Springs & Tints

deviantsoul

May 22, 2007
has anyone used cut springs on their ride?
i heard they make rides bumpy and it fucks up the absorbers in the long run.
how true is that?

i'm currently using "Diamond Green" tints on my kenari and it ain't as effective as i had hope.

so i'm now considering gettin' another layer of black tints over the current one. maybe 40% black tints. and it got me thinking, since i'm gonna get hassled by cops anyways, might as well go all out and get 95% rear, 80% sides and 65% front.

so what say u guys?

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
deviantsoul,
From what I know, the springs are the ones that will hold your car up while your absorbers are the ones that, well, absorb the shocks. If you cut your springs, your car will sit lower and thus, put a bit more weight on your absorbers. Since absorbers are not meant to hold the weight of your car up (so to speak, and to a certain extent), the absorbers will eventually die over time.
After you cut your springs, when you go over road grooves or holes or bumps, etc., your car will still go down that bit. Since your springs are shorter, it would make your absorber try to push your car up again when it goes too low. When this happens too many times, your absorber dies.
Soft springs will also kill your absorbers and when I was using Kimex springs, that was what happened to my front sets of Koni. My springs was too soft and when my car goes down after crossing a bump, etc. the weight of the car pushed on the absorbers. Eventually, my absorbers died.

For the tint, if you're willing to take the risk, then just go ahead. The hot malaysian weather is a real killer.

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
yes, cutting the springs will change the spring rate. spring rate is is the mass over height ratio in kg/mm. also, the process of cutting ur springs would involve some defections, since not all springs will be cut equally. this will in turn cause uneven stress on ur shocks, worse when ure goin around corners. that, plus the fact that the spring rates have changed, will damage ur shocks gradually coz ur standard shocks cant compensate the higher rate of compression and rebound.

what r u expecting of ur tints? as u already may know, darker tints arent necessarily better to deflect heat. u need to check with those tint shops to check how much they deflect harmful uv rays and infra red light while not sacrificing visible light. higher percentage of these factors would mean better performance, hence theyre more expensive.

deviantsoul

May 22, 2007
i guess cutting springs is a bit no no then. was thinking of reducing body roll, coz the kenari is a pussy at taking corners.

and about them tints, i just absolutely hate heat man. the green tints are for deflecting the heat, while black tints are for cutting out sunlight. i'm hoping to reduce the heat in the cabin.

btw, do the police in blue have the authority to write summons for dark tints or only jpj has this kinda power. they need sum kinda device to measure the light thingy dat are able to pass thru windows rite?

phibitis

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2005
www.mrkobe.blogspot.com
cutting springs is not good for ur car.
about the tint , im using 100% for my rear 2 windows , and 70% for the rest including front.

deviantsoul

May 22, 2007
really? any idea when it's gonna start?

btw, i live in kuching and road blocks are few and far between. but the cops and jpj seem to be really hardworking as of late. lotsa road blocks everywhere day and night. dammit.......

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
better no la, last time my tints was very dark n shining, one layer of gold n another layer of dark, result?? so comfort n sometimes feel sleepy during driving, even if got naked in car, people can't see ma.. haha..

night time?? donno wat happens behind there, feel like playing games, see front only, but lastly 'game over' during roadblok, haha.. luckily they just tear up my tints w/out any ticket..

drMpower

May 1, 2006
cutting spring = budget lowering trick.

dont cut la bro.

deviantsoul

May 22, 2007
errr.....already cut it, hee hee.....
i like the ride height but i just hate dat my front tyres are rubbing against the mud guards everytime i take a steep corner.

now i'm moving on the tints, still hesitating man.....

phibitis

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2005
www.mrkobe.blogspot.com
cut spring whack corners not fun .. hehe ...

about the tinting issue .... every year , they will say the same thing about getting new devices from OZ lar ... can scan thru and know the % of ur tint and shit lar ...
fuck them man .... if dark tinting is not allowed, why is it being sell ? why they allowed the materials to pass the custom ?? why ??

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
so far wat brand was approved n safe to be? last time one policeman told me tints dat can be see clear at night time are safe, donno true or not.. like v-kool, looks like no tints but comfort inside, price surely higher maa..

btw i'm on goldust wit chromax glass, very nice looks (gold brownish) n my ride was less heat, night time looks like no tints, so far no prob facing watever roadblok..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today I changed my spark plugs, i use Bosch Platinium Plugs,:confused::confused:

One or two of the old plugs i changed has got carbon deposits on them...

Can anyone with experience or anyone has opinion on this?

What could be the reason?

What should i do?:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience