Review: 2015 Megane RS275 Trophy-R + On-Board Video

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I think it is the flywheel then. What I have heard previously is something about Wira 1.5 changing into the clutch from Wira 1.6 which also requires something like modifying the clutch cover. Sorry, what I heard that time is in cantonese not in english, so I wasn't so sure what it meant.

Then I guess those who use those heavy racing clutch on street cars is rather pointless. No point in getting those Ogura Super Single Clutch :banghead:

I've also heard about making the car easier to accelerate during uphill if 4G15 is using the clutch from 4G92.

upgrade bigger clutch=adding more surface friction..more grip...

and also directly adding rotational weight which is more inertia for engine carrying rpm while moving...

yep...no point using race clutch when stock clutch will be just fine for daily usage....unless the car also going to trackday/dragstrip

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

and also directly adding rotational weight which is more inertia for engine carrying rpm while moving...

yep...no point using race clutch when stock clutch will be just fine for daily usage....unless the car also going to trackday/dragstrip
If I upgrade to a bigger clutch, will it have a longer lifespan than the smaller clutch?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
If I upgrade to a bigger clutch, will it have a longer lifespan than the smaller clutch?
more or less still similar lifespan (and depends on the usage) but lets say the car/vehicle is used to tow something heavy..bigger clutch would be more reliable for that extra stress....

My turbo with 200bhp uses normal exedy clutch set only.....:biggrin:
If you reach red line, will it slip?

no slippage ler...oem vr4 clutch is designed for that level of power...

so do all other car...clutch size is already appropriate to stock power level (and usually have 30% more safe margin above factory engine setup)

like stock scooby wrx 250hp engine...clutch is capable to hold reliable power up to 320hp....so if my scooby didnt exceed that power level, no point upgrading the clutch... simple enough

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
more or less still similar lifespan (and depends on the usage) but lets say the car/vehicle is used to tow something heavy..bigger clutch would be more reliable for that extra stress....

no slippage ler...oem vr4 clutch is designed for that level of power...

so do all other car...clutch size is already appropriate to stock power level (and usually have 30% more safe margin above factory engine setup)

like stock scooby wrx 250hp engine...clutch is capable to hold reliable power up to 320hp....so if my scooby didnt exceed that power level, no point upgrading the clutch... simple enough
I see. I thought these larger clutch will have a longer lifespan than smaller clutch before it wears out.

I've thought of this then. To maintain the soft clutch feel, can a car take an OEM clutch from a different car and equips it? Let's say like I have an upgraded 4G93T which makes 270hp but I don't want to use a stiff racing clutch. So can I take the OEM clutch from 4G63T (Evo 3) and use that instead?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, as bro. pomen mentioned mine is standard VR4 engine transplant together with the standard gear box, so is not a modded engine to sometime else....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I see. I thought these larger clutch will have a longer lifespan than smaller clutch before it wears out.

I've thought of this then. To maintain the soft clutch feel, can a car take an OEM clutch from a different car and equips it? Let's say like I have an upgraded 4G93T which makes 270hp but I don't want to use a stiff racing clutch. So can I take the OEM clutch from 4G63T (Evo 3) and use that instead?
yeap...thats what most people do to maintain stock clutch feel

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
To be honest, clutch plates last for years, like a handful of years if driven right, so there's no real reason to source for longer lasting options

Although the truth is, a simple misuse can burn the plate and destroy any life there is to it left. Even when new.

So, never grind the clutch with too much revs and too little contact, especially when ascending hills, or traffic light launches

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, that is true fact. My VR uses normal Exedy clutch set and I use them for years. I change one set when engine transplant time and in between another set and that is 16 years already. Of course normal every day use not racing.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
To be honest, clutch plates last for years, like a handful of years if driven right, so there's no real reason to source for longer lasting options

Although the truth is, a simple misuse can burn the plate and destroy any life there is to it left. Even when new.

So, never grind the clutch with too much revs and too little contact, especially when ascending hills, or traffic light launches
As far as I know, my 17 year old car had only changed clutch twice. The first one was changed by my uncle around year 2010-2012 but that clutch (unknown brand according to mechanic) is faulty as it caused engine oil leak from a loose oil seal somewhere at the gearbox area back in 2014. So, I changed to another clutch (Exedy) on that time and I have been using it until now.

For launches, highest that I will go with my car is around 3000rpm. Din't want to go anything beyond that to prevent damage to my clutch and tyres.

Feb 20, 2017
hi,,
Unbelievably good to drive when there are bends in sight
Not the fastest hot hatch to 100km/h, but still fast at 5.8sec
Monumental grip thanks to the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres
Brilliant chassis
Strong 2.0-litre turbo engine with unusually linear power delivery.

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

Last edited:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Good point there pomen_gtr
Dangggg.....i should have join ZTh earlier. :smokin: :dong:
Maybe i already used to current clutch setup. UncleVR or renesis know my size still can take it. lol...
i almost got to argue with my father in law, saga aeroback clutch.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I`m a mechanic myself. but this Renault Kangoo is givin me headache! Cold start,ok! But when it has done 5 to 10km, it will suddenly dies off! I had top-overhaul the engine, T.belt replaced, coil replaced,CPU re-set,battery replaced. The temp. gauge shows fine at optimum. At times it will jerks when accelerate. An original fuel pump was also placed. pls help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience