Road Kill : What hav u run over

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
No one intentionally runs over animals with their cars la suprafan. So why feel guilty? I've hit a bird or an eagle.. not sure which, it had a large wingspan... it did a low pass flyby on the highway and I could see in my rear mirror that it was dead on the road. I really hope it wasn't an eagle.

My friend killed a monkey. Had hair, blood, bones and disgusting stuff stuck to his grill.

Just a note, I've attended numerous safety driving courses and they all teach that if you have to choose between an animal and personal safety, choose the animal. 99% of the time emergency braking will result in some sort of bad situation - the rear car might rear end you, side cars might jam their brakes too and cause a chain reaction accident, etc.

Imagine you drive along a quiet highway at night and you suddenly see an animal on the road. You swerve to avoid and startle the car next to you and they jam brake or get into an accident killing the passengers on board. You save the animal but kill humans.

Or you swerve and lose control of your car and turn turtle killing or maiming the people in your car including yourself.

Not worth it. Normally these sort of things happens on the highway and usually it's too late to avoid. If you have to, run over the animal. It's safer.
If kerbau then different story liao.........

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
My uncle slammed into a monkey one fine morning while on his way to work with his cupchai. He lost control and broke his ankle, and was hospitalized for a week and $20k damage on medical.

I myself did ran into a few creatures mostly at night with poor visibility. I feel guilty every time. So it makes me more alert and look out for signs of danger every time I'm behind the wheel expecting the unexpected.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No one intentionally runs over animals with their cars la suprafan. So why feel guilty? I've hit a bird or an eagle.. not sure which, it had a large wingspan... it did a low pass flyby on the highway and I could see in my rear mirror that it was dead on the road. I really hope it wasn't an eagle.

My friend killed a monkey. Had hair, blood, bones and disgusting stuff stuck to his grill.

Just a note, I've attended numerous safety driving courses and they all teach that if you have to choose between an animal and personal safety, choose the animal. 99% of the time emergency braking will result in some sort of bad situation - the rear car might rear end you, side cars might jam their brakes too and cause a chain reaction accident, etc.

Imagine you drive along a quiet highway at night and you suddenly see an animal on the road. You swerve to avoid and startle the car next to you and they jam brake or get into an accident killing the passengers on board. You save the animal but kill humans.

Or you swerve and lose control of your car and turn turtle killing or maiming the people in your car including yourself.

Not worth it. Normally these sort of things happens on the highway and usually it's too late to avoid. If you have to, run over the animal. It's safer.
Ya, usually and logically yes is safer to run over an animal but then deep inside of us, for sure by nature, we would try to avoid most of the time, natural instincts and reflexes.

Just like Eric said, if it is a Kerbau, you wouldn't want to hit it directly because you know you will be seriously hurt. Unlike Chicken, birds or smaller animals. Some would just "Oops!" but if is a Kerbau "SHIT!!!"

That's the difference. Depending on the risk level. But then especially on Highway, ya at that kind of speed, is hard to avoid at times, even a Kerbau just run out in front of u, is more like pray for your life and hope for the best.

But ya, got your point, but highway can be forgiven, but not housing area. Not suppose to speed at all in Housing area or a tight narrow road.

My uncle slammed into a monkey one fine morning while on his way to work with his cupchai. He lost control and broke his ankle, and was hospitalized for a week and $20k damage on medical.

I myself did ran into a few creatures mostly at night with poor visibility. I feel guilty every time. So it makes me more alert and look out for signs of danger every time I'm behind the wheel expecting the unexpected.
Ya man, still human, will still feel guilty as hell. Unless got 1 cold blooded fellow that I know. He drives a 4x4, my bro in law's ex-boss. Ran over stray dogs that is in his way. He said they are
pest. :mad:

How on earth such monster even exist. But then karma hit back at him. He stopped doing that after he had a dog but then, his business was so bad that, from rich goes back to poor. He divorced his wife for a mistress when he was rich. Now sooner or later he will have nth left.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think it'd be easier to spot a cow than a smaller animal?
Eh, true also hahahaha! :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Black cow on a dark road?
True also....:hmmmm: Oh well...

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007

Bingo, thumbs up to the season driver. I was about to reply but then on a second thought ah to each their own. I'm sure the majority of the drivers here are not intentionally when they ran over an animal or alike so that basically I believe answer your question supra one way or another.:driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Thanks for sharing.
But sometimes it is reflex action that we do emergency brake or something.....

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Like that might as well make it damn near impossible la. Why go small?

black cow on a dark road with no lights and broken headlights driving a black tinted car and using sun glasses
Wearing sunglasses at night is just asking for trouble on their own....:hmmmm:
Need mental help.

Near impossible would be, have u ever run over an ant on purpose? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Wearing sunglasses at night is just asking for trouble on their own....:hmmmm:
Need mental help.

Near impossible would be, have u ever run over an ant on purpose? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i forgot which year of raya...i'm stuck in traffic jam at kuala pilah+heavy downpour...with so many idiot using hid on stock halogen lamp or senile old man driving with high beam all the time, i've resorted to wear sunglasses at that night while driving......not to mention those other car with failed headlight adjustment (including stock maibi and stock alja with saggy rear suspension)

but not that 99% dark type la...mine is the rayban with minimal tinting.....hence now i always keep my dual lense glasses for night driving...or simply replace the yellow lense for black lense on sunny day :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Detailien Hives Presenting You will be amazed by proton (show room finish)

You will be amazed

this is one of the many many Exora we coated at the beginning of the year

and the things is when it is not handled properly

Aftermuch delay of 2 years to my church friend
finaly when our hives is up, she was called in

upon arrival

more...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience