Brief Shots: Saturday Night Fever Round 1 - Jan 15 2011

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

The Saturday Night Fever, a resurrection of the iconic weekly series in the 1990s at the now defunct Batu Tiga Circuit. The SNF will be held almost every Saturday night of the month at Sepang and features a half-circuit, 10-car per 5 lap race for aspiring racers. This being their actual Round 1 since their preview last December saw massive participation from souped-up local produced hatches, ex-endurance race cars and a number of current JDMs.

The SNF also features multiple on-going activities such as an arena for dancing pit lane ladies that'll do a wet wash for RM100 a car, exhibition booths and all-night music . The event starts 7 in the evening and ends late with tickets going for RM10 for general access and RM30 for paddocks.

Event organizer, Ignition.my says: "It's not just a speedfest either. We want to fuse elements of 'Fast & Furious' with 'Gran Turismo' and throw in NASCAR-level entertainment value to create a rich, healthy motorsports entertainment activity for everyone to enjoy. We're looking at a hot-chick car-wash, music, booths selling motorsports apparel, and other forms of entertainment to keep the excitement running till late!"

Even TimeToAttack regular, Ari, a pilot by day can be seen flying low along the main straights

APD's lead mascot at the SNF

A veteran from the South, Kesavamoorthy from Ayyavu Jr. Racing Team with his DC5 race car

Clement Yeo sporting one of the best examples of a JDM hatch - The EK9

DC2 not deprived from track action

A matte-wrapped 996 GT3

Not your everyday Vios

Desmond Yee from N1 made his first appearance at the TTA after years of sabbatical from the circuit and continues to shine at the SNF

More VAGs seem to be heading to the circuit lately

Jon Teo and his legendary Evo

Pictures by Axxell

Attachments

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
when t next SNF..

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Is it true to be weekly? Waa my frustration of BTSC defunct is getting healed. Nice effort Mr. Organizers!!:adore:
Dude,

go to the link I posted. it's mentioned in the article the next round will be 5th of March.

It's not going to be weekly. We are organising it at least once every 2 months.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

RISI COMPETIZIONE RACE TO AN HISTORIC WIN AT SEBRING

Sebring, Florida - On Saturday night, March 17th, Jaime Melo, the driver for the RisiCompetizione No. 62 Ferrari 430GT (Salo/Melo/Mowlem) delivered the most exciting last lap in the history of the 12 Hours of Sebring in the 55th running of the Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring, when he took Risi Competizione car home to a .202 second GT2...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience