Robbery & Kidnap: What Will You Do?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Since the Royal Malaysian Police is classifying attempted kidnapping as robbery, Marketeer fights off abductors I think latest fad among both aspiring and seasoned criminals right now is robberies and kidnappings, question is, what would you do if you witness this?

Would you take immediate action?
Would you call the police or security?
Would you pretend they are filming and walk away?

I am very impressed by our Police, no wonder our Police Force say statically Malaysia is safe, because they classify attempted kidnapping as robbery, robbery as petty theft and so on. For a moment I thought they were politicians.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Kidnapping as robbery? Aren't both of them are separate cases? Unless they are talking about robbing people's virginity then...
:hmmmm2:

Would call the police. We got to take action together as one, a lot of us tend to just stand and stare...
that's the problem with us *sigh*
:frown:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
IMHO,my advice to my family member (women particularly)...i do insist they carry a wallet/purse...no need fancy fancy handbag...handbag are snatch thieves magnet...i dont understand why women need handbag in the first place...all they put inside are practically junk...make up and more make up...

with the current situation i force my wife to carry a can of mace/pepper spray in her handbag and 1 in her car...a can of mace is absolutely more useful than make ups in time like this...you certainly didnt have time to powder your nose when being hold at knife point isn't it...

and please husband/brother or whoever...please accompany your love ones...dont be so carefree...thinking everything gonna be fine everytime...

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think its very hard to defend yourself when it comes down to that due to the element of suprise. Even if your a national gold medalist boxer, you get your ass beaten if you are ambushed and assaulted.

National boxer knocked out flat in brawl

A lot of times the victim is ambushed.. so its really very hard. The only way is to tighten the law -- e.g. 5 to 10 years of jail, whipping. For kidnapping, life imprisonment with whipping. And also for the people to help each other..

If I see with my own eyes that a robbery or kidnapping is taking place, sorry for whoever's car I'm driving I will run the culprits over. In court I will just say I panic and was afraid and didn't know what to do and I fear for the victim's safety. After all I am not a trained professional, I am just a citizen going to the aid of another citizen.

I would call the police and but I won't wait for them to take action. Imagine if your loved ones were the victim of a kidnapping. And the passerby told you he called the police instead and just look. Instead of using his car to blockade the criminal in. Which you prefer he have done?

So if you expect people to help your loved ones, then you should also extend your assistance when other people are in need of help. If everybody also expect others to help, but don't wish to help others, how la? That being said you must practice sound judgement, if the criminals have guns then you just wait for the police to handle it, after all its death sentence for them, if they get caught. Our police more efficient at catching you driving and talking on the phone than serious criminals, lol.

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
last year i witness a snatch thieves, 4 of them trying to ragut another resident
while i was on my way out at 6am from my apartment with my family. while i always tell my wife
& kids to enter the car 1st then i will load the bags into the boot. although there was a baseball bat there
but im unable to do anything as i think the safety of my family 1st.

but if the person kena ragut was 1 of my family members it would be a different ball game,
i would take all 4 of them with my bare hands.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
last year i witness a snatch thieves, 4 of them trying to ragut another resident
while i was on my way out at 6am from my apartment with my family. while i always tell my wife
& kids to enter the car 1st then i will load the bags into the boot. although there was a baseball bat there
but im unable to do anything as i think the safety of my family 1st.

but if the person kena ragut was 1 of my family members it would be a different ball game,
i would take all 4 of them with my bare hands.
ram them with the car? :smokin:
but yes, practice sound judgement, there were 4 of them and they could have panic and used violence on the victim and on your family.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No need to give face to these low life b******...they don't deserve to live anyway since they are not making good use of their
life. Thinking of just sitting at home and rob of people's hard earn money...rob is one thing, nowadays they are getting more violent
by knocking down their victim 1st. Injured them till they can't fight back and then rob.

Not sure if anyone seen the latest news of an Aunty getting rob somewhere near Jusco, Cheras area. God knows what they use
to hit the aunty's head. Whole shirt full of blood.

So, if these rubbish have no pity and show no mercy to innocent people, why should we care much about hurting them?
Sometimes is true that at certain time that it will be too late to wait for the police, really just ram them over is the best thing
we can do, rather than going in with our barehands while they are having daggers or any weapons with them.

Once everyone is united and willing to help one another when one is in trouble, the world would be a better place. Instead most
people love the song "Stop and Stare" by One Republic...:banghead:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
That made me wonder, where can we get mace/pepper spray in Malaysia? Would definitely buy those for my gf and family members..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
That made me wonder, where can we get mace/pepper spray in Malaysia? Would definitely buy those for my gf and family members..
Ace Hardware sells it.

end of the day.. we have to help each other lah. the latest curve story 2 culprits attack a single lady.. you got mace also hard to defend yourself when its 2 hands vs 4 hands... plus men are *usually* physically stronger than women.

V6TT86

Known Member
Jan 20, 2008
Subang Jaya
Nowdays paper spray is easy to get but what if the bad guy had a helmet covering his face? Will it work? Or what if the bad guy is using a paper spray instead to knock down the victim?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Kidnapping must use a vehicle that can carry at least 2 persons. Normally will be at least a 4 doors sedan or van so that can squeeze in the victim quickly. If I see it, I'll just start my car and look for a chance to make their car lost control. Example like pushing them on 1 side of the wheel (if they drive a van or MPV), or overtake their car (normal car) and cut in then slam emergency brake to destroy their radiator so that their car will overheat and fail to run further. This will force them to abandon the victim for self escaping. Of cause, you don't know if they have plan B or plan C, so after successfully disable their car, just keep on back and forward and ram/push it until there are plenty people stop and see wtf is happening. When report to police, just said you got accident and panic then you can't remember anything after the 1st contact.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Best self-defense weapon for either male/female, is our car key, hold one of it in between of our fingers while walking to our car.
Don't look down on it, it is so sharp that my friend tried slashing on water melon before, can totally slice that thing...

U will know how to use it :biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how to tuned...because my rpm to low...about below 500..... :huh: ....help me... :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience