ST jerking problem

zerostar78

May 29, 2006
miri/sarawak
hi all toyotarian,

need advise on my younger brother car, his driving ae111 with A/T st engine but due to his gb problem change to M/T.

btw, let me tell a bit of his car history before this problem happened.

last year august his car battery kondem so he bought a new battery. Few days later he ask me why his car feel kaput2 and about to die (idling not stable), i don't bother so told him to check it for himself.

One day my dad borrowed his car, not so long he suddenly called me because the car cannot move. I rush over and found out this was caused by the unscrew battery holder which causing spark with the positive terminal of the battery and it was broke into two! The battery and the wire which connected from body to negative terminal also burnt badly.

later asked for warranty & battery shop owner agree to give us a new battery FOC.

For a while, the car seems ok. Until one day it goes jerking. Went to a workshop and told the story to the pomen, he advice change to new wiring will solve the problem, so i source BT wiring & ecu and have it installed but the problem didn't end.

went to another workshop & swap/ change some part e.g: swap ecu, fuel pump, O2 sensor, distributor, cable plug and spark plug, MAP sensor, fuel regulator, fuel filter and even pour some injector cleaner but problem never end, worst thing even the mileage meter not functioning and engine check light is on some more...

his car sits almost a month in the workshop so i went and take it back last week with the problem still going on. luckily the pomen x charge me a penny as he unsure what cause the problem, but he advice me to try change the head…. I was wondering, does jerking got to do with valve and cam? I tot this have something to do with wiring, sensor or faulty electronics? correct me if i'm wrong here..

sorry for the long story guys, really need some advise...

Thanks!

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
try to re tune TPS sensor

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
Can describe more about the jerking?
- Slow down Jerk?
- Driving Sudden Jerk?
- Pedal the Throttle Jerk?

Thanks.

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Interesting.

Anyway sorry to hijack your thread TS. Seems like I'm also facing some jerking or 'semput' (?), most prominently during accelerating especially in the 80 - 100 km/h area. Before or after passing those zone, it becomes smoother. Although not all the time, but there are times it becomes like that. Any ideas? By the way, 4AGE 20V buracktop with A/T transmission. Exhaust using the old EE100 (2E engine) OEM exhaust. Also, can your exhaust be one of the causes?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
check for error code first...easier to troubleshoot from there rather than relying on symptom to diagnose the engine problem...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

TQ to some comment, n sry 4 late reply rushing school work assignment.

Now I want to Clarify My Issue more with the process + include some picture jpg.

I own a 2nd hand L5(EF-RL) 3 cylinder turbo & Reconnected the EGR.
Originally the EGR hose left hanging in the engine bay, its running due to contain engine oil in the hose and my air-conditioner sometime got engine oil smell.
Mileage Clocked now is 48k++.

last change new engine oil at 40k mileage with diesel engine(Petronas Urania rated...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience