starting the car

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
tezza owners.

I'm just wondering , how long does everyone takes to start their cars ? 1secs or up to 4 secs like mine ? I'm used to my other cars which just needs one spin of the crank... My tezza seems to need atleast 4 cranks before it starts..(i hope i put it in a understandable way) . I'm new to my car...Its normal for a rs200 to start like this ?

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
hmm... is it the battery weak? have u check on battery? so far (*touch wood), mine is ok.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
mine so far (*touch wood also) starts with 1 crank.

check battery, check also if MAF sensor dirty.

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Normally we will only need 1 crank to start the car. No matter if it is in the morning or afternoon. I would suggest that you have the MAF sensor and the Throttle body clean before you try other things.
In the case of a weak battery, it would either start or not turn over at all. That is what I have experience before.
Other possible cause could be the fuel pump or the fuel line.....

Hope this helps.

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Shouldn't take up to 4 secs. It's like other bros said, do the below in order:

1) Check battery
2) Clean MAF/Throttle Body

If not, have to do the below already (workshop maybe?)
3) Starter
4) Fuel pump/line

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
sorry i would like to ask a question.what is MAF actually ?

much appreciated

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Mass Air Flow sensor.. I think there's a thread or two about it in here last time. Look it up.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
want to ask, what solvent/cleaner to use for cleaning throttle body ?

i hv a can of contact cleaner which i use to clean MAF sensor, am thinking is it ok to use the same to clean throttle body ?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
i hv a can of contact cleaner which i use to clean MAF sensor, am thinking is it ok to use the same to clean throttle body ?
Are u sure you want to spend yr time dismantling and fixing back the throttle body, mike? Lots of work and make sure u don't damaged the TB..coz it will coz you ard 3K to replace with a new unit...
U can actually go buy a can of Motul Part cleaner..but dont use CRC Contact cleaner on yr throttle body bro...

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Are u sure you want to spend yr time dismantling and fixing back the throttle body, mike? Lots of work and make sure u don't damaged the TB..coz it will coz you ard 3K to replace with a new unit...
U can actually go buy a can of Motul Part cleaner..but dont use CRC Contact cleaner on yr throttle body bro...
alright, thanks for the advice.

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
sifus...
the contact cleaner you are mentioning about is it the same as the some that uses to clean the cd and dvds ?

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
sifus...
the contact cleaner you are mentioning about is it the same as the some that uses to clean the cd and dvds ?
there are diff type/grade of contact cleaner.. but make sure u use those that
stated "Safe on plastics".... i tried to find CRC MAF Cleaner, but maybe i didn't
expand my search area.. therefore i got this & it works for me

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Driven: 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S (991) - CoTY material? We think so!

Time changes everything. A little over a decade ago, I picked up a local magazine and read a review of a Porsche 996 Turbo. At the time, the 996 Turbo was the most powerful variant offered and touted some massive numbers – 420PS/560Nm and only 4.2 seconds from Zerotohundred. I remember day dreaming...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience