Saturday Night Fever set to Ignite Christmas night at SIC

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

If you’re not expecting to find any naughty Santarinas knocked back on eggnog under your Christmas tree this year, you might want to head on over to Sepang International Circuit for a revival of the iconic 1990’s ‘Saturday Night Fever’ races by Ignition.my.

The preview round of the event will be held on 25 December 2010 following experience gained from an earlier event, the Speed Challenge, co-organised withg RCA of Singapore. The spectacle of night time racing at the North Track of SIC is set to ignite a whole new level of excitement for enthusiasts with some exhilarating viewing for spectators.

Saturday Night Fever has its crosshairs smack on street-tuned cars to run in a five-lap race format consisting of 10 cars at a time.

“We want to fuse elements of ‘Fast & Furious’ with ‘Gran Turismo’ and throw in NASCAR-level entertainment value to create a rich, healthy motorsports entertainment activity for everyone to enjoy.” Ignition.my are looking at a hot-chick car-wash, booming music, booths selling motorsports apparel and accessories, and other forms of entertainment to keep the excitement running till late,” said Adien Yein of Ignition.my.

One of the goals of Saturday Night Fever is to pull in the new breed of drivers to the circuit and get them off the streets. Expect to see some Nissan Silvias, Mitsubishi Evos, Subaru Imprezas battling with the screaming VTEC’s of Honda Civic Type-Rs as well as Toyota Altezzas and some Euro mix with BMWs and Volkswagen Golf GTIs.

“Just like any other sub-culture, the street-racers are misunderstood. They’re grew up racing modified street cars on the computer, and have now grown up and seek a playground. We’re providing it, and hope that they can make the next step to proper circuit and rally racing from here on,” added Adian.

The first three dates for the Saturday Night Fever calendar has already been released, with the first round being this weekend’s 25 December. Next up will be 15 January 2011 before the third round on 5 March 2011. The action will kick off at 7pm and keep going until midnight.

Ticket prices are RM10 for the general area, which includes the mall area and RM30 for paddock and rooftop access which is limited in numbers. The car wash tickets will go for RM10, which allows you to hold the water hose and wet the girls we assume. Parking in the paddock costs RM50 and I limited to just 50 cars.

For more information please log onto www.ignition.my.

nightdrifter

Known Member
Aug 10, 2009
sban
wonder wats on offer at 930pm? but sounds yummy.
as per above description, 9.30pm session is Girls CarWash (LETS GET WET) session

"...car wash tickets will go for RM10, which allows you to hold the water hose and wet the girls we assumed..."

sounds more yummier now???

Last edited:

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
as per above description, 9.30pm session is Girls CarWash (LETS GET WET) session

"...car wash tickets will go for RM10, which allows you to hold the water hose and wet the girls we assumed..."

sounds more yummier now???
sounds even more yummy the way u described it bro :adore:
and which water hose ur talking about? :hmmmm:

darkness3299

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
KL
is there a specific class for cars that enters or anything goes kinda rule? im interested to race hehehe.. it would be wayyy fun that after you finish the race, straight go to the car wash hehehe

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

saw the details of and it already pass the register time. :banghead: any1 of u guys wanna know more, can go to this link.. Saturday Night Fever Series | Ignition.My should have take a look on this earlier hehehe

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

saw the details of and its already pass the register time. :banghead: any1 of u guys wanna know more, can go to this link.. Saturday Night Fever Series | Ignition.My should have take a look on this earlier hehehe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Is this event for race junkies or perverts?...the old BT3 SNF never mixed the 2....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, i own a very old car.. and some of the forummers said i could come here and ask about the suspension. i want to lower my car abit but am worried that the suspension wont fit..
can you check if it can for me?
my car is a 1.6 mitsubishi celeste 1975-1979
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience