Squeking noise from the rear

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Hi,

Driving a Civic EJ and lately i've been experiencing some squeking noise whenever i go over some bumpy roads. It only happens when i have someone sitting behind and initially i thought it was my absorber but i changed it last week and yet the noise persist. Quite sick of the 'nyet nyet' noise and even more when i'm carrying some guest. Anyone have such problem and even after changing absorbers?

i got it b4 changing AND still got it after changing...me thinks its just a matter of tightening the screws...like ALL of them..keke

maybe something is lose or might be the board that cover the spare tyre is touching some plastic stuff like my car, i take out everything of the boot area, and repack any lose spanners or bar stuff, the irritating sound gone.

Just my 2 cents. :smile:

check ur rear parcel shelf i got same nyet nyet sound but is not absorber is da parcel shelf da speaker cover and the parcel shelf was looose so jus tighten and shud be okay

check the suspension bush. Possibly the bush are worn out. Happened in my car and after changing no more sound... :)

bring to a workshop and ask them to check from below. last time i had this problem is becoz the thread on the screw for tightening my rear balancing bar is almost finish and loose.

Hie, it happens to my EG also. No guest also nget nget nget will going on humps and uneven roads. I taught absorber problem, changed the absorber and same thing happens. I think is the bushes and join problem. I'll get it oil in this few weeks and see how if it works. :D DIY

or maybe get a banana and put under car.. maybe the "nyet nyet" monkey will run away... hehe..just joking :)

suspension bushing...
jack ur car...n see the bushing condition...

When you say bushing, is it that 2 screws that holds each absorber?

ya...i just fix my car problem today. also got sound from the rear. it's the bush kong d...change already then no more sound...i think the best way is jack up ur car and check...goyang here and there and sure something is longgar or bush kong d...:)

most probably bush. they're made of rubber to hold items like stabiliser bar and even suspension lower arms or trailing arms. rubber will worn out due to heat and becomes hardened. this is when they cant hold its posture anymore as it shud be. the movement of loosened suspension will caused squeaking noise.

like we have rats or cicak in the boot. ha ha ha...

try apply grease as temporary measures. best is to change the bush. remember, not george w.bush, but only the bush.

happened to my wira now but my solution is to blast the ICE. no money spend for that.

zan said:
try apply grease as temporary measures. best is to change the bush. remember, not george w.bush, but only the bush.

Hah, you've got some sense of humour.

Ok, anyways, i will go back to Hup Shun to get the uncle check the bush if its alright. That day when i change the absorber i told one of his workers to check the suspension mounting if its ok but he says it seldom spoil and not necessary to check. Gonna drive him inside the car and let him hear.

how u solve sound 'nyet-nyet'

sorry disturb u..just want to know
how u such your problem coz i have same problem on my wira.
don't know how to solve it...

thanks

prodigy said:
Hi,

Driving a Civic EJ and lately i've been experiencing some squeking noise whenever i go over some bumpy roads. It only happens when i have someone sitting behind and initially i thought it was my absorber but i changed it last week and yet the noise persist. Quite sick of the 'nyet nyet' noise and even more when i'm carrying some guest. Anyone have such problem and even after changing absorbers?

this happened to my previous car....

very easy, juz changed the arm n all the nyet nyet noise hilang...

my car got no more sounds after that...

ur mechanic should hv found this problem wut.....

but i;m not too sure whether urz is like mine onot..

cheers to all zth memberss..

Top Bottom