Satria Neo vs Swift Sports

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Hoho.... I just gotten a chance to test out my colleague's Swift Sports 5MT manual. His swift is slightly modded in handling department, with upgraded springs and 16" RE001 tyres. I am using stock and 17" Kumho KU31 tyres (vastly inferior...lol).

Straight line wise, no fight.... The Swift simply kick the Neos a.s.s....

But the surprise comes in the handling. I do expect the Swift to be superior considering the upgraded springs and tyres as well as its a swift sports (its already using better suspension).

But the answer is Neo wins...... I am able to hit higher speeds at corners, controlling the Neo even its sliding. OK, I am definitely more used to the Neo but how the Neo hugs the road and controlled body roll is really superior.

This is double confirmed by my colleague who originally wanted to buy a Neo but opt for the Swift instead (as he doesn't like the interior of the Neo as well as the badge).

No doubt the badge wise, Neo is not that fantastic (its afterall just a Proton). But to those who can appreciate it, its really a wonderful little car.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Btw, one major thing about the Neo's suspension is that it has a multilink for the rear which is extremely rare for a car of this size and this price.

Be it Swift, Jazz etc... you will most likely be looking at the usual torsion beam rather than more advance multilink suspension. This is perhaps one area why Lotus tuned really makes a difference.

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
actually KU31 isn't that bad, it just that they need more slip angle to get it to grip

stevenseahkl

From Facebook
Sep 26, 2010
www.facebook.com
agree onn the handling of NEO... what a pleasant surprise. Engine/trans sucks. Upgrading to BOT will be expensive, but I think worth it. ANy neo on BOT I can test run on before I pay the big bucks for the upgrade?

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
agree onn the handling of NEO... what a pleasant surprise. Engine/trans sucks. Upgrading to BOT will be expensive, but I think worth it. ANy neo on BOT I can test run on before I pay the big bucks for the upgrade?
don't BOT ur campro unless u have plan to sell it within 1 or 2 years, look at new CFE engine spec & see proton have change pretty much everything to make it able to handle boost, and that is just for a small boost

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
Be it Swift, Jazz etc... you will most likely be looking at the usual torsion beam rather than more advance multilink suspension. This is perhaps one area why Lotus tuned really makes a difference.
let me add. Myvi, Alza and Vios also use torsion beam..cheaper option for car manufacturer..even Civic Euro type R also use torsion beam if i not mistaken..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Thats why Cusco Japan use the Satria Neo instead of their domestic Suzuki Swift.. Lotus handling. Still, I don't like the ergonomics of the Satria Neo myself.

dinmsab

Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
To compare the swift sport against the Neo in terms of power is quite unfair consider the 40k difference between the prices of the cars. :P

If you compare it with the regular 1.6 auto swift then things start to make more sense. ;)

One thing that bugs me to no end about the swift is that you could never get the regular swift with manual transmission. Such a pity really.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Neo BOT around 8k.... pretty worth it I would say. CamproTurbo is pretty reliable from what I have read from the users.

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
neo is not that slow if you mod it correctly.. i'm not saying after modding you can beat the swift outright.. just that it would take a long stretch for the swift to beat the neo comfortably.. but then again if they were to go thru some twisties, the modded neo could come out on top.. :burnout:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i am always having problem when i am idling..and the engine stops.. so i think its because of the Air fuel ratio prob..
anyone can tell me where to adjust as i am nt so sure where is screw is..
still very naive in this kinda thing..

thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience