SR16VE NEO VVL information!

Specv180

Known Member
Aug 6, 2007
Guys,

I'm looking to get a SR16VE NEO VVL engine. I hear that there's a few variations and the one I'm looking at is from the N15 Pulsar.

Now, with that said, there's 2 version of NEO from the N15 Pulsar body.

SR16VE NEO and SR16VE NEO Autech Version. The Autech version comes in the Pulsar SR-V VZ-R edition.

Whats the difference as far as the engine and the mechanical point of view?

I know there's an extra sticker on the cylinder head cover and the gauge has Autech Japan written.

Any idea???

Thanks!

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
nothing different
one is 4 door car one is 2 door
that all

but becareful
SR16VE also available in B15
which is not direct fit on B14
require a lot of modification to fit on B14

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
this 1/2 cut near extinct already.. not worth playing already. 6 years ago play nice lah.

Autech or not, its power wise are the same.. well unless you can get the N1 version

ALTIMA>SR20

1,000 RPM
Jan 13, 2006
i got halfcut sr16ve neo vvl autech version very good condition,for imfomation call me 016-6175692

Specv180

Known Member
Aug 6, 2007
This is confusing man...I was also told that the Autech edition is like an after market modification done by Nissan as far as the body kit, interior and possibly the engine itself too...

i know the N1 version is alot harder to get...i dun think there's many here to begin with...its got more HP on that motor too..

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
yes and no. Autech also make body kits.

the autech you see its just the same.. unless the ecu are imprint with autech (that i doubt they do). I only see impul ECU on SR20ve, all sr16 i seen are standard, only few N1 i saw are with mod, like ecu.

Not worth buying SR16 already lah.. now price all 5500 and above.

Specv180

Known Member
Aug 6, 2007
well if SR16VE is not a good option then what is a good engine? I have a B14 stock GA16DE auto. Real crappy engine man...what other options do i have?

I know SR16VE is a good engine...i hear alot of good remarks about it.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
if you are the person that know how to source parts than its ok, else you need to get ready to be chop by people and mechanic.

-Original Plugs its not easy to find, alternative you can use performance plug
-Left and right engine mount, you can't buy new here. you got to reto fit. or ask someone buy from japan.
-Water pump... hmm, if i recall its also slightly difference, can still use local but best its get the original.
-Clutch not easy to find also, local one really cannot use.
-Some others parts can use B14, but not many..

I was running with sr16ve for many many years.. most of the parts, i import from japan. Its not hard to find parts just than you need to be resourceful and a know how person.

Nissan FWD nothing much you can put in lah.

Mayonaise21

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
My B14 was recently converted to SR16VE, I agree with you that parts are not that easy to find. But spark plugs shouldn't be much of a problem, as I know that SR16VE can fit Denso Iridium IK20 plugs, my current plugs is HKS Iridium (which is sourced from Denso).

Better be careful with the water pump, it is not cheap to get one replaced. I am currently looking for disc brake rotors front and rear for my B14/JN15 hybrid...

if you are the person that know how to source parts than its ok, else you need to get ready to be chop by people and mechanic.

-Original Plugs its not easy to find, alternative you can use performance plug
-Left and right engine mount, you can't buy new here. you got to reto fit. or ask someone buy from japan.
-Water pump... hmm, if i recall its also slightly difference, can still use local but best its get the original.
-Clutch not easy to find also, local one really cannot use.
-Some others parts can use B14, but not many..

I was running with sr16ve for many many years.. most of the parts, i import from japan. Its not hard to find parts just than you need to be resourceful and a know how person.

Nissan FWD nothing much you can put in lah.

Specv180

Known Member
Aug 6, 2007
sighhh...how boring man...

altima sr20...i when to the halfcut shop man....sold already la bro....sucks man...

so guess im not left with much options...so converting sr16ve is a bad idea...how about changing the auto to manual on GA16DE?? any improvement?? is it worthwhile...its such a crappy engine i cannot deal with it anymore...LOLOL

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
the Denso Iridium can use la.. but so far i still think the best plugs still the original copper plug, better respond. Last time i order by dozen back to KL.

Water pump local can get la, so far last time i use also ok. the headache its the engine mount on the left and right.

Specv180

Known Member
Aug 6, 2007
i think sr20ve neo vvl is a better option...wat'd u'll think??

hear that its easier to find parts also..

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
what kind of parts are you referring?

SR20VE, the CVT box its not very reliable if you trash it. normal drive its ok. unless your mechanic are good with nissan engine and g.box if not it will be tough time for him o put the engine in.

Specv180

Known Member
Aug 6, 2007
i think sr20ve neo vvl is a better option...wat'd u'll think??

hear that its easier to find parts also..

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
not really.. and when you say parts what kind of parts?

As i say, if you are the know how person, or know a very good mechanic than know the SR beast, than its ok.. else it will be nightmare.. Not many mechanic know how to tame the SR engine.. especially the turbos for FWD

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Its not a race to watch, but let us have a feel in both cars.

While the heavy Veyron with a 1000-hp quad-turbo W16 engine through a 7-speed dual-clutch semi-automatic gearbox, powers all four wheels, the super-light F40 is driven through a conventional 6-speed manual by a twin-turbo 3-liter V8 to the rear wheels. The Veyron is one of the most complicated cars ever devised, let alone produced, while the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience