Something Is Wrong With My Os

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
guys,

i just ter-download a virus and managed to remove it. but then, when i restart my pc, there is a window box that says 'couldn't find c:/program' . it seems that it is in my windows registry but i dont have that 'program' folder it my C drive.

anyone can help ? thanks

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
lozo,
use the vcleaner.exe which i've ask u to download from grisoft.com website and then boot up ur system to safe mode and run it to clean.

Now, the real situation here is the program for sure cannot be found in the C drive as it has resides in your registry. Try to remember back the path setting where the virus program you have accidentally installed it. Once u've found it do the steps below:-

(1) Click Run and type REGEDIT and press ENTER.
(2) Click at "Hkey_Local_Machine"
(3) Double click at "Software"
(4) Double click at "Microsoft"
(5) Double click at "Windows"
(6) Search around this area for such program. If not found skip and proceed step 7
(7) Double click at "CurrentVersions" and look for Run, RunOnce, RunOnceEx, RunServices or RunServicesOnce. Look for all possibilities in this section as the program might reside here so whenever ur windows loads up it will also follow suit.

If the above don't work, then look into the services (User running on Win2k, Win2k3 or XP home/pro). To go into this, click at Start button, Run and type services.msc and press enter. You will come to a screen where all services are running. Look for the program or any funny name and stop the services and then follow by disabling it.

If still don't work, go to Start button, click at Run and type "msconfig" and press enter. Look at "startup" section and see whether that virus program are selected or not on the check box. If yes, uncheck it, save it and then restart ur system. Lastly restart ur pc in safe mode and use any available anti virus that u have inside ur system to run a full cleaning.

Regards,
Mike

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...i am looking for a cheap bucket seat to create my own custom gaming seat for my ps3. how cheap can this kind of bucket seat complete with railing will cost for a 2nd hand one? something like the attachment

i dont need a branded one and just need 1 seat. just need it to look like the one on the picture. my budget would be rm300 and below....possible?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience