break into and steal everything. Fucking leeches of society.

ralliart.co.jp

Sep 19, 2005
kutan hilir
si|verfish said:
Fuiyoh, they declare the price in Pound Sterling is it? Yeah, an Impreza WRX STi will cost about 20k Pounds in the UK. So, the kastam fellas must be blind lar, cannot differentiate Pound sign from RM sign or they are fucking stupid or simply fucking corrupted.

BTW, I have an idea. Usually when the public is seriously outrage by something, they will riot. And that's what we should do, but it should be organised. We all riot in front of Naza's big ass showrooms or warehouses and then we smash and grab. Break into their property and get back what we deserve I say! Grab what you want! In fact, assemble a mob in front of Nasimuddin's house, break into and steal everything. Fucking leeches of society.

AGREED!!!!! :rock: but somehow there is still a lot of malaysian that is ignorant in this matter :frown:

BuRn|nGsUnZ

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Penang
now car so damn expensive..kaneh..think us print money wan...

feudalklippe

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Sunway
no wonder la they are so damn rich..naza n co. can bring lambo and all kinds of sports car here summo..i think there's tooo many bribery in the kastam and all lar

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu out there,

Need your feedback, i wan to know wit this mod does it makes alot of diff???

using a s90 tb, skunk intake. on a p&p head... does it makes lot of diff or shall i just port and used a bigger intake from a mit engine! since those honda parts are pricy....

ps head will be fitted wit rpw valve springs and 288/299 or higher matspeed cams! block standard!

thanks alot guys!

na for life:love::love:!!! he he he:adore::adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience