Retreat! -Review: R3 Satria

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Originally posted by Gtr81@Feb 12 2005, 05:49
isnt that they use mitsubishi twincam 1.6 doch engine to modified in the r3?? :blink:
That would either be a 4G92 DOHC (Non-MIVEC) or a 4G91 1.5 DOHC. Both are ancient engines. The SR3 uses the venerable 103kW 4G93P option.

I

Indecided

Hi,

maybe you should take the time to glance at the first page before randomly posting snippets.

ettk2003

Known Member
Sep 15, 2004
i like its carbon fibre engine plug cover...

really cool....

anyone knows where to get one?

:)

ansonkit

Mar 10, 2005
forget it .... no matter how much proton improve this unit .... is still the copycat model from mitsubishi .... zero in creativity, zero in innovative, zero in localization, and zero in quality .... and the worst is Proton dare to announce that will be a price increase .... now i looking forward to see how proton can survive in International Standard in future ....

I

Indecided

well ansonkit Malaysia has to start somewhere dont' we?

Proton is about 20 years old.. it's still young. It will grow with time, hopefully eventually. Car business is no easy tiding... and we were pretty brave even with the tech transfer from mitsu... I think.

anyways, I noticed you drive a satria.. so give your own car a bit of support la. copycat or not, it's still a start.. localization? quality needs a immediate boost no doubt about that.

Well they're playing by the Jap's rules when they practiced dumping in USA with Toyota.. but unfortunately Proton didn't have the luck of being liked, or touted as a great alternative..or an economical one at that.

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
so if i sprayed my car black because i like the colour, you'll take ur cf bat, beat my car and call me a wanabe?

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
There is no official SR3 club as yet, but it is in planning. Should be in existence by end of the year.

ansonkit

Mar 10, 2005
Originally posted by Indecided@Mar 10 2005, 19:30
well ansonkit Malaysia has to start somewhere dont' we?

Proton is about 20 years old.. it's still young. It will grow with time, hopefully eventually. Car business is no easy tiding... and we were pretty brave even with the tech transfer from mitsu... I think.

anyways, I noticed you drive a satria.. so give your own car a bit of support la. copycat or not, it's still a start.. localization? quality needs a immediate boost no doubt about that.

Well they're playing by the Jap's rules when they practiced dumping in USA with Toyota.. but unfortunately Proton didn't have the luck of being liked, or touted as a great alternative..or an economical one at that.
hello INDEED ... 20 years old or 100 years ... it doesn't made the matter or different ....

the matter of different things is the Mindset and attitude that who use it to build the empire ...

if can't get what i mean ... try study on how Korea car are so succesful now ....

becoz I am a Satria user , therefore i know how bad the car is ...

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
sorry but when it accelerates slower than a late model gti like 2001 plus with the siemens ecu i cant really call it better... maybe it handles better but with a couple thousand i saved on buying myself a 2000 sgti i could easily gain that. i still think its a rip off. the only thing i like is the color minus the stickers :P

wavo

Jun 14, 2004
hi

whey can gti join the R3 also
same also satria ma
and also can test power
hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.......need ur help a bit on where to find a 5 Speed gear box to be converted from a 4 Speed gear box? How much is da cost?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience