[Help]Springs?

Lim Ling Yang

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
Currently using hi-low adj cusco suspension and I feel that it is getting a little too hard and bumpy for me.
Could I change the springs to make it softer?
Or what else could I do?(Besides changing suspension no budget.)
And some people said changing springs is bad and might dmg the suspension.
????

Last edited:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
yeah it will dmg ur suspension unless you are using back the cusco springs that is for your specific suspension

Last edited by a moderator:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
try change to other brand.... cusco is memang popular for its stiffness and handling performance... if u want comfort, try something else, especially produced locally for local spec.....

Lim Ling Yang

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
But the cusco still quite new and expensive.....
So there is nothing I can do?

Last edited:

pektl

May 6, 2008
bro, you should just replace the springs with tein s-tech soft or medium tension. that should solve your problem. changing the spring will NOT damange the absorber. :)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
bro, you should just replace the springs with tein s-tech soft or medium tension. that should solve your problem. changing the spring will NOT damange the absorber. :)
u sure they are compatible??... as it the tein springs fits cusco coilover suspension??...

Lim Ling Yang

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
So there is really no other way other than changing suspension?

BananaBoyz

Known Member
May 22, 2007
i use cusco hi lo,so hard then i change spring to honda eg spring rear 4pcs...

pektl

May 6, 2008
u sure they are compatible??... as it the tein springs fits cusco coilover suspension??...
you can do a check. measure the cusco free spring length and the diameter of the spring. use it to compare against the tein or any other brands, if its the same, you can use them. :)

by the way i got tein spring for evo 4/5/6 going at SGD$80nett self-collect in Singapore.

Lim Ling Yang

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
So if the size is same I can use softer springs?

pektl

May 6, 2008
yes. you should be able to use the softer spring if the free spring length and the diameter of the spring is the same. cheers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As d subject says I'm planning (stil thinking actually) to DIY plasti dip my car..few things to consider b4 I embark on this journey like color choice n cost mainly...as far as I know (I may b wrong) d dip only comes in spray can form (s sold in mudah etc) n assuming it costs about 70 a can then roughly I wld need about 10-15 cans maybe??or if anyone knows where I might b able to get ones that comes in liter/gallon n how much it costs wld b gr8...

Any form of advice n opinions highly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience