Handphone robbery scam. PLS READ!

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
This was an e-mail sent by my ex classmate.

Dear Friends,

I want to share with you my horrible experience. This is happening frequently nowadays. Please alert your family & friends.

It happen on 7 September 2005, a guy with the name "Mr. Lui" called my office in the afternoon and claims that he knows our director and spoke to her before this. He insists that his director is interested to buy our software and want to have a meeting at KLCC on that day itself. They are from Singapore and will fly back after today. When I tell him I will bring my colleague along to the meeting, he stated that he only reserve four seats in the coffee shop for his boss, himself, his wife and me, ask me to come alone for a short discussion. Well, he asked me to bring along my software catalogue and wait him in front of Giordano, KLCC at 2:30pm. I rush down to KLCC and called him when I reached Giordano. He made me wait a while and then requested for me to go Isetan, Estee Lauder counter, his wife is buying something over there. Again, I went to Estee Lauder counter. Later, Mr. Lui came and approach me alone without his wife and boss around. After we met up, he was telling me about our boss and he knew our boss is not in the country and ask me to send his regards. He sounds like he knew my boss very well, so i didn't actually suspect anything.

He then brought me to Shrooms café shop and we ordered drinks. Then I asked him where is his wife and his boss, he said they are still shopping and will join us later. When we are about to start our conversation, a lady called to my mobile phone and said that she is Mrs. Lui and she can't contact her husband, asking me whether I'm with him and wanted to talk to him. Then I passed the phone to Mr. Lui, he told me that his wife was lost in KLCC and his phone is out of battery. He needs to find his wife somewhere in KLCC, then he carry my mobile phone to find his wife. He left his bag and an envelope on the table and will be back in 5 minutes time. I wait there for about 30 minutes and he didn't turn up after that. Things didn't seem right and I was worried. I got help from the waiter at Shrooms café to ring my phone but my phone was OFF! I then brought his bag and the envelope he left on the table and have to even pay for the bill.

I suspect he is a thief and worry he will do something else with my phone. I went to report to KLCC security guard and they seem helpless more so hopeless. I am so disappointed and have to call to block my phone line immediately. When I opened the envelope, it is just another empty envelope in it and the bag contains a stone wrap with newspapers. In fact, the bag is padlocked that I can't open immediately in the coffee shop. Everything is planned, and he has done research on company background before he approached the victim. I was so sad that I was conned. Thank god, I just lost my mobile phone but all my contacts are in the phone, so I don't know who is next. Anyhow I have lodged a police report. PLS PASS THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE IN YOUR LIST. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. There are still a lot of victims out there. Pls be extra careful especially those who have to meet customer. DON'T BORROW YOUR MOBILE PHONE TO ANYONE! Below is the photo of the bag & the envelope the thief left. Notice that the bag is padlocked so that you can't open it on the spot.
REMEMBER TO FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO ALERT YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS HORRIBLE TRICK!! Take care friend!

the pics are below:

http://flypicture.com/bin/?id=pdj1kak=

http://flypicture.com/bin/?id=pdj1kas=

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Both also stupid.

- The victim was stupid enough to let a stranger have his phone number just like that, at the beginning.

- The victim believed that bullshit story without calling his boss to check first, and then some more, head down to KLCC to meet that fuckhell thief.

- The victim was stupid enough to let the fuckhell thief take his handphone just like that.

- The thief is stupid to go through so much trouble just to take someone's hand phone.

- The victim was stupid enough to leave the bag and envelope behind. It can be used for finger print dusting.

Learn a lesson. Don't trust anybody. If you have to trust somebody, be smart. Else, don't trust at all. Peace out, y'all.

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Yeah heard this before. Similar modus operandi but different story. :D A guy trying to find his wife, leaving something on the table, then ran off with new hp. :D

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
yuh_woei said:
Ask that guy to eat the stone/rock he left inside the bag.
NO. Use the stones to smash all his fingers and then make him eat the mushy flesh and the stone. :mad:

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
i personally think the thief is "un-professional", why? just because u want to steal a handphone, u need to involve 3 ppl? his wife, his boss and himself? come on la, if really keng ah, he would just snatch the hp away while she didn't notice at all! this is like some kind of training for thief or wat?sigh....

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
headache said:
NO. Use the stones to smash all his fingers and then make him eat the mushy flesh and the stone. :mad:
headache so violent. hehehehe

I'd tie up the thief to a concrete column. Ensure that his head is also tied. Then I'll hold the stone in my hand very nicely while wearing a thick industrial glove, stand at correct distance, stretch my hand far back, give it one full hard swing towards the front and smash the stone right between the thief's eyes as hard as I can. Then hear the sound of CRACK! There goes one useless coconut with red juice.

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
it's not edited. my friend was the victim and she sent it to me.

Grim>>>

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
here's a twist to the story...

same type of con... but imagine it being done by a person you know but have not met for a very long time....

this happened to my best friend.

the so called "old buddy" saw him... did the story (the con job)... then took off with his phone...

now my best friend looking for "old buddy" father!
its an urban legend/scam

if stranger.... shit happens... your "old buddy".... who the F#%k can you trust nowadays

NEXT

carefull when direct sellers come to your table.... your phone will be gone as you say no to them....

916EK

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Visit site
this is old story
the guy shld be FAT, and look like indian.
alot of young designer seeking partime jobs kena with this guy before.

well.. old phone dun go, new phone won't come

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last year I had the opportunity to detail this church van, as prepared her to transport VIPs, but a year later.... but the interior need to be detail….. exterior still looks great ..thanks to the Transportation team

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2009/08/polishing-van.html

Reason being heavily used for transportation & so huge to look after....

Reason being fequently used & so large to care for...i have fequents...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience