speed limit cut for japan engine

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
Hartge said:
For my car , what i am experiencing in the fuel cut is that , when i drive past 180km/h ...from the speedo , look like 182-183 ...sudenly feel like fuel cut , speed will drop till bout 175km/h and accelerate again.
yea, i tink i just experienced the same thing just now. my meter went past 180 and then suddenly the car lose power so i let go of the fuel and stepped on the clutch. scared the engine later pull the car down lol ;)

so i guess my ecu still go the speed limiter la.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
detomaso_runna said:
howiechoo.....whut car and engine are you using..... mayb your car diff from mitsubishi..... because my car bounce..... so with my fren mivic.... alll i wanna say if the situation is diff from other people then my engine is prob..... but all my fren engine and me are the same..... mitsubishi surely bounce back..... 2micec and 1 4g91.... bounce till 160
i not sure wat engine model..but it's a toyota engine...the engine are on a corolla seg

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
double post..

Last edited:

yusaini

Apr 24, 2006
open ur speedo meter,look for screw label RSW and unscrew it and put back ur speedo meter.i done it at my mitsubishi mivec speedo meter and now there is no limit cut above 180kmh.dont waste ur money on pivot speed meter or any speed limiter.

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
howiechoo said:
i know it dun allow fuel to go in..but it will not behave like this on a normal engine....that's the way it should be...a speed cut will only stay at the highest speed it programmed...it will only deaccelerate but not full deaccelerate and drop to 160km/h like wat u said..btw, if the car manufacture really do it this way, they should close down....a speed cut should be something like cruise control..stay at the highest speed it programmed when u keep on accelerate.....

hehe, seems now got more ppl experinced the same frm me.. :D

neway, i just sharing my own true experience... :D

different engine may react different with different design... :D

or sifu howiechoo wanted to ask mitsubishi close shop? :D

yusaini

Apr 24, 2006
yes kwai,take out the screw and put back ur speedo meter back at ur dashboard or u can call me four detail 017 3949996

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Kwai, I think howiechoo has never sat in a JDM engine and experience speed cut before la...

When the speedcut kicks in at 180km/h... ur engine feels like it gets cut off... feels like u off throttle totally (therefore has a slight jerk)... up to 170-175km/h before the power comes back in (got until 160 so low wan meh? No kua... mine drops to 175 only).

Toyota engine or not... is the same shit when I was in my cousin's 4AG-ZE lar. =Þ

Summore u dunno what model engine u're running on... I suspect probably the stock m'sian built model that doesn't have speed cut... and your car probably already reached its top speed at 180km/h without having any more power to go summore le kua??

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
yusaini said:
yes kwai,take out the screw and put back ur speedo meter back at ur dashboard or u can call me four detail 017 3949996
I'm assuming that would disable the digital speed sensor to send signals to the ECU... i wouldn't recommend that if i were u.... =Þ Coz' for mitsu, the ECU depends on it for tuning on the higher speeds.

yusaini

Apr 24, 2006
| Welcome | About Us | Forums | Merchandise | Gallery | Contact Us | Register Log in
Private Messages (log in to check) FAQ User Groups Events Calendar Your Profile
Search Member List Knowledge Base MMC Registry
View: unanswered posts | posts since last visit | your posts

Events Calendar

Events Calendar
Mon 19 Jun 2006

Tue 20 Jun 2006

Wed 21 Jun 2006

Thu 22 Jun 2006

Fri 23 Jun 2006

Sat 24 Jun 2006

Sun 25 Jun 2006

Board Index » Tech Support » Taking cut-out out of GSR
All times are GMT + 12 Hours

Taking cut-out out of GSR

View previous topic | View next topic

harpa
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:32 pm Post subject: Taking cut-out out of GSR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear that you can take the cut-out out from a GSR only by taking a screw out from behind the dash somewhere??!?

Is this true? If so where is it? Does it damage it in anyway or just make the ride more fun?

evolution
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes this screw takes out the 180km/h speed cut

Take out your dash, look at the back of it and in the middle at the top there is a screw labeled RSW. Take this screw out and no more speed cut
This screw sends the speedo sensor signal to the computer
Taking the screw out doesn't effect anything else at all
I have done this to about 5 mitsi's

SLOGSR
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:02 pm Post subject:

what year is your gsr ?
this only works on the 92-93 models

harpa
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:18 pm Post subject:

yer its a 93

harpa
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:19 pm Post subject:

cheers guys

David.
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:18 pm Post subject:

I have a 1996 Evo 4. How do you take the speed cut out of this?

MAGN1T
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:16 am Post subject:

All you need to do is cut the speed sensor wire at the ECU. This applies to all EFI Mitsis from about '90 onwards

Steve
87Toyota Townace Royal Lounge (for sale)
93 Telstar wagon (for sale)
93 Pajero 6G74 seized(new toy, need space)

skids2
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:17 pm Post subject:

I hope this is for track use?

V R 4
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:07 pm Post subject:

Is there any advantage of taking out the speed cut for just daily driving??

I could imagine it could be an advantage if you were using it on the track or maybe down the strip if your car could reach those speeds.

Josh

Zerolimits
"Nothing But Speed"
"Nothing But Class"
http://www.zerolimits.co.nz - check it out today!

1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Monsterbishi
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:25 pm Post subject:

MAGN1T wrote:
All you need to do is cut the speed sensor wire at the ECU. This applies to all EFI Mitsis from about '90 onwards
Steve

That's the crap way of doing it, which affects moving idle speed control in the process, best way is to interrupt the RSW line.

MMC Member

MAGN1T
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:40 pm Post subject:

You're correct, it does affect the moving idle speed control.
I've found it's not a problem and the speed cut removal has worked trouble free in my car for the last 4 years.
It's a free mod and cars with electronic speedos don't have a screw to remove.

Steve
87Toyota Townace Royal Lounge (for sale)
93 Telstar wagon (for sale)
93 Pajero 6G74 seized(new toy, need space)

David.
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:49 pm Post subject:

So if my evo4 has electronic speedo then there is no screw??? So cutting the wire from the ECU is the only way???

Monsterbishi
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:57 pm Post subject:

David. wrote:
So if my evo4 has electronic speedo then there is no screw??? So cutting the wire from the ECU is the only way???

I'm fairly sure the E4 onwards used a electronic speedo signal, and this leads into the next obvious point, why you'd want to do this?, it's faster than the speed limit for any public road motorsport event that your car could enter, is fast enough for a 11 second 1/4 mile pass, and your tyres will be at their limits speed wise too.

MMC Member

afterburner
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:58 pm Post subject:

Could you not cut the wire then rig a switch so that it can be on when not needed (ie 99.9% of the time), but you could flick the switch and remove the speed cut when required?

I had thought about doing it, but the only place I'd be needing it would be the back straight at Puke...

MMC Member

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

Page 1 of 1

Board Index » Tech Support » Taking cut-out out of GSR