Show us your Mitsubishi Airtrek pictures...

aleemy

Oct 16, 2014
Selayang
Been reading this thread for a while, honestly I'm thinking of getting one of this fat ATR . I've been hearing about the fuel consumption issues,but hmm lets put it aside first. Hows the maintenance for this car? I just need a turbo car for now, cant wait any longer, in need of some power lol.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
Been reading this thread for a while, honestly I'm thinking of getting one of this fat ATR . I've been hearing about the fuel consumption issues,but hmm lets put it aside first. Hows the maintenance for this car? I just need a turbo car for now, cant wait any longer, in need of some power lol.
If u concern about FC, its a 1500kg with 2L turbo automatic AWD SUV.. u cant expect to have FC like a 1.6L NA. But there is a way of making it "close" to 1.6L car FC's. By maintaining a good condition and stock condition of the car then reflash the ECU, u could get 450+- km per 40L of 95 RON. u could run better FC on highway if swap to Evo 789 parts. Overall, i had to say its a bit heavy car to tackle a hi speed corner but its a darn good sprinter on highway. with the 1.5 tonne weight, your 160-180kmh cruise feels like 120'ish kmh. and cruising at 120kmh, your RPM is 2k only.

Power wise, there are tonnes of performance parts for airtrek or from evo that can be swap. but there's a limit for the auto trans that tents to slip when u go reach 400hp on wheel and some even before it. Alot of these guys maintain a good 300hp @ the wheels with no problems. Swap to evo's manual GB, your can go till 500hp++.

There are plenty of spec to choose.. starting from 2002 till 2005 for turbo models. but for NA, there are up till 2006/07. feel free to PM me for more info on this sleepy school dad's SUV.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Hi guys! I've bought a set of 4/2 bbk from an evo 8 and now also having problem with wheels offset fitting. can offset 50 clear the bbk on airtrek?
if you have an evo 8 brembo, then the minimum dimension is 17" rim. the offset have to check with the design of the wheel spoke. if the spoke are more curvy on the outside, then a 42 offset is the minimum.. if the spokes are more to the inside, it should be 30 min. if im not mistaken, rims like rota 17" will only fit if u have a thin spacer. better get the rim tested at someone's car..

robix86

Jan 6, 2006
may i know mitsubishi airtrek turbo auto transmission is a 5speed or 4 speed ?

weiye

Jan 26, 2014
Singapore
eh the clutch packs and seals are for the entire gearbox and not the torque converter. The gearbox needs to be opened to replace the clutch and seals. The torque converter replacement is optional. With the clutch and seals replaced, the gearbox would already be very strong. The torque converter is for easier launching and higher stall speed. Another weakness of our transmission is the front (centre) differential so even after rebuild the gearbox with the clutch pack and seals from IPT, advisable to change the front (centre) differential to evo 9RS type. then gearbox is pretty much bullet proof. hope that clarifies!

steven_323f

Known Member
Apr 11, 2010
BM,Pulau Pinang
Upgrade my suspension, BC Racing Type BR.

Love it.

Attachments

steven_323f

Known Member
Apr 11, 2010
BM,Pulau Pinang
Is comfort, good for daily use.

I dont know what the spring rate, just know is BC Racing BR Type (Black & Gold color)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any recommended tow service in Nilai area? Please provide the number of the tow company or operator. Cheers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience