RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Inline 4 is the majority of cars in Malaysia today. The next most available one is the v6, anything larger is quite rare la.

So the inline 4 test probably would be relevant to most people. The only thing is all 4 candidates are old cars with just the Inspira/Lancer and Sylphy being the newest but both share too much similarities to be a fair comparison. What I'd like to see is a Preve CFE, Myvi, Volvo, Vios, etc. More variety!
The most common V6 should be 6A12 Perdana...

But isn't it that you have 2 Myvi yourself?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If u guys can get a neo cps then it could be interesting to see the actual dyno result as i really want to know the output esp when the cps mechanism triggers.from my exp the cps triggers in a more agressive manner and chases the redline in a more brutal way when using ron97.not to say that it kick in like a vtec but it feels more alive.

Cars u can rule out are
-kenari
-pajero lo47
-merc w124 200
-blm
-wira 1.5
Honestly i dont feel anything at all using ron97 on all the above car.i have to agree its my but dyno result but at least on the neo cps the rev is more eager tu race towards the redline when the cps mechanism trigger.

With my 1.8 waja,ron97 suit it the best esp for high speed cruising as the engine is a lot more compose and does not feel like 'wanting'.probably the mileage is high at 186k km.not to say that the engine produce more power using ron97.

On the pajero,i had to adjust the ignition in order to feel the different.sure there is improvement as i can push the ignition further without worrying about knocking.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just finished my 1st full tank of 97 in >2 weeks, with as smooth driving as I can with a little bit of traffic jam. I got about 697km for about 63ltrs of fuel so 11km/ltr. Still just about the same as when I used 95, might be just a tad better but not conclusive enough yet.

Next full tank will drive a bit hard to see if can feel any difference in power. Then the next full tank after that will drive economically again to see if improve FC further. Will keep you guys posted once done.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If u guys can get a neo cps then it could be interesting to see the actual dyno result as i really want to know the output esp when the cps mechanism triggers.from my exp the cps triggers in a more agressive manner and chases the redline in a more brutal way when using ron97.not to say that it kick in like a vtec but it feels more alive.

Cars u can rule out are
-kenari
-pajero lo47
-merc w124 200
-blm
-wira 1.5
Honestly i dont feel anything at all using ron97 on all the above car.i have to agree its my but dyno result but at least on the neo cps the rev is more eager tu race towards the redline when the cps mechanism trigger.

With my 1.8 waja,ron97 suit it the best esp for high speed cruising as the engine is a lot more compose and does not feel like 'wanting'.probably the mileage is high at 186k km.not to say that the engine produce more power using ron97.

On the pajero,i had to adjust the ignition in order to feel the different.sure there is improvement as i can push the ignition further without worrying about knocking.
U banyak kaya leh bro...so many cars LOL!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
U banyak kaya leh bro...so many cars LOL!
Let me add another one..my old and trusty honda ex5 hi-power.

No..not my car.all those are rides within my family.
Its just that we swap ride every now and then.so i get to test this and that about each car.
If i were to run ron95 vs ron97 and properly rcd the detail then sire i will be koyak to fuel all of them.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Its just that we swap ride every now and then.so i get to test this and that about each car.
If i were to run ron95 vs ron97 and properly rcd the detail then sire i will be koyak to fuel all of them.
Yala was thinking, if u fuel all of them....wah sei...RM1K + at least haha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Big and close knitted family you have. Good thing. Almost like my own family. Have several cars but I've only driven half of them.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu. im going to change my rim soon. i like to put bronze color or black color rim that suit my grey Wira. i have an idea to change my stock Proton wira into the below rim :

-Advan racing rgii that made in Taiwan ( Bronze color ) ( just like the below image that i upload )
-Volk Racing CE28N that i found in Kota Tinggi ( designed by Japan but made in Taiwan ) ( Bronze also, picture that i upload below )
-Lenso Project D ( Black color ) ( below 2 picture )
- Work...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience