Road Kill : What hav u run over

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Lets share story of u guys about road kill. Any animal big or small u have run over?

I'll start.

1.Adult cat
Was traveling at 110kmh on a straight road between Kuala Pilah and Selaru. No houses on either side of the road. Left side is hill and right side is a rubber plantation, what could possible ran across the road right? Nothing at least at 8 am. At least that is what i think when out of the bush on the right hand side a brown cat runs across the road. I was approaching a quite sharp left bend, i slam the brake but decided to let go the brake as i might spins on the corner. down goes the cat, "thub, thub, thub, thub" that is the only sound i heard as the cat took a wild ride under my car. I can feel the cat hitting my undercarriage.
I even see the cat in my side mirror still tumbling before i take the corner. On my way back i slowed down and found no carcass and no blood on the road.

2.2 kitten
1 kitten was run over flat by me during hari raya. i was trying to find a friends house in a kampung road and i need to turn around as i already drive passed his house. I did see the kitten playing so i stop.Once i see it on the side of the road i continue my u turn maneuver and when i look at my side mirror there it is lying flat on the road...poor kitten
another kitten was ran over on the head when i was reversing my car.the kitten was sitting in the engine bay and jump down when i reverse. I am sure there is nothing under the car as i look underneath before i reverse.

4.Burung tiong
This is the normal tiong, not tiong mas or tiong batu. Last time i always cruise at 90kmh at a particular road and all the bird are able to fly away from the middle of the road when i approach.That day i went 100kmh and thinking that the bird can fly away. I was wrong, one hit one the left bumper, one on the headlight, another on the front windscreen. After that i always slow down below 90kmh when there are birds on the road.

5.Burung walit
U know that last time burung walit business was on the rise. My route took me past few of these bird house. These birds are agile and can almost turn 90 degree while flying. They seems to play with vehicle driven on the road, approaching them at speed and dodging at the last minute. That is not the case of this one particular bird as it embark on a spiral pattern infront of me and when i thought it will break away, it continue. "Thup" it hit my car, wedge on the wiper blade. Died on the spot.

6.2 Squirrel.
Just like cat but the squirrel died because both of them decided to ran back across the road.

I must say i am lucky to not run over a boar or a Tapir the size of a Perodua Kancil. I was slow at the time. In case of the Tapir, it will ran over me with its size.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I ran over a mickey mouse few years ago and it was a really wtf moment.

I was exiting a roundabout, at around 40kmh. Suddenly a rat ran across the road and it was still quite far from me, approximately 30m away. It was running from left to right and I saw it so I relaxingly steered to the left to avoid it and let it cross the road. To my surprise, it stopped out of a sudden and then made a U Turn!

Klaaaaak~ RIP

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I ran over a mickey mouse few years ago and it was a really wtf moment.

I was exiting a roundabout, at around 40kmh. Suddenly a rat ran across the road and it was still quite far from me, approximately 30m away. It was running from left to right and I saw it so I relaxingly steered to the left to avoid it and let it cross the road. To my surprise, it stopped out of a sudden and then made a U Turn!

Klaaaaak~ RIP
I guess he was really looking to commit suicide.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
My 1st road kill made me felt so guilty that I actually U-turn back. That road was dark along Taman Bukit Maluri heading towards the school at night.

1) When my headlights is bright enough to shine through my path, I saw the small rat, I swerve to make sure it is right under my car, but when I was about to swerve, I guess it moved and I think if i did not swerve, I might not have killed it. I felt the small bump when I pass by...I wasn't sure if I have ran over it but then I think 90% sure I did as it was not a usual bump feel.

Made a U-Turn and came back, I wind down the window and look out, saw it lying down there not moving. I said sorry and make a small prayer, then I drove off and felt real bad about it for quite some time. That night couldn't really slp knowing I have took away a life.
2) Funny day when I was heading to work in KL, sudden feeling tell me to take the short cut through the University Malaya to Bangsar that road. So took it but I did get lost inside (Damn big inside with so many TINY signboards.) and I got lost.

End up was driving about 80km/h while looking at my for god sake WAZE that is not working in UM. So I was driving on empty road and I saw 2 birds there. Same as gunnerz case, I thought it will fly away, as I was approaching, I was like "Shit!" I know is not going to fly away, I did step on the brake but then was too late to brake in time and when it flew up, my left headlamp side, hit it with a THUD.

I was like "F%@%!" WHAT THE HELL DID I do!?" I felt so so bad that I keep saying shit shit shit....
I made a U-Turn and was frustrated that if I did not intend to try another route, I wouldn't have killed a bird.

It was lying at the side of the road helplessly (dead), while the other is walking around as I did not hit it since it was much more inside at the side of the road.

I drove off and really felt guilty about it. To me, is still a living being. They deserve to live and do not deserve to die this way. No animals deserve to die this way. :frown: :banghead:
From today onwards, I will slow down when there are birds, I believe they too depends on reflexes and some may be slower.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My 1st road kill made me felt so guilty that I actually U-turn back. That road was dark along Taman Bukit Maluri heading towards the school at night.

From today onwards, I will slow down when there are birds, I believe they too depends on reflexes and some may be slower.
CVKit told me to just drive when I was approaching a bunch of pigeons.
But its true, they somehow just avoid us :rofl:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
sadly, i've ran over a couple of kittens, not knowing that they were under my car that was parked for 2 days. That was really a bad experience

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
3times experience on my 9years driving experience.

First time around 2008, still in college time and i stay at Subang Jaya SS15 BSN upstair. Same experience as bro.cvkit, there are mouse running around on the road and i can't avoid (both sides got parked cars) and i can feel i ran over something that is soft. Besides this, i got "fantastic" feeling when i ter-kick a mice ( the size is big) when i'm going back to my room after dinner. The feeling is, wahh very soft.

second time around 2009, I'm sending my gf back home. And there is 1 pigeon like angry bird, hitting my windscreen and scare my shit out.

Third time this year, I'm going back home after work. Passing by Dengkil and I think i ran over a snake. It's dark because it's around 8pm night time. I tot it's a batang but i'm wrong when i realized it's a snake when i going back home on the second day and the snake was very flat in the middle of the road.

Sorry, i'm not intentionally to kill them.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
CVKit told me to just drive when I was approaching a bunch of pigeons.
But its true, they somehow just avoid us :rofl:
Depends on speed, somehow the one I ran over was unexpected at 80km/h.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I just remember, talking about snake. This was my 3rd case.

It was also really unexpected to see a snake on the road, I saw something from far moving, I never thought was a snake and thought was just some plastic moving due to win, when I realised it was a snake, it was too late as well...

I swerved so hard that my gf and passengers was shocked, but I still fail to avoid at the speed I'm going, I felt that I ran over its body...
I went back to see, it was no longer there, but I think it is surely injured....

Really a bad experience indeed when killed or almost killed an animal... :frown:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
the biggest i've hit is dead cow laying on the road....errr..but not exactly hit...it is more to rolled over it :biggrin:

it was in the middle of night with heavy downpour rain...and i'm driving my rally car from workshop back home...no aircond in the rain at night = need cat eye :biggrin:

i think the cow was hit by trailer earlier..

as i'm foccusing to keep the car in proper lane at around 80km/h.....suddenly felt like i just did go fly over crest (like rally jump).....then too weird because i knew that road and area no jumping place and didnt see any tree/rock in the middle of the road...

and after that do some steering/brake test to check my car condition while moving...seems ok....so i just continue until reach my home....and after parked the car....i check my sumpguard, got a bit of torn cow skin (it was black cow) :rofl: no wonder i didnt see anything....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
the biggest i've hit is dead cow laying on the road....errr..but not exactly hit...it is more to rolled over it :biggrin:

it was in the middle of night with heavy downpour rain...and i'm driving my rally car from workshop back home...no aircond in the rain at night = need cat eye :biggrin:

i think the cow was hit by trailer earlier..

as i'm foccusing to keep the car in proper lane at around 80km/h.....suddenly felt like i just did go fly over crest (like rally jump).....then too weird because i knew that road and area no jumping place and didnt see any tree/rock in the middle of the road...

and after that do some steering/brake test to check my car condition while moving...seems ok....so i just continue until reach my home....and after parked the car....i check my sumpguard, got a bit of torn cow skin (it was black cow) :rofl: no wonder i didnt see anything....
Lucky u didnt lost control

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Lucky u didnt lost control
Rally car ma...
even if it hit the cow, he will be fine.
His car wont be though.

I nearly hit a cow dead on while driving fast on a dark road.
The blame is for both the oncoming driver and me to share.
The on coming driver for some reason did not lower his high beam even after i flash my high beam.
The moment his headlight passes me, a black figure suddenly appear in front of me, its a cow standing in the middle of my lane. To make things worst, a bike was on the other lane.
No place to avoid, "skreeeeeeeet"
I know i wont stop in time and the moment the bike past, i swerved right.
I believe it was so close that if the cow sneeze, it mucus will be left on my side mirror.
Funny thing is that we are on our way to a Hari Raya open house with beef satay as the main menu.

Not sure about pigeon but just like the tiong i hit, there must be a threshold speed of which the bird can safely fly away. A bird can even be killed if it got caught in air turbulence while trying to fly away.

My uncle once hit a cow dead on with a Pajero at about 60kmh.
Nothing broke or bent on the Pajero.
Cow was slaughter on site after seeing that it wont survive.
Cow owner donated the meat to surrounding villagers.

Jan 23, 2014
Rugby
This is not a case of what I've run over but a case of what has run over me. I returned to my 350Z after doing a few things around town to find that someone had run over or rather run into my car whilst parked smashing my N/S rear light, putting a nice dent into my rear quarter panel and some wonderful scratches on my rear bumper. Unfortunately this is roadkill that I can't cook, but I'd love to put the pillock who didn't so much as leave a note with his/her contact details overa fire for an hour or two. GGrrr. :evil::evil::evil:

cacing

Apr 16, 2004
I hit a monkey that was running across the road..was some trunk road in johor that was quite packed with cars...had no option to jam brake as it just suddenly decided to cross the road. It was either to let the cars behind pile up or just hope the monkey stop in time..in the end..it hit the undercarriage and when i checked the mirror it was lying in the middle of the road..

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Before this I had never run over anything alive except a few bugs or insects. However this year I've run over a baby monkey and a baby bird (burung puyuh, don't know the name in English). Of course I feel bad about it but there's nothing I could do to avoid them :frown:. I'll drive slower next time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Continental tyres has just reached a milestone following the manufacturing of their 10 millionth piece of their SSR runflat tyre that was made at their passenger tyre plant in Aachen. The SSR runflat tyres allow a vehicle to remain mobile for up to 160km in the event of tyre failure.

Production of the tyre begun back in 2004 and considering that it only took seven years to reach the 10 million mark, the feat can...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience