Spy photos: Nissan GT-R beats 911 Turbo around the Nurburgring

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
European machines are the best.

Japanese test drive magazines/videos are so biased, they are very good at making the European rivals, whatever they are, look weak. (If put to test against a Japanese car)

And what munky said is true..

Skyline = Nissan, or the so called "GT-R" thing
997 T = Porsche
examples please ?

A Japanese car = a Lambo killer?

Fail.

its faster then the Superleggera at the ring no ?

Last edited:

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
this is gonna be a failure ... and become sumthing like a NSX-R ... Yes the
NSX-R is a true sports car with exceptional performance ... hell its n/a engine has 280hp ... and the 350z need not bother , nsx is a totally different class if compared in stock cond. ... even a gtr34 cant beat it on a 0-400m drag ...

but look at the f**king price tag ... NSX-R was RM600k at Naza Showroom ... would u buy a RM600k Honda ... ???

no harm done ... im a honda guy to ... i drive one ... but for me ... sooner or later ... u will get bored with japanese cars ... cause its a play thing ... someday u would want to own true car ... or as Jeremy Clarkson call it 'miniature model of god" lol

Performance + Styling + 100% guarantee Pu**y Magnet = Italian n German Cars :)

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
I dont know how

NSX-R and its 600k pricetag,
Japanese car = lambo killer,
Performance + Styling + 100% guarantee Pu**y Magnet = Italian n German Cars :)

got to do with the spy shots of the GTR but im willing to learn. Why not fanboys just keep the irrelevant self opinions and sentiments out first and lets discuss on the important points.

From what I can see, the main concern of the GTR now is the marketting part. Ratio-pricewise, the R34 GTR costs around 50k+ USD, Vspec = 70-80k USD . I wonder how much would this new GTR costs if the R34 GTR vspec costs 600k+ here when it arrived in 2001.

please comment.

Last edited:

euro2nride

Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
kl
Skyline Owns.. Tell me it doesn't look better than a 911 ... Japanese cars are getting closer to the quality and performance of European cars these days anyway, albeit at a much lower price.. The Skyline will make its mark again in the world of motorsports just like the R32GTR of the early 90s..

Jul 14, 2006
Yeahhh, if i got money...i'll go porsche. Sure lots of chicks want to take a ride. Its a passions :P

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I really don't like any sort of cultish/fanboyish/discriminative/biased point of view that a lot of supposedly petrol heads like to take. You have these fellas who are biased towards euros and contis and condemn Japs and other cars from elsewhere to death. Then you have these JDM junkies who condemn others cars to hell. Then there's the old school muscle supporters who also condemn other cars to hell. I mean WTF?

I consider myself a petrol head, somebody who likes cars, period. I appreciate all sorts of cars for what they stand for and what they provide to enthusiasts. I can appreciate JDM sports cars. I can appreciate Italian thoroughbreds. I can appreciate teutonic uber chariots. I can appreciate American muscle. I can appreciate classics. I know that each of them offers something different to people who can bring themselves to appreciate them. Sure, they've each got their pros and cons (some more than others) but lets be objective. There's absolutely no need to condemn one to validate your preference for another.

(In an imaginary world) If I'm in the Porker and I got smoked by a GTR, I'd tip my hat and give the other bloke a thumbs up. Similarly, If I'm in the GTR I'd do the same to the guy in the Porker. That's because both cars deserve respect for what they are and so what if a lowly Nissan smokes a 911 turbo. There's always some other car that's faster, more expensive, better etc. An original Mini probably deserve more respect than the the other 2 for what it is and what it has done for the automotive landscape.

Besides, properly rich petrol heads would have both in their collection.
Clarkson, a proper brand snob and not one for considered opinion once place the R34 GTR in his top ten list of best ever cars, a list which incidently also included a 911 Turbo...and a Ford Sierra Cosworth.
People like Jay Leno, also proper petrol head, whose car collection ranges from steam engines to Ariel Atoms will also probably love both cars, for what they are.

Last edited:

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
but Jay Leno doesn't own a Ferrari, what blasphemy is that. lol

nevertheless its important to note that this is only at the "testing" model and not the final 3 production models. so till a reputable mag does a test with a ringmeister with decent conditions and reports the lap time, let us join the experts which predicted 7:15 for the GTR.

related article - Nissan GT-R | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

Interfooler

Known Member
Sep 3, 2005
Ipoh/KL
supposed you have bought the GTR over the 911....

One night at the pub:
chick: what car do you drive?
you: a Nissan...
chick: a Nissan?? aw...
you: but it's a Nissan GTR.
chick: a what??! (walks off)

supposed you have bought the 911 over the GTR.

you: a Porsche...
chick: wow that's so cool.
you: would you like a ride in it?
chick: yeah absolutely!
(mission accomplished)

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Interfooler said:

One night at the pub:

(mission accomplished)
Till they see its a Boxster and went with another guy in a Ferrari. Boo hoo.

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com

One night at the pub:

(mission accomplished)
hahha, for the gal to walks off the opportunity to ride in the GTR, there will be hoards pf other pretty gals who wouldnt mind hitching a ride in either conti or jap. :love:

i take both if i can afford.:proud:

it true the absurd debate conti vs jap is a big laugh, while i had the opportuntity of owning different continent cars in the past; both has it pro & cons in car ownership. it depend on what how deep your pocket is.

but then again a pass is a pass. (in terms of car vs car):driver:

ayumiboa

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
www.takumiphotos.blogspot.com
So what if the GTR is faster around the ring. The badge on the 911 wins it all.
Haha!! So what the badge!! Haha!! Look at the badge, but lose to a Japanese make?? Dont deserve the right to wear that badge!! Take it off!!

Haha!! The girl might come into your car...... the ask you what r we eating for dinner expecting a high class dinner. But instead. We are here honey..... *parks next to a mamak stall*

All I know is, a Japanese make can anytime beat a cont. Just like the JUN tuned 1000hp Nissan Skyline!! Yeah!! :adore: :adore: :burnout: :burnout:

Last edited:

ayumiboa

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
www.takumiphotos.blogspot.com
A Japanese car = a Lambo killer?

Fail.
ya!! Very true. Its the Lambo that kills its self. *in flames* *crash into a tree*:proud: Do you see Japanese make doing that kind of stunt often? :hmmmm: Ferrari is also very good at these stunts that others cant do. Not even a Proton. *look!! my Ferrari is on fire* can urs do that?? Mine can!! :adore:

Last edited:

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
i dont mean to pour water on some repliers fire here but you guys are missing the point in comparing. I seconded Silverfish view entirely and we should try and keep this thread clear from such "bias" comments.

Why would you want to come and talk about status on having a GTR and Porker on kaoing a chick anyway? why state the obvious?
If you know cars,you wouldnt need any telling to know this as far as im concerned.

On the other hand..7:15 is blitzkrieg! I wonder if someone like Herr Rohrl,Von Saurma and other ringmeister would do in a GTR evo spec. clap clap

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
There is this one word to sum up all this arguments...

its called "CHANGE"

Face it. Things change. Everyday something is getting better. Don't count pedigree and all that status bullshit. Its only for people who cannot accept that things improve and will change someday. For the better or worse.

If nobody accepts the move forward - look at where Proton is now. Sticking with the concept of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Fix problems of now, worry about the future later" - you will never achieve anything in the future.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi Guys.

Have anyone using Powerzone LSD?

What is the spec? It's clutch type LSD?

What is the price?

Any feedback and opinion is WELCOME!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience