Skunk 2 EK rear Lower Arm.

koolvibration

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Garage
madman bro....are you sure there are no fake hardrace stuff in the market? (just my2cents)

As advised, i made some research on hardrace products and at first it was all pretty clear at HARDRACE - Performance Suspension Parts until i found out the contact no. to the factory was 00 +886 which i checked in the internet, it was Taiwan country code. Then it bugged me, so i continued searching until i found this website BuyHardRace.com. it was a U.S. site which i could guess it might be the genuine site (hardrace was a U.S. brand afterall). Then i compared the products pictures and designs especially the LCA and i found there is some differences. you could give it a try and check it out.

But who am i to judge. I just wanna share the information i found, so we (as consumers) might not be scammed and conned. I just couldn't agree or believe with those "100% original" words they put out in the ads nowadays.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
at the time of posting yes i was sure... but last i heard hardrace got fakes already... and this was told to me by a friend who is one of the hardrace dealers (whos also a member of this forum)

as for the LCA themselves... hardrace has a new design out already...i was initially thinking of getting them... then i saw a new design and doubted too.... then i confirmed it with my friend... the design with the more longer holes are new design while the round holes are old design

n yes...hardrace factory is in taiwan.

anyway, if ur interested to get hardrace, akuma gave the number to call on the previous page... uncle joe is the official distro for hardrace. the friend i mentioned is also under uncle joe.

koolvibration

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Garage
yeah....that would be great. Uncle joe right? note taken...and thank you very much. Its good to have the consumers stands together...for the sake of our hard earn money....

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
i really doubt the hardrace products from RS One in kepong in those hypertune ads cos I knew that their GAB are not genuine japan GAB.

Madman..

that tung chun sticker on your eg.... very very intimidating :P

Last edited:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
AFAIK,HardRace originally frm TAIWAN!period!now start claiming frm US i haf no idea whose work.idea is dat but definitely not unker Joe...coz he's PISSED!

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i really doubt the hardrace products from RS One in kepong in those hypertune ads cos I knew that their GAB are not genuine japan GAB.

Madman..

that tung chun sticker on your eg.... very very intimidating :P
GAB jepun close shop loooooooonnng ago la... and i read somewhere that RS One took over the branding license for GAB.

i got a friend using the GAB SS for his DC5 n he tracks often...though hes thinking of upgrading.. he is quite happy with the GAB hes using...

and right now, its the only brand id recommend.. especially considering the after sales...hard to beat for the price.. im even thinking of selling my TEIN Flex for GABs hahahahhaa

itu sticker ex-owner kasi taruk hahahaha... where u saw?

AFAIK,HardRace originally frm TAIWAN!period!now start claiming frm US i haf no idea whose work.idea is dat but definitely not unker Joe...coz he's PISSED!
agreed... pity uncle joe... bcoz of misconception ppl start thinking that his products are fake when his is the original....hardrace mmg from taiwan... n US brands oso got manufacture in taiwan..

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
Just to refreshen this topic. I just went to a shop in Seremban, I believe quite popular too la this shop. Quoted them for Hardrace Civic EG products which are:

Front Camber Kit - RM450
Rear Camber Kit - RM230
Rear Toe Kit - RM210
Trailing Arm Bushing - RM230

Quite cheap compared to shops in Sunway. So my question is, how to check if the product is ori or not? Tried to google the information but I find none. I ask the worker at the shop (I guess about 5 times) is the products original or not but he replied confirm original. Haha.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
good question... ive only heard people telling me theres fake hardrace in the market... but no one has ever mentioned how to differentiate them...

makes me wonder if there really is any fake hardrace i the market.

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
I've tried to Google the info, but none found. Quite cheap laa at the shop, but I'm worried that it could be fake. But the price differ RM50 plus minus only laa. Could be they bought large quantity directly from Hardrace, and get cheaper price. Maybe that's why the price is a bit cheap. What say you?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i say possible... but...i would just hentam only man...

the rear kit is cheap though....price including install? mine was RM300 including install

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
Ooo. Bang first regret later laa ni? Hahahahaha. No laa, not include installation. They don't provide installation laa there. Hehe. RM300 include install for which part? Rear camber?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yeah rear camber kit

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
So it is about the same price I guess. Hey, I got the floating nuts for RM100. Haha. Tried to get a little bit more discount but the last price I got at RM100. OK laa. Sunway RM88, but me from Seremban + fuel + toll lagi. Heh.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Made the following mods on my ATR....

- Apexi N1 Evolution exhaust (gives a nice rumble).
- Defi boost gauge
- SARD fuel regulator

This coming Saturday, I will be installing the Blitz i-color boost controller.

Ok, having installed the N1 I believe I have lost a bit of low end making city driving a bit more difficult as I have lost some back pressure which the auto does not seem to like....I'm hoping the boost controller will help with this as it will allow me to set boost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience