Retreat! -Review: R3 Satria

tatatititututoto

Known Member
Nov 20, 2004
Malaysia
btw can the standard satria 1.3 be spot welded to be the same as the R3?

is the body kit of the R3 the same as the SGTI?

the car looks more garang than the SGTI... but i wonder bout the handling...

nikkivec

Aug 18, 2004
Originally posted by tkkhoo+Dec 31 2004, 22:19 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tkkhoo @ Dec 31 2004, 22:19 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nikkivec@Dec 31 2004, 19:43
Actually..Are they sElling the White Color R3. Issit 2 kind of color and rims to choose? Because the white Color satria advanti's rimS looks more cun. :P :P :P Jus wanna knoe.
only black color avaiable for sale [/b][/quote]
oO...
white color tht rims look better :P

god

Dec 5, 2004
errrr, sifus out there, can someone tell me what is spotweld??

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by god@Jan 2 2005, 23:01
see the circular round flat spots on the metal?
that's a spot weld, with many others next to it.

if those sceptics dunno if this R3 Satria's handling isn't better that of a Satria GTI i dunno what to say...

in Sepang the R3 Satria records something like 6+secs faster than SGTi

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by ninja_iga+Jan 2 2005, 23:26 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ninja_iga @ Jan 2 2005, 23:26 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-god@Jan 2 2005, 23:01
see the circular round flat spots on the metal?
that's a spot weld, with many others next to it.

if those sceptics dunno if this R3 Satria's handling isn't better that of a Satria GTI i dunno what to say...

in Sepang the R3 Satria records something like 6+secs faster than SGTi [/b][/quote]
Ninja, would a GTi fitted with Titan suspension out-handle the R3? :D

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by InitialD@Jan 3 2005, 00:02
Ninja, would a GTi fitted with Titan suspension out-handle the R3? :D
Hahah choose your reply wisely!

But allow me to give a temp answer;

It's hard to say if Titan will outhandle the R3's stock suspension, because each Titan owner has different settings. So the setting MAY or MAY NOT be better than the SR3's. But if Titan wanted to create a kick-ass setting for the satria, I'm sure they already have ;)

About the buying a Honda part, I'd love any Type-R Honda. But for several reasons I won't buy one;

1) I'd rather support R3 than the AP holders (at least R3 puts some REAL sweat into their products)
2) I don't dig 2nd hand cars or excessive modification (ECU included)
3) Even if I could afford one new, the price to performance ratio is not worth it
4) You don't get to yum cha with the Type-R engineers ;)

putra_dreamin

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
Urm.. Im interested in buying a car as im selling off my old iswara.

Does anyone know abt the financing requirements? How much downpayment is needed? Any suitable financing?

Where should I go for booking? From what I enquired, can only book/buy the R3 at proton edar dealers. Is that true?

As I dun think I can meet the 10%(8k?) downpayment requirement, is there any option that I can look into? How much are the owners currently paying per month?

Im a nooB here, so if i asked something out of hand, do forgive me. Just very interested in the R3 though would prefer a putra still =D

Cheers and thanks for any info!!

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
If meeting the downpayment is a problem, then it's not a wise decision to even consider the car at all. Seriously, if I were you, I'd look at the re-launched Putra, priced at RM68k. If you're lucky, there might be still a unit or two at the PE in Selayang. It may not be an R3 drive, but Putras are their own bag of sweets altogether. Grab it while you still can.

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Originally posted by putra_dreamin@Jan 3 2005, 14:11
Urm.. Im interested in buying a car as im selling off my old iswara.

Does anyone know abt the financing requirements? How much downpayment is needed? Any suitable financing?

Where should I go for booking? From what I enquired, can only book/buy the R3 at proton edar dealers. Is that true?

As I dun think I can meet the 10%(8k?) downpayment requirement, is there any option that I can look into? How much are the owners currently paying per month?

Im a nooB here, so if i asked something out of hand, do forgive me. Just very interested in the R3 though would prefer a putra still =D

Cheers and thanks for any info!!
hey putra_d,

The downpayment is RM7,888 but a booking via Proton Edar Website is required. A RM2000 booking fee using a credit card is needed, and this will be deducted from the 10% downpayment as mentioned.

The loan is supplied by Bumiputera Commerce Finance @ 3.75% interest for 9 years. This translates to around RM880/month loan settlement.

Trading in the old iswara would help reduce the final number and also the total downpayment, depending on the value of your old car.

Hope this helps.

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Originally posted by prozac@Jan 3 2005, 14:34
If meeting the downpayment is a problem, then it's not a wise decision to even consider the car at all. Seriously, if I were you, I'd look at the re-launched Putra, priced at RM68k. If you're lucky, there might be still a unit or two at the PE in Selayang. It may not be an R3 drive, but Putras are their own bag of sweets altogether. Grab it while you still can.
Actually I would just buy a second hand 98-99 Putra. The old stock Putras at PE don't come with Recaros and the other goodies. Not worth the RM68K price tag I reckon. I really wonder why they still have stock.

G3-X

Jul 10, 2004
KL
R3 (Race Rally Research) Proton Tuner maaa....

like...

Nissan --> Impul, NISMO

Mazda --> Mazdaspeed

Toyota --> TRD (Toyota Racing Development)

Honda --> Mugen

MItsubishi --> Ralliiart

Subaru --> STi (Subaru Technica International)

Mercedes --> Kleeman, AMG, Brabus, Carlsson

BMW --> Ac Schnitzer

Ferrari --> Michelotto

Porsche --> Kremer Bros

Ford --> Jack Roush Racing

p/s: Proton --> Kedai Potong... miahaha :lol:

putra_dreamin

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
Thanks guys fer the info.. Guess will have to go with a putra then. Will they come out with an R3 putra? Coz one of the development cars is a putra right? if i'm not mistaken.

Anyway, can other car owners (other than the R3) join the R3 TT session ? :P

jus kiddin.. haha

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Originally posted by G3-X@Jan 3 2005, 15:01
R3 (Race Rally Research) Proton Tuner maaa....

like...

Nissan --> Impul, NISMO

Mazda --> Mazdaspeed

Toyota --> TRD (Toyota Racing Deparment)

Honda --> Mugen

MItsubishi --> Ralliiart

Subaru --> STi (Subaru Technica International)

Mercedes --> Kleeman, AMG, Brabus, Carlsson

BMW --> Ac Schnitzer

Ferrari --> Michelotto

Porsche --> Kremer Bros

Ford --> Jack Roush Racing

p/s: Proton --> Kedai Potong... miahaha :lol:
Yes, well done G3-X.

I hope R3 has plans to come out, with guns-ablazing, as a full-fledged tuner in the near future. I believe it has the expertise to do so.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day,sifus.......been upgrading my soundsystem all this while,totally forgo about my safety......need to upgrade my brakes now.Was opting for the standard replacement for the front discs n pads but was suggested to use AXT's.....so,guys...how much do they costs now(for Waja) and are they good(better than stock ones) or moreless the same??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience