Satria Neo CPS problem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
mine jerking without the lights..usually 2 jerks..

but the sound when rpm hits 6k kinda weird..i just send my car to SC, already told them about this, will get my car by today..i asked the proton guy about the jerking problem whether any other customer complain about tht, he said no complain so far..then he advise me to "jgn renjan2" the car because CPS engine is very sensitive..
HUH??? Why cannot lenjan? CSP maaaa must lenjan!!!! Sensitive connot~ i have an insensitive right foot and a twitchy left foot how?

Bump:
Haha then ur case same like mine....which can categorised as "Serious Case"!!!
Waaaa serious case ka? Hmmm..... then I should get it in to the SC quick. Damn...have to find the number you gave earlier.

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
Haha...bro the no is 03-8026 2100

Bump: Yalo....the cps engine canot lenjan then wat for they put CPS at 4500 rpm for neo?

Bump: Yalo....the cps engine canot lenjan then wat for they put CPS at 4500 rpm for neo?

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
Haha...bro the no is 03-8026 2100
No thanks to I-Care. I asked for the guy En. Amin and the girl on the other line insist that I send in to SC first to get it checked. Bloody hell I know what is wrong with my car leeee.....
Looks like i'll drop by the SC tomorrow morning and make sure they solve my problem in one day.

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
i sent my car to glenmarie..
Bro, little advise......dun go glenmarie la....go directly to COE..
Glenmarie is just waste of time ony....

Exp : tell them a problem previously then said my engine mounting rosak....then go COE, confirm no rosak.....waste time ony and no experience too..

borzoi

Jul 20, 2009
still the same..they said they dont know what it was..maybe it is cause by the balance of fuel and air during intake..i even took the mechanic on my car and test the jerking part with him.. still no solution..:hmmmm: i talked to proton guys, he said this is the first time the encountered neo CPS having this problem..he suggest me to set another appointment and this time with the technician from HQ.. what do you think>

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
still the same..they said they dont know what it was..maybe it is cause by the balance of fuel and air during intake..i even took the mechanic on my car and test the jerking part with him.. still no solution..:hmmmm: i talked to proton guys, he said this is the first time the encountered neo CPS having this problem..he suggest me to set another appointment and this time with the technician from HQ.. what do you think>
Borzoi,

It's ECU problem....guess the technician from HQ will be Encik Mohammad..

Sure they said this is the first time they encountered this prob? How bout mine when i sent to them for my 1k service....bodoh punya orang...

andrew lsp

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
may i ask what engine oil do they use on your cps engine? (xw-xx)???

Bump: may i ask what engine oil do they use on your cps engine? (xw-xx)???

Bump: may i ask what engine oil do they use on your cps engine? (xw-xx)???

borzoi

Jul 20, 2009
Borzoi,

It's ECU problem....guess the technician from HQ will be Encik Mohammad..

Sure they said this is the first time they encountered this prob? How bout mine when i sent to them for my 1k service....bodoh punya orang...
another appointment..need to leave my car for one day..hopefully mine will be better..

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
Haha...hopefully it will ony takes one day.....

Last time it tooks me about one week, but apart from the hassle & waiting...i got a retunned / remapped ECU :)

borzoi

Jul 20, 2009
Haha...hopefully it will ony takes one day.....

Last time it tooks me about one week, but apart from the hassle & waiting...i got a retunned / remapped ECU :)
hopefully la..soo lazy to go to SC..

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
may i ask what engine oil do they use on your cps engine? (xw-xx)???
a few cps owners said SC will use 10w-30.. syntium 800 is meant for small cc cars.. but some useless SC will still pour in Mach 5 :banghead:

but if u service outside of course got a lot more choices..

samiaz

Known Member
Jan 7, 2006
I just want to voice my opinion after reading this thread, even though there are two Protons currently being used in my family, I'm utterly disappointed with Proton, being an automotive engineer student in the UK and currently doing my training in an engineering company in the UK as well, I’m honestly embarrassed with my mates over here when it comes to Proton (especially after the Top Gear ‘excellent’ review of Neo and Myvi). I’m not complaining about Perodua though, since they simply re-badged a car. Now, straight to the point, both cars below are performance orientated and have a 125hp engine:-

Satria Neo CPS retail price around RM60k – that is the amount of money Proton charged for the R&D, manufacture, Quality Control etc. of this car

For comparison

Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 currently priced in the UK for around 11k pound = RM63k-66k (depends on the exchange rate – that is the amount of money Suzuki charged for the R&D, manufacture, Quality Control if this car. Im not going to use the price in Malaysia because it has a ‘stupendous’ tax:thefinger: imposed on it. For those who doesn’t know about this car’s performance check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Swift or a review by JC http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article664487.ece

Up to this point – Im sure you don’t have to be a genius to realise that we’ve been ripped off? Agree?

To add more, I’ve seen the Swift it in a showroom even though I’ve never driven, the built quality and the amount of extras (including 17inch wheels) is way better than my Satria Neo H-line manual (I assume the quality is similar to Neo CPS). And performance-wise, I’ve read in numerous magazines and none of them complained about the car. One magazine (Evo Uk) even did a long-term test – test drive a brand new car for 6 months and evaluate them every month. The evaluations include the running costs, fuel consumption and of course the reliability of the car. Completely no problems within the 6monts test – nothing like experienced by u guys for Neo CPS in just days!

I know Suzuki is well established and has a lot of funding from their owner. But after more than 20years? Come on Proton. Don’t get me wrong - I’m not blaming the engineers, I’m actually proud with them to come up with so many technologies – their own engine (Campro,Campro CPS), own chassis, own manufacturing plant, prototypes engines :- V6, campro turbo, electric engine, etc. Even with the help from Lotus, what the engineers have achieved are very impressive. But the bottom line is, its up to the management to give full support to the engineers in terms of funding and the green light to do what they’ve developed.

In conclusion, the 200% tax for imported cars that have been imposed by our ‘Malaysia Boleh’:banghead: government has forced us Rakyat to buy Protons and Peroduas. This has led to successful sales for both of the Malaysian car manufacturers thus more money to their CEOs and bosses ie the management. Having the Malaysian car market in their hand with no healthy competition from other car manufacturers (naik lemak dah), there is point for Proton(or I might say the managementss) to improve their current products and innovation seems to be on hold. So guys, who to blame? the Government? Proton management? Proton engineers? Hmmm..

TORNADO82

Jan 2, 2009
Hi all,

I got my Neo CPS 2 weeks back.. after long await (3 1/2 months) and after cursing proton people (mainly my salesman)... they keep on promising me from a date to another to another to anoter... and at the end of the day. i changed my salesman.. and finally i got my CPS.

This are my list of complaints..

1. My sit belt indicator are not on when im not using my sit belts
2. weird sounds coming from my bonnet... as if the Boot Board is banging on my boot.(it's sounds like 30 years old car bein driving)
3. jerking 2 times in my 3 & 4th gear
4. lack of power... my 3rd gear cant climb 25-35 degree slope.
5. my drivers window is making sound as if it's vibrating... (u know the kind of sound u get when u max ur audio... but in my case no need to switch on the radio u can hear the window sound)

guess that's all my complaints...I'm going to service my 1k one of this days.. can somebody advice me where's the best place to go.. and is there any SC which open after office hours / weekend. it's kinda hard for me to get leave la now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What's rarer than a car, only two in the world, made for a lady of the royal family? Why it's the Bentley State Limousine! The Bentley State Limousine was commissioned to Queen Elizabeth II in 2002 for her Golden Jubilee. It's rarer than the Rolls-Royce Phantom IV, of which just 18 were built for royalty and heads of state. The Bentley State Limousine is stored in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience